ADVERTISEMENT

LA Sheriff Dept. Still Has 429 Ford Crown Victorias in Service Because It Stockpiled Them

I was never one that thought the Crown Vics were a great squad car. I know I was/am in the minority, but cops who like them must not have driven them in the winter. Hunks a shit in the snow!!

Tell me more about the platform. What does it include?

It's most known for Crown Victoria, Lincoln Continental, Mercury Marquis cars from roughly early 90's to early 2010's. But it goes back to I believe 1979 as far as the total lifespan.

30+ year lifespans in the car business are pretty rare historically.

It's just a well designed body on frame design that was perfect for durability, yet a comfortable ride and V8 power trains.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
Nope, I’m good to go when it comes to Crown Vics. They’re some true American classics.
Alright bronacho, we are going to have some options here.

If you are not afraid of late night runs to the trailer park and your child likely having a substance dependency at birth.

We go:
lifted-ford-crown-vic-looks-ready-for-anything-in-patriotic-solid-axle-rendering-164684-7.jpg

If you are more of a drink vs kool-aid kind of guy who is cool with being the only white baby daddy at the BBQ:
60f037f84dfde638c01ded7e71f5b518.jpg

If you want to run a laundromat and constantly be reminded you are the disappointing son in law:

ford-crown-vic-coupe-mixes-digital-1990s-look-with-unbound-slammed-widebody-ethos-202173_1.jpg

The key here is, you're going to have options. How much a month on child support are you willing to spend?

• Haha
Reactions: Moral and McLovin32
I wonder what the NYPD did with all those Dodge Diplomats. Those were iconic as well from my youth.

It's most known for Crown Victoria, Lincoln Continental, Mercury Marquis cars from roughly early 90's to early 2010's. But it goes back to I believe 1979 as far as the total lifespan.

30+ year lifespans in the car business are pretty rare historically.

It's just a well designed body on frame design that was perfect for durability, yet a comfortable ride and V8 power trains.
Folks had a Marquis, a 2 door behemoth. Lot's of room in the back seat and great vehicle for dates.

Did Ford make the V8 406 motor? Seems that is what that car had, or am I misremembering?

I was never one that thought the Crown Vics were a great squad car. I know I was/am in the minority, but cops who like them must not have driven them in the winter. Hunks a shit in the snow!!

Do you like the Chargers? It seems like many departments are switching to SUV's and even pickups.

Folks had a Marquis, a 2 door behemoth. Lot's of room in the back seat and great vehicle for dates.

Did Ford make the V8 406 motor? Seems that is what that car had, or am I misremembering?

Probably thinking of the 400, and maybe an earlier version (mid 70's) of the Marquis. Note to add - the Marquis from 1975-1978 had the 400 as an option.

The Panther platform, the largest displacement engine I believe was the 351 Windsor early on, but was usually outfitted with some version of the 302 depending on year.

The Marquis of the 1970's was an outstanding mid level luxury boat.

Wikipedia Mercury Marquis

And this Youtuber is a huge fan of late 60's and 70's Mercury's...

If you are not afraid of late night runs to the trailer park and your child likely having a substance dependency at birth.

We go:
lifted-ford-crown-vic-looks-ready-for-anything-in-patriotic-solid-axle-rendering-164684-7.jpg

If you are more of a drink vs kool-aid kind of guy who is cool with being the only white baby daddy at the BBQ:

If you want to run a laundromat and constantly be reminded you are the disappointing son in law:

ford-crown-vic-coupe-mixes-digital-1990s-look-with-unbound-slammed-widebody-ethos-202173_1.jpg

The key here is, you're going to have options. How much a month on child support are you willing to spend?
****, man. All I know is if I ever hit the lotto, I'm buying one of all 3 of those bad boys.

I still see a few Sheriffs departments in Iowa driving the Crown Vic.

Many of the medium sized cities in Iowa are fully equipped with 4wd Tahoe's or Yukon's no more cars.

Do you like the Chargers? It seems like many departments are switching to SUV's and even pickups.
I have never had a Charger for a squad. I currently have a Tahoe and I wouldn't want to drive anything else. I had a really bad accident on duty driving an Explorer and it saved my life. I'm partial to suv's now especially in the area I work.

We go:

I would watch this Fast and the Furious movie.

Nope, I’m good to go when it comes to Crown Vics. They’re some true American classics.
And absolutely great to drive. When I used to travel a lot I often upgraded my rental to a Crown Vic just because I loved to drive them. should have just bought one for myself but I never did.

Reactions: McLovin32
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT