ADVERTISEMENT

Kyler Schott, if not Iowa? "Probably Wartburg."

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
UPDATE:

If Schott had not come to Iowa he was probably headed to Wartburg.

Watch:

Tell me what you know about this kid.

He played a lot after Jackson went down.

Check out this tweet:

I know he was a wrestler.

This is hilarious:

Watch:

Last edited:
Heard he’s a weight room freak, either already breaking or almost breaking OL records, someone can fill in the info I’m missing.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Heard he’s a weight room freak, either already breaking or almost breaking OL records, someone can fill in the info I’m missing.
I honestly had not heard of him until after Jackson went down.

And his nickname is Scooter? lol

Is he on scholarship? Or soon to be?

I know he broke the freshman OG squat record a couple years ago.
is he on scholarship? i see he walked on and redshirted in 2017.

From HawkeyeSports.com

2018 (played in one game) - - Saw action in 33-7 win over Northern Illinois as offense gained 209 net rushing yards . . . did not see action in 13-3 win over Iowa State . . . did not see action in 38-14 win over Northern Iowa . . . did not see action in 28-17 loss to #18 Wisconsin . . . did not see action in 48-31 win at Minnesota . . . did not see action in 42-16 win at Indiana . . . did not see action in 23-0 win over Maryland . . . did not see action in 30-24 loss at #17 Penn State . . . did not see action in 38-36 loss at Purdue . . . did not see action in 14-10 loss to Northwestern . . . did not see action in 63-0 win at Illinois . . . did not see action in 31-28 win over Nebraska . . . did not see action in 27-22 Outback Bowl win over #18 Mississippi State.

2017 - - Redshirted after joining the program as a walk-on.

High school honors - - Earned first-team all-state honors as a senior . . . earned first-team all-district honors three straight years, including being named district MVP as a senior . . . Career - -Four-year football letterman as offensive lineman and linebacker . . . team captain as a junior and senior . . . also lettered in wrestling (4), track (2) and baseball (2).

Personal - - Born 10/27/98 . . . criminal justice major . . . parents are Dawn and David Schott . . . high school coach was Jared Collam.

Schott_Kyler.JPG

https://hawkeyesports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=13377

Reactions: hawkhuizy
Never heard of him but like the little i've heard since yesterday. Really liked all the players who played yesterday and the depth being built on the Oline. The interior is looking strong now to get OT some experience for when AJ and TW leave for those greenbacks.

Great story. Stanley was well protected all game long.
Yep, thought it was funny one play, the clock went off in Stanley’s head and he ran around. Had such a good pocket he came right back to where he was before. Threw the ball away and got intentional grounding.

Question on that, he was not under pressure at all, thought that was a requirement for intentional grounding??

Yep, thought it was funny one play, the clock went off in Stanley’s head and he ran around. Had such a good pocket he came right back to where he was before. Threw the ball away and got intentional grounding.

Question on that, he was not under pressure at all, thought that was a requirement for intentional grounding??
you have to get past the tackle '"box" before you can throw it away

or, if you are in the tackle box, there has to be a receiver in the area of your throw

on that play, for some reason, Stanley panicked

Reactions: TKingpin
And now, in week 2, he is starting.

Great story.

The 2 deeps on offense:

WR - Brandon Smith, Tyrone Tracy, Jr.
TE - Nate Wieting, Drew Cook/Shaun Beyer
LT - Tristan Wirfs, Mark Kallenberger
LG - Landan Paulsen, Cody Ince
C - Tyler Linderbaum, Jeff Jenkins
RG - Kyler Schott, Justin Britt
RT - Levi Paulsen, Jack Plumb
WR - Ihmir Smith-Marsette, Nico Ragaini
QB - Nate Stanley, Spencer Petras/Peyton Mansell
RB - Mekhi Sargent, Toren Young, Ivory Kelly-Martin
FB - Brady Ross, Turner Pallissard

is he on scholarship? i see he walked on and redshirted in 2017.

From HawkeyeSports.com

2018 (played in one game) - - Saw action in 33-7 win over Northern Illinois as offense gained 209 net rushing yards . . . did not see action in 13-3 win over Iowa State . . . did not see action in 38-14 win over Northern Iowa . . . did not see action in 28-17 loss to #18 Wisconsin . . . did not see action in 48-31 win at Minnesota . . . did not see action in 42-16 win at Indiana . . . did not see action in 23-0 win over Maryland . . . did not see action in 30-24 loss at #17 Penn State . . . did not see action in 38-36 loss at Purdue . . . did not see action in 14-10 loss to Northwestern . . . did not see action in 63-0 win at Illinois . . . did not see action in 31-28 win over Nebraska . . . did not see action in 27-22 Outback Bowl win over #18 Mississippi State.

High school honors - - Earned first-team all-state honors as a senior . . . earned first-team all-district honors three straight years, including being named district MVP as a senior . . . Career - -Four-year football letterman as offensive lineman and linebacker . . . team captain as a junior and senior . . . also lettered in wrestling (4), track (2) and baseball (2).

Personal - - Born 10/27/98 . . . criminal justice major . . . parents are Dawn and David Schott . . . high school coach was Jared Collam.

Schott_Kyler.JPG

https://hawkeyesports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=13377
Was Kyler Schott a walk-on?

check this out; as you can see:

I don't think he is on scholarship yet, either.

Absolute inspiration, and "roll" model for high school linemen who couldn't land a scholarship ~ prove 'em wrong!

I know he broke the freshman OG squat record a couple years ago.
IIRC outside of Tristan he is the strongest man in the locker room. Like Tyler has a mean take no prisoners attitude. Went back and watched when he was in at RG and he has a good base and strength. Can stand better pass pro but once he latches onto you in the run game as good as anyone in our interior. Not tall, 6-2 maybe an inch or so tall, but probably weighs 3 bills. Good punch. :D

You guys see his HS highlight? It's like watching a smaller Brandon Scherff against smaller competition. This is exactly the attitude we all want Tristan Wirfs to have:

Reactions: Cougar63
You guys see his HS highlight? It's like watching a smaller Brandon Scherff against smaller competition. This is exactly the attitude we all want Tristan Wirfs to have:

Yes and the attitude of T Linderbaum also. Two guys like that the attitude should be contagious. Sort of like when Bob Sanders was put in the lineup.

He looked like a college player playing against 8th graders! My goodness! Glad nobody else found him...

Reactions: dbrocket
Like EVERY play. Puts the guy on his a$$
You really have to almost feel sorry for those kids on the other team! Can you imagine the high school kid across from him by the third quarter of getting his a%% planted into the grass with shooter crushing on top of him almost every play. Hell no I don't want to go back in coach... Jees.... LOL!

You really have to almost feel sorry for those kids on the other team! Can you imagine the high school kid across from him by the third quarter of getting his a%% planted into the grass with shooter crushing on top of him almost every play. Hell no I don't want to go back in coach... Jees.... LOL!
Yeah, I’d be begging the refs to be a little quicker with the whistle on every play. Schott doesn’t stop until he hears it

For a moment, let's suppose that what we saw from the interior OL was not fools-gold. The possible implication being that Schott, Linderbaum, Ince, Britt, and Paulsen are all pretty capable guys .... and that doesn't even count Banwart when he returns to health! That's exceedingly good news if true!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT