ADVERTISEMENT

Kylie Feuerbach to Iowa?

huntermmm

HR All-State
Jan 12, 2020
I thought this needed its own thread. For those who don't know, there is a lot of talks going on that former Iowa State player Kylie Feuerbach is transferring to Iowa. On Instagram, there have been recent mutual followings from Hannah Bluder (Director of Basketball Operations), Abby Stamp (Assistant Coach), Jan Jensen's son, and Raina Harmon (Assistant Coach).

I thought this needed its own thread. For those who don't know, there is a lot of talks going on that former Iowa State player Kylie Feuerbach is transferring to Iowa. On Instagram, there have been recent mutual followings from Hannah Bluder (Director of Basketball Operations), Abby Stamp (Assistant Coach), Jan Jensen's son, and Raina Harmon (Assistant Coach).

Is she any good? what position?

It was mentioned on CF that some of the local buzz had her going to Iowa. The WBB fans there have been unpleasantly surprised that she's leaving the program, as she was a starter all season.

Where does it say at that she’s coming to Iowa or is it false information
Hey Brandon, @hawkbuck70 said it's likely to happen soon. They were the poster that broke the news when Caitlin committed to Iowa last year so they have good information. I think it's fairly safe to trust that information. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Reactions: HIWILLE
No, but both her parents, a brother and a grandfather all graduated from Iowa State. Rumor is she didn't like the coach.
That's not a rumor, that's a fact. Just like the players at Ohio State and Maryland. Watch the court side demeanor of those coaches, and check the player turnovers in the last few years, even though the teams are all doing fairly well.

That's not a rumor, that's a fact. Just like the players at Ohio State and Maryland. Watch the court side demeanor of those coaches, and check the player turnovers in the last few years, even though the teams are all doing fairly well.
ISU has had one season of more than 18 wins in their last 7 seasons. Bill really hasn't been great for awhile.

I wish I could say sorry to see her leave isu. Like I said I wish. Glad she decided to be a Hawkeye. WELCOME ABOARD young lady.

Reactions: cyberhawk
No, but both her parents, a brother and a grandfather all graduated from Iowa State. Rumor is she didn't like the coach.
The CF folks said her dad in particular was a huge ISU fan, so extra surprising to me that she joined the 'dark side' ;)

Looks like she was a starter for the Clowns; can we pencil her in as a starter for Iowa?

Her averages over 28 games:

22 minutes
5.5 pts
3.1 rebounds
36% FG
27% from 3
64% from FT Line

She was a 2020 commit so she has 3 years eligibility left.

A 6 foot guard.
Nice.

Also, don't you know there are rules??????

EzIK7QCXMAQwdAs.jpg

Ej2SmlrU4AIRFYs.jpg

68efbbf3-cc3b-48bc-9ef5-8075260b3f33-Feuerbach_2.jpeg

Last edited:
When you get rid of your best assistant to bring your son on to the staff, things can go awry.
I don't pay too much attention to women's bball (Clark is changing that), but the way ISU fans rag on Fran for his record, make me wonder how he is so beloved by the same fans. He's been worse.

Sounds like a nice add for the program but those shooting %s aren't too impressive. Her FG% is .10+ worse than the entire IOWA roster (except for 2 players who road the pine most of the year). Same with FT %.

36% FG
27% from 3
64% from FT Line

Welcome to the good side, Kylie! Sorry about the extended shower they made you take when you arrived from Lames.

Sounds like a nice add for the program but those shooting %s aren't too impressive. Her FG% is .10+ worse than the entire IOWA roster (except for 2 players who road the pine most of the year). Same with FT %.

36% FG
27% from 3
64% from FT Line

yeah, i had to double check those #s; not good

I don't pay too much attention to women's bball (Clark is changing that), but the way ISU fans rag on Fran for his record, make me wonder how he is so beloved by the same fans. He's been worse.
Uhhhh...no. That’s not true at all.

His resume is MUCH better than Fran’s....and he built that program into what it is, which goes a long way with some.

Reactions: D-Ram and danny14
The program was essentially nonexistent when he was hired. He has won conference titles, conference tournament titles, and 18 NCAA appearances, including five in the Sweet Sixteen and two in the Elite Eight. Fennelly has had four losing seasons in 26 years. The Cyclone women are a fixture in the top ten nationally in attendance.

That's not worse than Fran's record at Iowa.

The program was essentially nonexistent when he was hired. He has won conference titles, conference tournament titles, and 18 NCAA appearances, including five in the Sweet Sixteen and two in the Elite Eight. Fennelly has had four losing seasons in 26 years. The Cyclone women are a fixture in the top ten nationally in attendance.

That's not worse than Fran's record at Iowa.
Bluder's done more.

Looks like she was a starter for the Clowns; can we pencil her in as a starter for Iowa?

Her averages over 28 games:

22 minutes
5.5 pts
3.1 rebounds
36% FG
27% from 3
64% from FT Line

She was a 2020 commit so she has 3 years eligibility left.

A 6 foot guard.
Nice.

Also, don't you know there are rules??????

EzIK7QCXMAQwdAs.jpg

Ej2SmlrU4AIRFYs.jpg

68efbbf3-cc3b-48bc-9ef5-8075260b3f33-Feuerbach_2.jpeg
She's a good player. Iowa State people hate to see her go anywhere, especially to the Dark Side. She will be a strong addition to the Iowa team. I personally wish her the best. No "buts" or "nevertheless" about it.

Having said that, her playing time was considerably greater than it would have been if Maggie Espenmiller-McGraw, who some consider ISU's best guard, hadn't been plagued with injuries all season.

You guys will be delighted with Feuerbach. Congratulations.

Bluder's done more.
No, she hasn't. And she took over a program that Vivian Stringer had built into one of the nation's strongest. But with all the starters coming back and the addition of Feuerbach, next year could be something really special.

EDIT: Just looked at the record, and while Bluder's isn't as good as Fennelly's, they are remarkably similar and Bluder's in recent years is better.

Last edited:
Reactions: natchrlman
No, she hasn't. And she took over a program that Vivian Stringer had built into one of the nation's strongest. But with all the starters coming back and the addition of Feuerbach, next year could be something really special.

EDIT: Just looked at the record, and while Bluder's isn't as good as Fennelly's, they are remarkably similar and Bluder's in recent years is better.
Yup. One coach is declining and the other is on the rise.

And Bluder didn't take the program over from Stringer. She had some issues to overcome when she got the program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT