ADVERTISEMENT

Last hawkeye nation podcast

There is a big difference between the spoke and written word. You can tell what robs true feeling are when you listen to him. They even make up scenarios to make things sound worse. The objectivity left within the first 24 hours of this story for him everything since is an attempt to prove their initial hypothesis. Then Howe lectures everyone else on bias. The Andrew downs guy has been just as bad. they can hardly bring themselves to agree with the former black players that raised the issues that Kirk is still the guy to run things. That alone speaks volumes of their objectivity.

I had to turn that one off. In my opinion the people doing a podcast for a Hawkeye Fan website do not sound much like Hawkeye Fans.
I went to HN football forum the other day and it looks like Rob Is the only one posting anymore. It wasn’t a good business move to attack the team you are trying to make money off of through fans. He obviously decided to bite the hand that feeds him.

I want to know if he keeps his credentials for Iowa.
In the near future, yes, if only to keep from looking petty (not that I'd care at this point).

They'll probably find a reason here in a year or two. If he isn't forced to step away after HN dies a slow, painful death.

Pretty ironic that a lot of media guys are gnashing their teeth over Brian when he's the reason a lot of them still have press credentials.

Don't listen. There are plenty of other sources on any topic you want to learn more about.

There is a big difference between the spoke and written word. You can tell what robs true feeling are when you listen to him. They even make up scenarios to make things sound worse. The objectivity left within the first 24 hours of this story for him everything since is an attempt to prove their initial hypothesis. Then Howe lectures everyone else on bias. The Andrew downs guy has been just as bad. they can hardly bring themselves to agree with the former black players that raised the issues that Kirk is still the guy to run things. That alone speaks volumes of their objectivity.
Downs seems like a good guy, I think he posts on here now and then. He's been pretty political the last couple years, but who hasn't. Might explain why he and Howe agree on things, and why everything possibly racial upsets them to the core. Politics are blinding this country into believing we are all unhappy and racist.

Reactions: GolfHacker1
Listening to Howe on the HN podcast is like listening to your grandpa read you a bedtime story.

That site is a graveyard at this point with only Howe posting it seems like. Joe better figure out an exit plan for Rob if he doesn’t want that site to go down in flames.

It's really too bad. Miller spent a lot of time building that site and Howe spent hardly any time destroying it. I remember that picture Howe shared somewhere of his 15 year old son on stage with that Greta girl yelling about global warming. His son had a huge scowl on his face and it's all i can see when I think about Howe and how he's handled this thing. That's not a slight on his kid (you've got to stand for soemthing i guess) and I'm not citing a stance on global warming. I think Howe is genuinely a good guy, but he has let himself go down a road with this situation that is hard to understand. I can handle criticism, especially when it comes from the national echo chamber because they are just looking for clicks, but Howe has an agenda and it's very disappointing. Now he seems to be doubling down.

Reactions: TouchdownMyPants
He's a wannabe crusader.... coming out with his "holier than thou" approach during all this and then turning around and using homophobic language just really showed that he's all about face and doesn't really care for equality.... I'm not clicking or listening to anything that remotely involves Howe

That site is a graveyard at this point with only Howe posting it seems like. Joe better figure out an exit plan for Rob if he doesn’t want that site to go down in flames.

It's a free country (at this point). Folks can choose to listen or not listen, to visit the website or not. Not sure what complaining about it here does, but again it's a free country.

It's not the job of the Iowa media to be flacks for Iowa athletics, which is kind of what all the beat writers for college teams have become to an extent. They have to have access to do their jobs, and if they are critical they are likely to lose access. If you want to see fawning, look at how the Nebraska media covers anything to do with Husker sports.

Re-tweeting players is neither here nor there. It was going to become a big story when James Daniels, Mike Daniels and other successful former Iowa players started tweeting that changes needed to happen, whether or not Howe was "amplifying" their voices by re-tweeting them. And he actually did the best bit of journalism in this whole thing by filing the FOIA request to get the copy of the previous work done by the Diversity Task Force in either 2018 or 2019. It showed that Iowa knew it had a problem when it came to retaining black players. Things were being done, but obviously the root of the problem wasn't being addressed.

Where he fell short is in publishing DJK's story or statement or whatever it was verbatim on his site. Just allowing people to say whatever they want with no verification of whether those things occurred is a dangerous road to go down. In general, fans would be better served if the media covering their college teams were not quasi-fans. These are very highly paid coaches and administrators. It's perfectly fine and acceptable to question what's going on.

He’s the Moron’s Moron and leave it at that. I hope his Press Credentials are revoked and he is forced to relocate to Portland or Seattle so he can hangout with his BLM buddies. He is a Total Tool.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
I went to HN football forum the other day and it looks like Rob Is the only one posting anymore. It wasn’t a good business move to attack the team you are trying to make money off of through fans. He obviously decided to bite the hand that feeds him.
It's a forum. We all know how this ends. He will probably put up with this another week or so. But despite needing all the site hits possible, I think he will have no choice but to ban ..himself. Wait.

It's really too bad. Miller spent a lot of time building that site and Howe spent hardly any time destroying it. I remember that picture Howe shared somewhere of his 15 year old son on stage with that Greta girl yelling about global warming. His son had a huge scowl on his face and it's all i can see when I think about Howe and how he's handled this thing. That's not a slight on his kid (you've got to stand for soemthing i guess) and I'm not citing a stance on global warming. I think Howe is genuinely a good guy, but he has let himself go down a road with this situation that is hard to understand. I can handle criticism, especially when it comes from the national echo chamber because they are just looking for clicks, but Howe has an agenda and it's very disappointing. Now he seems to be doubling down.

This is spot on. I’m a pretty gray guy, both my hair and my stance on most topics, but you can always tell when a reporter has obvious bias and this is getting obvious and painful to watch.

Reactions: ThisHawks4u
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT