ADVERTISEMENT

Last Hawkeye WR to catch a pass in the NFL

DutchyFunStar

HR MVP
Aug 8, 2014
All the draft talk got me thinking, and who was the last Hawkeye WR to catch a regular season NFL pass?

Easly-No
McCarron-No
McNutt-No
CJ Jones- No
Maurice Brown- I don't think so

Tim Dwight caught his last pass in 2007
Kasper caught his last pass in 2003

Am I missing anyone?

Another iffy example. Scott Chandler played at WR his freshman year (2003). He didn't have any receptions that season, but I remember his brother targeting him a couple of times. He moved to TE in 2004.

Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
Been a long dry spell for Hawkeye WRs in the NFL. However, I think we will be correcting that in the not too distant future. Didn't Kasper catch a pass with the Broncos 6-7 years ago?

Last edited:
Doesn’t help you, but Tevaun Smith played 10 snaps for the Colts. No catches.

McCarron caught a punt for zero return yards and played 26 snaps.

But yes, Tim Dwight in 2007 was the last player that finished their college career at Iowa that caught a pass as an NFL wide receiver.

Kind of a bad examples, I know...but Derrick Willies, Dominique Dafney. Both transferred out.
Wow, that is freaking depressing. I was so deflated when Willies left but it was a smart move on his part in hindsight. At least Kirk produced Albert Young and Shonn Greene but that's almost as baffling for a team built on running the ball. If you would have told me when I was in college for the Fry/Ferentz transition that Hayden recruits Kasper and Betts would be the best and second best NFL players at those positions Iowa would produce in the next 20 years I wouldnt have been too excited😆 (did love Ladell) No wonder Iowa is tight end U

Swag! Great to see you. The rumors of your passing were greatly exaggerated.

200.gif

I think you mean @naturaImwa

Nope. Would never confuse you with Natural. It had just been a long time since I had seen you post here.
Did something happen to Natural?

He passed away in November, but like nobody figured it out until 2 weeks ago.

Also, I’m usually more of a reader now a days. I will say something in the lounge and OT board. I’ve also discovered rivals main board. Those cats are brutal.

Reactions: BBHawk
Huh? Especially considering how many QB’s vs how many WR’s see the field in a game there is no comparison. Are you forgetting about Beathard?

No. I am not forgetting Beathard. One back-up QB in 22 years is not that impressive.

All the draft talk got me thinking, and who was the last Hawkeye WR to catch a regular season NFL pass?

Easly-No
McCarron-No
McNutt-No
CJ Jones- No

Am I missing anyone?
dominique dafney

Anyone calling Iowa out for not having a QB in the NFL should look at Alabama under Saban, not a single QB has put up any form of significant numbers in the NFL to this point, now that could change quickly if Tua is ever healthy, or if Jones goes off.

Anyone calling Iowa out for not having a QB in the NFL should look at Alabama under Saban, not a single QB has put up any form of significant numbers in the NFL to this point, now that could change quickly if Tua is ever healthy, or if Jones goes off.

No one under Saban has had a huge career but I believe several of them took snaps in the league.

Tua was the #5 pick in his draft. Chuck Long was a long time ago.

Easly-No
McCarron-No
McNutt-No
CJ Jones- No

Am I missing anyone?

I remember McNutt catching a TD pass in the preseason. I thought he would make the roster. The amazing success at TE pretty much alleviates the failure at WR. But hopefully the trend will change,

Tua was the #5 pick in his draft. Chuck Long was a long time ago.
I mean if you are basing it on 1st round QB draft picks, the entire BIG is pretty well in the shitter. Dewayne Haskins was the first BIG QB drafted since Kerry Collins in 1995.

No Iowa Wide Out under KF has ever caught an NFL reception?
Not that he recruited and stayed in the program, Kasper was a Hayden recruit. Pretty sad but TE production masks it. The lack of nfl caliber rb's is what I find way more troubling considering it's supposed to be the team's identity and how many nfl linemen have been developed in IC. That has been the difference between Iowa and Wisconsin this past decade and why they have owned the series

At least 9 TEs have we had catch a pass since Dwight caught his last pass...I might be missing some undrafted...

1. Clark
2. Chandler
3. Myers
4. Moeaki
5. CJ
6. Kittle
7. Fant
8. Hockenson
9. Krieger-Coble

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT