ADVERTISEMENT

Landslide Loss in the Governor's Race

Look at what Reynolds has done to the Iowa DNR in regards to funding and staffing.

There's your answer. Federal funding won't cover what the current Governor wants to do.
I see some articles doing a basic google search, but many of them are about investment in water infrastructure. I am in favor of investing in our parks, rivers and lakes so long as it does not lead to a deficit. We will see if the income tax cuts leads to enough economic growth to increase revenue. I believe the tax cuts are an investment in economic growth, but I understand why others are skeptical. Thank you for the insight.

I’m not writing a paper for you on things that have been discussed on here for years that you wouldn’t agree with anyway. Partly from ignorance and partly because you seem to like the status quo. Good questions though.
Just your first question, how do you determine performance? It’s a really tough question to answer. It’s also kind of misleading. Most of my other answers to your questions are going to be about wasteful spending. Wasting our tax dollars. I’ve complained about that for years. We can’t have nice things like socialized health care and lower drug prices because greed, we’re lied to, and Republicans believe the BS we can’t afford it.
But every other country can. Just us…the lol greatest and wealthiest country in the world.
I appreciate the response and respect how tiring it must get to put the some information on a forum very few people actually listen to other viewpoints.

One of my biggest reasons for leaving education is my frustration with teacher compensation being tied to years of service rather than performance. I saw no solution. I think we all wish the better teachers would be paid more than the bad teachers (we have all had them).

I also believe both sides are tired of deficits and wasteful spending, but we disagree on what is wasteful spending. We can afford a lot of things, but we have been at massive deficits for my entire lifetime. We have to cut spending. I know economics and taxing our way into a balanced budget will not work.

I don't want adversarial relationships with any posters, so I will keep my thoughts to myself unless others ask for them.

I see some articles doing a basic google search, but many of them are about investment in water infrastructure. I am in favor of investing in our parks, rivers and lakes so long as it does not lead to a deficit. We will see if the income tax cuts leads to enough economic growth to increase revenue. I believe the tax cuts are an investment in economic growth, but I understand why others are skeptical. Thank you for the insight.
My comments on staffing cuts have more to do with inspections at the CAFOs around the State. Inspections that deal with capacities which affect manure mgmt and making sure there is no runoff to area streams and rivers.

By law... each facility is supposed to be inspected on a regular basis, but with the explosion of facilities and less DNR staffers to do the actual on site checks, there simply aren't enough people to do the physical inspections in the proper time frame.

Of course, political donors to Kimberly's reelection campaign like the Iowa Pork Producers/Iowa Beef Council/Iowa Corn Growers/IFB etc don't want their members facing violations penalties for not following Iowa law.

You get the picture... Reynolds is corrupt AF.

My comments on staffing cuts have more to do with inspections at the CAFOs around the State. Inspections that deal with capacities which affect manure mgmt and making sure there is no runoff to area streams and rivers.

By law... each facility is supposed to be inspected on a regular basis, but with the explosion of facilities and less DNR staffers to do the actual on site checks, there simply aren't enough people to do the physical inspections in the proper time frame.

Of course, political donors to Kimberly's reelection campaign like the Iowa Pork Producers/Iowa Beef Council/Iowa Corn Growers/IFB etc don't want their members facing violations penalties for not following Iowa law.

You get the picture... Reynolds is corrupt AF.
This is helpful insight. I appreciate it. I get the picture. I also happen to think most politicians are corrupt. I did like Chet Culver. He got a bad wrap because of the GFC.

This is helpful insight. I appreciate it. I get the picture. I also happen to think most politicians are corrupt. I did like Chet Culver. He got a bad wrap because of the GFC.
Culver was a Gomer.

As bad as the Iowa GOP is, the democrat politicians in this state are so, so mediocre.

I think of the conversations I had with Dave Loebsack on the ICPC editorial board and the guy had the charm of a bowl of oatmeal, the drive of a sloth and zero fresh ideas. I think he was relatively intelligent, but zero charisma or leadership ability. One of many like that in the Iowa Democratic Party.

Race would be more competitive had the Democrats not ran anybody then pledged support behind the Libertarian. Sad state of affairs but true.

Culver was a Gomer.

As bad as the Iowa GOP is, the democrat politicians in this state are so, so mediocre.

I think of the conversations I had with Dave Loebsack on the ICPC editorial board and the guy had the charm of a bowl of oatmeal, the drive of a sloth and zero fresh ideas. I think he was relatively intelligent, but zero charisma or leadership ability. One of many like that in the Iowa Democratic Party.
Very true...for years. I never cared for Tom Harkin either. He came across as a massive phoney.

To be fair, Hubbell only lost by like 5. DeJear is gonna get smacked though.

Iowa is a hard right state now, regardless of the Obama years. Franken is the best senate candidate we’ve had in a decade and he’s still a long shot.
Ya a great candidate. Wants Iowa to be like California and he is a skirt chaser. Perfect politician.

Reactions: so cal hawkfan
Pretty sad a MAGAt who doesn't believe in free elections is such an attractive candidate.
Meh, she's alright. Maybe when she was younger.

Kim_Reynolds_in_Council_Bluffs%2C_Iowa_2020.jpg

Perhaps you should try a different approach. One that doesn't involve making fun of your opponent's previous medical struggle. You guys piss the middle off with these antics.
Politics have never been, being nice, sweet and gentle, that shit just doesn't work. Ya have to go for the jugular.

ADVERTISEMENT