ADVERTISEMENT

La Russa takes over the White Sox!

Best I and Google Image Search could do...
larussa.jpg

JFC. Tony is one of my heroes but WTF?? I WAS really excited about 21 and 22, but this has disaster written all over it. No WAY he is the manager in 22.

Worse than anything is that it shows how this organization is being run. Rick Hahn isn't the greatest GM ever, but I know this wasn't his idea. Reinsdorf just pulled a trump and hired his pal, despite the numerous better candidates out there.

Reactions: JRHawk2003
Worse than anything is that it shows how this organization is being run. Rick Hahn isn't the greatest GM ever, but I know this wasn't his idea. Reinsdorf just pulled a trump and hired his pal, despite the numerous better candidates out there.

Hahn has done a pretty good job. I agree that he had no role in it. In fact, its like seeing your boss destroy a project you worked on for 4 years. He should resign.

Hahn has done a pretty good job. I agree that he had no role in it. In fact, its like seeing your boss destroy a project you worked on for 4 years. He should resign.

I'm hoping he hangs on one more year through a lackluster performance and then hires his own guy in October. Maybe he figures his guys can use another year of experience before they make a serious run at it? Wishful thinking...

They have a young, exciting team filled with a ton of Latino players, but they hire 76 year old white guy who hasn't coached in a decade.

They have a young, exciting team filled with a ton of Latino players, but they hire 76 year old white guy who hasn't coached in a decade.

To be fair, he's fluent in Spanish, and I don't think there's any issue with Hispanic/Latino players. Plenty of other issues though.

Hahn has done a GREAT job as Sox GM. This one was out of his hands because Jerry believes his biggest mistake he made with one of his teams was firing LaRussa years ago.

Reactions: JRHawk2003
ADVERTISEMENT