ADVERTISEMENT

LAPD - throwin' it down

....but where's the video translated into Spanish, boyz?

That video is epically embarrassing for the LAPD. The downward spiral of this issue and where this debate currently sits is astonishing. The fact that a police department is offering up legal advice to people who are violating federal law is jaw dropping.

Go back even a few years ago and I expect the two guys making this video would scratch their heads and wonder how the hell they got to this point.

That video is epically embarrassing for the LAPD. The downward spiral of this issue and where this debate currently sits is astonishing. The fact that a police department is offering up legal advice to people who are violating federal law is jaw dropping.

Go back even a few years ago and I expect the two guys making this video would scratch their heads and wonder how the hell they got to this point.

Yeah.....advising people of their legal rights is SO UNAMERICAN!!!:confused:

Reactions: BelemNole
It’s not simple.

We live here. These are our friends and colleagues and neighbors and family members.

We don’t want them hunted down and deported. Those actions and the fear of those actions cause tremendous harm to our communities.

The LAPD shouldn't be doing ICE's job. It's not their jurisdiction and having a population that is fearful of the police, unwilling to report crime, or concerns is a detriment to their job of keeping the peace.

I wonder what laws they will ignore next?

I'm sure any other federal laws they aren't sworn to uphold, since doing so prevents them from upholding the local laws they are sworn to uphold.

My guess is they won't go after anyone for federal tax evasion anytime soon, either.

Reactions: Rudolph
I'm sure any other federal laws they aren't sworn to uphold, since doing so prevents them from upholding the local laws they are sworn to uphold.

My guess is they won't go after anyone for federal tax evasion anytime soon, either.

Pretty sure when officers take their oath they pledge to uphold laws -federal and state

Pretty sure when officers take their oath they pledge to uphold laws -federal and state

No. They are bound to uphold the laws in their jurisdiction.

Again, when's the last time your local PD or sheriff took someone down for federal tax evasion?

For securities fraud?

Reactions: Rudolph
It’s not simple.

We live here. These are our friends and colleagues and neighbors and family members.

We don’t want them hunted down and deported. Those actions and the fear of those actions cause tremendous harm to our communities.

The feds will find them so no worries

Didn't read your own link, did you?

By in large, agencies “stay in their lane” and refer charges and investigations to the “correct” agency. Federal agents and officers hand over local stuff to locals, locals hand off cases to feds.

In Alabama, the following would apply. Unless specifically empowered to do so, a state or local officer is NOT authorized to enforce Federal Law per se.

I love it when MAGAs link shit that totally destroys their own arguments!!!

First, don’t call me a MAGA you ****ing dirt bag. I didn’t vote for that clown and it’s hilarious someone as “enlightened” as you resorts to name calling.

Second, you linked pieces of the article that seem to validate your point.....however, you cherry-picked since both of them specifically cite that municipal officers can uphold federal law- even if it’s not done on a regular basis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT