ADVERTISEMENT

LaPorta

Little birdie who has access to practice says Miamen is an athletic freak but still learning the position. Beyer and LaPorta top two TE's and Sam has a very high ceiling. Also said Schulte was really turning some heads, think this is the walkon from Cedar Rapids.

And Stanley's if we didn't play him for about 3 plays his freshman year.

Wonder if KF and Co. wouldn't have still encouraged Stanley to enter the NFL Draft after last season, given that he had 3 full years of starter film. As a fan, I'm excited to see Petras over the prospects of a 4th year of Stanley who was the Fareway of collegiate QBs: reliable, blue collar, professional and utterly devoid of excitement.

Little birdie who has access to practice says Miamen is an athletic freak but still learning the position. Beyer and LaPorta top two TE's and Sam has a very high ceiling. Also said Schulte was really turning some heads, think this is the walkon from Cedar Rapids.
I always really liked Miamen's film and was wondering if it would translate. Seemed he had been much more a receiving TE before coming in so maybe needs to learn the blocking portion? He seems to be really athletic, so hopefully it's just a matter of learning the position before he really takes off. He wasn't small by any means coming in, but didn't seem to have the B1G ready body that LaPorta did last year.

Reactions: millhawk
If life made sense, that Carnie kid from Nebraska would see this & sign with the Hawks. But in reality, I think he goes to Nebraska just because of where he is from & Frost will do everything he can to keep us from getting a tight end out of his back yard. In a larger sense, I really, do truly hope that high-end tight end prospects in high school will start to see us and realize Iowa is the place to go

If life made sense, that Carnie kid from Nebraska would see this & sign with the Hawks. But in reality, I think he goes to Nebraska just because of where he is from & Frost will do everything he can to keep us from getting a tight end out of his back yard. In a larger sense, I really, do truly hope that high-end tight end prospects in high school will start to see us and realize Iowa is the place to go
Maybe the kid likes to stay home during the holidays, losing records guarantee that?

I always really liked Miamen's film and was wondering if it would translate. Seemed he had been much more a receiving TE before coming in so maybe needs to learn the blocking portion? He seems to be really athletic, so hopefully it's just a matter of learning the position before he really takes off. He wasn't small by any means coming in, but didn't seem to have the B1G ready body that LaPorta did last year.
This would be my guess, believe he's only a RS Freshman? Gotta be a good blocking TE in this offense and if you are TE 1-3 you are going to see the field. Excited to see Lachey and Yelverton as well in the future!

If LaPorta goes off this year I think people will really take notice. The National Media has been all over us as TEU but this is the year it really matters. I think Sam could put up roughly 700-800 yards and 5 TD’s.

My great uncle from Missouri. I would guess most people on a HR discussion of insight of Iowa TE development would assume they're referencing Dallas Clark.
Well say hi to your uncle for me. Just clarifying as to who OP was referencing.
You now the term of assume references?

Reactions: onionman1

Schulte is the son of long-time Xavier Football Coach, Duane Schulte.
Not going to be a surprise, to me, if he earns playing time and BLOWS up.
#gohawks

Reactions: haightt
My great uncle from Missouri. I would assume most people on a HR discussion of insight of Iowa TE development would assume they're referencing Dallas Clark.

Yeah, crazy someone would actually think maybe he's referring to one the two current players also named Dallas...one of whom is probably guarding him in practice every day. What idiots

And Epenesa......and Stone........and Wirfsokayyouknow what......new game......it's called all the Iowa players need to stop going to the NFL early until we win a national championship.

You're welcome. :)
??? Stanley didn’t leave early and probably wouldn’t have due to draft status.

Yeah, crazy someone would actually think maybe he's referring to one the two current players also named Dallas...one of whom is probably guarding him in practice every day. What idiots

I thought it was the Theme Song of Sam LaPorta, written by Dallas Jacobus.

Reactions: SPGroth and CaboKP
Wonder if KF and Co. wouldn't have still encouraged Stanley to enter the NFL Draft after last season, given that he had 3 full years of starter film. As a fan, I'm excited to see Petras over the prospects of a 4th year of Stanley who was the Fareway of collegiate QBs: reliable, blue collar, professional and utterly devoid of excitement.
Plus it is hard to say no to that 7th round signing bonus

Obviously you haven't been to the meat department! ;)

Unless they offer, I bet he goes to Iowa

I guess I am slow today (maybe not just today) but would you please explain the WOB? I don't get it.
It's been a message board joke for a long time. I think it came from the phrase a "wannabee" and then it was shortened to WOB (want of bee). Basically, when someone says "don't pylon" they mean "pile on" but due to autocorrect, etc this can get messed up. In this case, I think saying Stanley was the Fareway of QB's the poster meant something else or I could be wrong as well!

ADVERTISEMENT