ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Lanier in Georgia has claimed 200 lives.

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
Lake Lanier is northeast of Atlanta. Of the 200 deaths 150 have been drownings. And, it seems like the death toll is higher if you extend back to the creation of the lake. I checked it out via Google Earth and it’s easy to see why. Scores of little coves and hundreds of individual docks in addition to large marinas and boat ramps. The lake was created by flooding some rugged area, and the bottom is filled with old trees, and all kinds of debris, including all of these coves.
It seems bizarre that so many could die accidentally in one lake and very little seems to have been done. If nothing else you would think authorities would focus on raising awareness about the hazards, and try and keep a lid on drunken behavior.
Oh, and some people think the lake is haunted because some cemeteries were flooded when creating the lake.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/7-wa...aunted-lake-lanier_n_6294f626e4b0cda85dc21417

Lake Lanier is northeast of Atlanta. Of the 200 deaths 150 have been drownings. And, it seems like the death toll is higher if you extend back to the creation of the lake. I checked it out via Google Earth and it’s easy to see why. Scores of little coves and hundreds of individual docks in addition to large marinas and boat ramps. The lake was created by flooding some rugged area, and the bottom is filled with old trees, and all kinds of debris, including all of these coves.
It seems bizarre that so many could die accidentally in one lake and very little seems to have been done. If nothing else you would think authorities would focus on raising awareness about the hazards, and try and keep a lid on drunken behavior.
Oh, and some people think the lake is haunted because some cemeteries were flooded when creating the lake.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/7-wa...aunted-lake-lanier_n_6294f626e4b0cda85dc21417
Sounds like they need to make this body of water much much bigger so more people have access to the water.

They need to get all the good old white boys in Georgia together and shoot that MF lake up with AR15s and expanding bullets!

I can’t believe that Joe Brandon created such a monstrosity and killed all those 200 people. I swear things would be different if this election weren’t stolen.

Better register it and get it filled in ASAP!!

When my dad was a young professional in Atlanta he was invited out on Lake Lanier with a couple of guy acquaintances. When they got out onto the water, they started propositioning him. My dad can't swim, so he had to lose his sh*t so they would bring him back to shore.

/CSB

Drain the lake, get rid of the obstacles and then refill the lake. That is one solution. Just like Lake Meade out west, you may find a few bodies. The sarcasm light 💡 is on.

They need to get all the good old white boys in Georgia together and shoot that MF lake up with AR15s and expanding bullets!

I can’t believe that Joe Brandon created such a monstrosity and killed all those 200 people. I swear things would be different if this election weren’t stolen.

preview.jpg

When my dad was a young professional in Atlanta he was invited out on Lake Lanier with a couple of guy acquaintances. When they got out onto the water, they started propositioning him. My dad can't swim, so he had to lose his sh*t so they would bring him back to shore.

/CSB
So your dad isn't woke?

Reactions: NCHawk5
Typical
Lanier is a typical Appalachian region lake created for power and recreation. They basically all flooded townships, houses, productive bottom lands, etc…
The quasi public/private TVA, or Tennessee Valley Authority, oversaw a lot of them. This “system“ brought electricity to many places in the region for the first time, albeit at the loss of many rural communities, native sacred sites, cemeteries, roadways, etc…

The biggest of all, Lake Fontana with it’s 480’ tall dam, was built by 24 hour a day crews in order to get power to nearby Oak Ridge, TN. Home of the atomic labs that begat the bombs that destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

BTW, Lanier water is the key to the insane growth of the ATL (Atlanta). The dramatic increase in H2O usage in that region has resulted in a devastating lessening of flow into the Apalachicola Bay in the Gulf of Mexico. This has resulted in the loss of prime oyster beds that once produced some of earth’s best oysters, along with depletion of other historically harvested species.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCainer
Typical

Lanier is a typical Appalachian region lake created for power and recreation. They basically all flooded townships, houses, productive bottom lands, etc…
The quasi public/private TVA, or Tennessee Valley Authority, oversaw a lot of them. This “system“ brought electricity to many places in the region for the first time, albeit at the loss of many rural communities, native sacred sites, cemeteries, roadways, etc…

The biggest of all, Lake Fontana with it’s 440’ tall dam, was built by 24 hour a day crews in order to get power to nearby Oak Ridge, TN. Home of the atomic labs that begat the bombs that destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

BTW, Lanier water is the key to the insane growth of the ATL (Atlanta). The dramatic increase in H2O usage in that region has resulted in a devastating lessening of flow into the Apalachicola Bay in the Gulf of Mexico. This has resulted in the loss of prime oyster beds that once produced some of earth’s best oysters, along with depletion of other historically harvested species.
Wtf does this have to do with the deaths?

What amendment protects large bodies of water?

Oh ye

Oh ye of little minds…
Of course, this is all common knowledge to an ole NC boy like you.
What’s it like to be miserable all day? I’m assuming the bender is carrying into Tuesday from the actions of both of your handles.

Florida isn't blameless, here:

We
Oh boy, let’s hear it. What are my other handles Nostradamus? This should be good.
Well sport, in 7,000 + posts in the last year or so on this one handle, you have spewed a lot of crap.
During and since your banning, your spawn has thrown out plenty more.

Reactions: lucas80
We

Well sport, in 7,000 + posts in the last year or so on this one handle, you have spewed a lot of crap.
Lots of shit at wall. Nothing of substance. Name one.

We

You just made the list, Pal.

What caused all the other deaths that weren't drownings? Gators? Parasailing? Florida wants to know.

/CSB
Were they playing banjos?

That lake is huge and constantly full of good ole boys just asking everyone to "Watch This". I'm surprised the number of deaths is that low.

ADVERTISEMENT