ADVERTISEMENT

Last Field Goal of Game

wjr1818

All-Conference
Oct 20, 2020
Sorry if already posted, but did anyone get any clarity on why Iowa called a timeout on our last field goal? It essentially iced ourselves. I believe the announcers said it was because we only had 10 players on the field but I rewinded and counted 11. BF was also freaking out.

It seemed like an odd timeout and that last kick was a little too close for comfort.

I believe someone posted about this earlier, but there was some confusion about the play clock. Our staff thought their should be more time and wanted us to wait to kick it, and for whatever reason they decided to call the timeout.............

• Sad
Reactions: Rambler Hawk
When they stopped the game clock at 31 seconds to review the previous play, the play clock was still at 6. The officials screwed up by bumping the play clock to 25 and winding the game clock. The coaches were on the field trying to get the attention of the kicking unit to wait to snap the ball, then called timeout (not sure why - probably wanted more time off the clock). Iowa should have been kicking with 26 seconds remaining instead of 30.

ADVERTISEMENT