ADVERTISEMENT

Land of 10 breakdown of Iowa's 2018 schedule

First 2 are an easy choice with Wisconsin and Penn St. It’s a crap shoot after that what is the 3rd toughest game.

NW has to be our 3rd toughest game. They’ve proven it over the last 20 years.

Very true. I doubt that anyone close to the program thinks of Iowa State as a more likely loss than Northwestern or even Purdue. The Hawks could certainly blow it; we've all lived through numerous inexplicable no-shows vs. the Cyclones; but NW has arguably a better team, unquestionably better coach and has been an absolute headache for Iowa during the PF era.

I would put it like this
Wisconsin
Penn State
Northwestern
Iowa State
Purdue
Nebraska
Indiana
Minnesota
Maryland
Northern Illinois
Illinois
UNI

I'll be honest, UNI scares the S*** out of me. Coming off of the Iowa State game (which I think will be close) and then bookend it with the Wisconsin game the following week really concerns me. UNI always loves to give Iowa their best shot and I think my concern is valid.

So the team that is not expected to finish in the top half of the Big 12 is your 3rd toughest opponent? Gotta love the BIG.

I think UNI will surprise us - a TRAP game

As long as David Johnson isn’t playing I feel fine about this game. Being 630pm kickoff don’t think we will likely see the players come out and play flat that you’d more likely to see if it was a 11am kickoff.

For what it’s worth see UNI preseason #13 in FCS poll. Also SDSU comes in at #5 who play ISU week 1. To no surprise NDSU #1.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT