ADVERTISEMENT

Last San Francisco Denny's closes due to crime, 'tremendous' business costs, report says

NorthernHawkeye

HB Legend
Dec 23, 2007
"We’re the only store left, and we operated until the last day that we could,” Haque said. “The cost of doing business is tremendous. There’s vandalism, and people come and eat and walk away, and there’s no one to stop them.”

Ha! I had a late night Denny’s Grand Slam there the last time I was in SF. I’m likely responsible for it closing considering what I did to the bathroom 3 minutes after finishing it.

Ha! I had a late night Denny’s Grand Slam there the last time I was in SF. I’m likely responsible for it closing considering what I did to the bathroom 3 minutes after finishing it.
giphy.gif

We had a fantastic drive up the PCH to San Francisco a couple summers ago, and had a fun couple days in SF. My brother couldn't believe we would go there as the chances of living through it would be very low and the homeless would be everywhere and we would walk through feces in the streets and we would at least get verbally abused if not physically. Somehow we did survive it, we didn't see any feces, nobody accosted us, and in fact everyone we interacted with was pleasant. And upon exiting the parking garage near Fisherman's Wharf, it wouldn't read my ticket to pay and exit, so the attendant came walking up from an office and asked where we were from and he punched in some buttons and got the arm to lift and I said I could pay what we owed and he said "it's on the city of SF, enjoy your stay and come back and see us again." Now my brother doesn't believe me and said he has talked to many people that got attacked by homeless and that it is horrible there and would never go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torg
The last Denny’s I ate in was north of St. Louis on 218. They still allowed smoking and the place was filled with lard asses wearing Cardinals shirts with the sleeves cut off. I suppose if that one has closed it’s because Missouri is too woke?

I live in the Bay Area and I can confirm that there are no restaurants at all anymore. Thanks for helping reveal this OP
Torg, I’m in the East Bay on the Berkeley/Albany border. Moved recently from Walnut Creek. Still getting used to the daily marine layer, lol.

That’s wild, we’re literally 10 minutes away, small world.
Cedar Rapids, U of I graduate, wife wanted the f out of Iowa, lol.
I started at Iowa in 1968 and went 2 1/2 years and decided to go to California. Never regretted it.

Do you ever go to Ashkenaz or The Freight and Salvage?

Reactions: HawkNester
I started at Iowa in 1968 and went 2 1/2 years and decided to go to California. Never regretted it.

No, we haven’t been to those venues. We’ve done some shows at the Greek, which is absolutely stunning.
That’s why I can’t these threads bashing it out here. They really have no f’ing clue. The quality of life is infinitely better, and I mean by a lot.

• Love
Reactions: Torg
No, we haven’t been to those venues. We’ve done some shows at the Greek, which is absolutely stunning.

LOL, look at you two Lyin’ Libs!! The Bay Area is dead. It’s a Hellscape of crime and shuttered restaurants

I have lived in many places in the USA that have been very close to I-80.

So I am in the homeless encampment near I-580, are you in the one under I-80?

• Haha
Reactions: Scott559 and pjhawk
When I was in college at UNI from '88 to '92, my gf (no pics) worked there, the one on University by the mall. I absolutely wore that place out!

Just like how I wore out your GF when I was at UNI from 95 to 99. OK, not really, but you could imagine though!

Village Inn skillets were and are still the bomb for a hungover AM meal!

Reactions: jasonrann
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT