ADVERTISEMENT

Kyrsten Sinema (D) to Flip to (R)?

Jul 16, 2022
Some insiders in AZ are now speculating that moderate Kyrsten Sinema (D) could abandon the Democratics Party and flip to the Republican Party after the midterms. She is up for Senate reelection in 2024. Dems will be defending 23 Senate seats in 2024 and Republicans will only be defending 10 seats that cycle.

Interesting article here from the Washington Post on her recent meeting with McConnell in Kentucky with her comments on border security and the filibuster.

I think she enjoys attention from both sides.

200w.gif

She may be in it for the money from all the Wall Street types, but I can't imagine she'll flip from voting stridently pro-choice to enforcing forced birth at the flip of a switch.

I could see a flip to independent caucusing with Republicans. Certainly more likely in a 50/50 senate or Republican controlled senate in January 2023. To be honest the only real difference it makes is in confirmation of judges. McConnell will only put 1/20 or so of nominated judges up for a vote. No potential supreme court nominees. I’ve said this before. It will be decades before a Senate of the opposition party will confirm a SCOTUS nominee.

She may be in it for the money from all the Wall Street types, but I can't imagine she'll flip from voting stridently pro-choice to enforcing forced birth at the flip of a switch.
Newsflash- Every politician is in it for the money. Why do you think these old bastards never retire and go away? The D.C. gravy train is very powerful.

If any outsider like say a very rich like property investor or resort giant would become president and doesn't need the gravy train they
would immediately be attacked on all fronts.

Just watch AOC she's going to go from struggling bartender to one of the richest women in America over the next 40 years. The funny thing is she's going to do it while bashing America and capitalism all along the way.

It's a pretty easy line to walk since something like 80% of Americans support legal abortion within the first 16 weeks and relatively few oppose entirely. Certainly wouldn't hinder her for gaining the Republican vote.

I was counting on the Dems finding a better candidate in the primary regardless what she does in the next two years.

She essentially flipped to Republican a number of years ago.

IMO, she's grasping at political straws to remain a viable candidate. Both the Dems and Reps in Arizona hate her equally. She'll get primaried by either party she chooses to align with and then good bye Kristin!

Reactions: Moral and Huey Grey
Newsflash- Every politician is in it for the money. Why do you think these old bastards never retire and go away? The D.C. gravy train is very powerful.

If any outsider like say a very rich like property investor or resort giant would become president and doesn't need the gravy train they
would immediately be attacked on all fronts.

Just watch AOC she's going to go from struggling bartender to one of the richest women in America over the next 40 years. The funny thing is she's going to do it while bashing America and capitalism all along the way.

PushingNarratives like this.

Reactions: joelbc1
Some insiders in AZ are now speculating that moderate Kyrsten Sinema (D) could abandon the Democratics Party and flip to the Republican Party after the midterms. She is up for Senate reelection in 2024. Dems will be defending 23 Senate seats in 2024 and Republicans will only be defending 10 seats that cycle.

Interesting article here from the Washington Post on her recent meeting with McConnell in Kentucky with her comments on border security and the filibuster.

She was Dem?

ADVERTISEMENT