ADVERTISEMENT

Last 6 B1G games last year vs this year

OnceAhawk

HB MVP
Jan 29, 2015
Per Scott Dochterman of the Cedar Rapids Gazette:
Last year, over Iowa's last 6 regular season games, Iowa had a 1-5 record; defensively:

82.5 ppg allowed
52.4% FG defense

This year, over Iowa's last 6 regular season games, they had a 6-0 record; defensively:

57.5 ppg allowed
36.1% FG defense

Difference from last year to this year is incredible:

25 fewer ppg allowed
16.3% better in FG Defense

lets hope the old saying that "defense wins championship" is right!

GO HAWKS!!!

https://ct.yimg.com/mr/uploads/940/1664471.MP3

Originally posted by OnceAhawk:

Per Scott Dochterman of the Cedar Rapids Gazette:
Last year, over Iowa's last 6 regular season games, Iowa had a 1-5 record; defensively:

82.5 ppg allowed
52.4% FG defense

This year, over Iowa's last 6 regular season games, they had a 6-0 record; defensively:

57.5 ppg allowed
36.1% FG defense

Difference from last year to this year is incredible:

25 fewer ppg allowed
16.3% better in FG Defense

lets hope the old saying that "defense wins championship" is right!

GO HAWKS!!!
Tbonehawkeye is all over the place!! Why the name change Tbone?

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=8&f=1377&t=13720575

Kenpom ratings, just a little easier this year.

2014 - (6) Wisconsin, @ (48) Minnesota, @ (67) Indiana, (97) Purdue, @ (9) MSU, and (49) Illinois

2015 - (216) Rutgers, @ (132) Nebraska, (53) Illinois, @ (94) PSU, @ (55) Indiana, (110) Northwestern
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by MepoDawg#:

2014 - (6) Wisconsin, @ (48) Minnesota, @ (67) Indiana, (97) Purdue, @ (9) MSU, and (49) Illinois

2015 - (216) Rutgers, @ (132) Nebraska, (53) Illinois, @ (94) PSU, @ (55) Indiana, (110) Northwestern
So what you're saying is that Iowa is incapable of beating a top 50 team if the game happens to be during the last six games of the season? You sure are some glass half empty sort of guy, aren't you!

Originally posted by OC_Hawk:

So what you're saying is that Iowa is incapable of beating a top 50 team if the game happens to be during the last six games of the season? You sure are some glass half empty sort of guy, aren't you!
Won't today's game be the ninth straight for Iowa against teams that won't make the Dance? Or am I dissing one of the opponents?

OC_Hawk, where exactly did I say Iowa is not able to beat a Top 50 team? Iowa didn't get to 12-6 in the B1G by being mediocre.

I realize this is a post about the last 6 games..which is fair...certainly last year the 6 teams we played & where we played them were tougher than his year..

But...I also believe (correct me if im wrong) we had this year the toughest SOS than any other B1G team....dont believe that was the case last year.

Originally posted by Lone Clone:

Won't today's game be the ninth straight for Iowa against teams that won't make the Dance? Or am I dissing one of the opponents?
has the book been officially closed on Illinois and Indiana? seriously don't know, but thought they were both still on the bubble.

Indiana and Illinois are on the bubble. Indy looked like they would be in until they lost to Iowa and then MSU. Illinois has always been a bit of a long shot.

If Illinois and Indiana fail to make the tournament, you would be right. Since Iowa blistered that top 10 RPI team that beat ISU, Iowa has beaten 6 non-tourney teams and two bubble teams.

Iowa's 12-6 B1G resume includes losses to two non-tournament teams. It was really disappointing to lose to both Minnesota and Northwestern. That being written, I'd expect Cyclone fans to be just as disappointed with two Big 12 losses to non-tourney teams - KSU and Texas Tech.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT