ADVERTISEMENT

Lawmaker caught on camera as an envelope with cocaine in it falls out of his pocket at the airport

The Tradition

HB King
Apr 23, 2002
Oopsie daisy!

A Texas state lawmaker fessed up to dropping an envelope of cocaine at an Austin airport in an episode that authorities said was caught on camera.

“I do not have anyone to blame but myself,” Democratic state Rep. Poncho Nevárez told the Texas Tribune on Thursday.

Nevárez, who announced last month he wouldn’t seek reelection, dropped an envelope with his official seal Sept. 6 at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport as he climbed into a vehicle, according to an affidavit filed by state police.

It was found by airport workers, who discovered it contained baggies of white powder determined to be cocaine, authorities said.

Security cameras captured the envelope fall from Nevárez’s person as he climbed into a vehicle, police said.

State authorities filed an affidavit Oct. 29 to obtain a DNA sample from Nevarez in attempt to match saliva found on the envelope.

Nevárez, who is from Eagle Pass, hasn’t been charged in the incident, but the affidavit notes that he’s suspected of felony drug possession.

The prominent state lawmaker said “grief and addiction” were consuming him and he will seek drug treatment.

“I accept this because it is true and it will help me get better,” Nevarez told the newspaper.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/14/texas...mits-to-dropping-envelope-of-coke-at-airport/

Oopsie daisy!

A Texas state lawmaker fessed up to dropping an envelope of cocaine at an Austin airport in an episode that authorities said was caught on camera.

“I do not have anyone to blame but myself,” Democratic state Rep. Poncho Nevárez told the Texas Tribune on Thursday.

Nevárez, who announced last month he wouldn’t seek reelection, dropped an envelope with his official seal Sept. 6 at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport as he climbed into a vehicle, according to an affidavit filed by state police.

It was found by airport workers, who discovered it contained baggies of white powder determined to be cocaine, authorities said.

Security cameras captured the envelope fall from Nevárez’s person as he climbed into a vehicle, police said.

State authorities filed an affidavit Oct. 29 to obtain a DNA sample from Nevarez in attempt to match saliva found on the envelope.

Nevárez, who is from Eagle Pass, hasn’t been charged in the incident, but the affidavit notes that he’s suspected of felony drug possession.

The prominent state lawmaker said “grief and addiction” were consuming him and he will seek drug treatment.

“I accept this because it is true and it will help me get better,” Nevarez told the newspaper.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/14/texas...mits-to-dropping-envelope-of-coke-at-airport/

I'll bet it was good shit.

WealthyFewHare-size_restricted.gif

For some reason I immediately thought it would be Matt Gaetz.

Look at that - someone got caught and admitted it instead of denying it and blaming the press. I didn’t know that still happened. Usually they just run for re-election and win.

The envelope had his official seal on it. Might as well had his name and address...

These ladies we're glad he was still working when they went to the dental hygienist conference at Barton Creek last spring:

Video_1-1.gif

Look at that - someone got caught and admitted it instead of denying it and blaming the press. I didn’t know that still happened. Usually they just run for re-election and win.
It fell out of his pocket on video, he had no choice. Admitting it is actually the smart move in this case. Less time in the news cycle, as most people will report this and move on. Deny it and you'll find yourself in the news a lot more. I also love his move of blaming guilt and addiction for the problem and checking into rehab. That will get some sympathy. Had a friend pull a move just like this with his company a few years back. Worked out really well for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT