ADVERTISEMENT

Lawsuit aims to stop Biden’s student loan forgiveness plan

F‘ the GQP.
200.gif

Republicans just trying to block this so they can give more to the freaking farmers.

Grassley can claim he lobbied for it.
Man you really hate farmers. Did a farm kid steal your GF in high school or something?

Good job - maybe this block will extend the zero interest period and they can find a policy that is actually useful and not a bandaid for one small group of borrowers.

Describe what a ‘farmer bailout’ is please.

Reactions: MitchLL and HawkMD
Describe what a ‘farmer bailout’ is please.
I can only speak to my family members who farm, but they despise any unemployment or food stamps or welfare programs, but they get huge checks to not plant crops and talk about all the family farms that would go under if federal farm subsidies ever stop. They also buy new campers (kids show cows) and new huge dualy pickups and. Farm equipment at the end of the year to ensure they pay no taxes.

Man you really hate farmers. Did a farm kid steal your GF in high school or something?
I was born and raised on a farm..

I know first hand how much they suck on the govt teat.

Welfare Queens. All the write offs, fuel breaks, etc. All perfectly legal.

And Iowa farmers just love hiring all those immigrants, legal and illegal, to work at the CAFOs and large dairy operations.

Last edited:
Well at least you admits you know absolutely nothing about farm subsidies.

Good job - maybe this block will extend the zero interest period and they can find a policy that is actually useful and not a bandaid for one small group of borrowers.
A house is on fire.

Most people: let's use that bucket of water to help while we wait for the fire department

Notlonago: better wait to everyone arrives before we do ANYTHING

I’m surprised you haven’t brought up new pickups yet.
Gotta have something to pull those 5th wheel campers to Arizona with...

Amirite?

Wanna guess what's coming next? Farmers gonna want more subsidies because the river levels are falling and shippers can't transport by barges. Grain prices could be effected.

I can continue to embarrass you all weekend, if you wish, answering your uninformed posts.

Your call.

Last edited:
A house is on fire.

Most people: let's use that bucket of water to help while we wait for the fire department

Notlonago: better wait to everyone arrives before we do ANYTHING

Repayments have been paused and not accruing interest for years, the house is not on fire

I know that politicians come to Iowa every four years to pander to corn farmers for their vote by promising to not stop the gravy train.
That seems to be changing a little as Iowa is becoming a Deep Red State.

Or as we locals call it...Mississippi North.

I really hope Iowa loses that "first in the nation" caucus crap because we no longer represent anything close to any bellwether status.

Last edited:
I'll take signs you miss the point for $200 alex

The only point is that the impetus to get this resolved immediately is to buy votes for the midterms without identifying or remediating the root cause of the issues. Repayment and interest pause extensions can continue until the cause is fixed

Have you ever left Florida? Ever set foot on a farm? Are you still in college or is it HS?
Was born in a completely different state. Parents live in a farm town in the Midwest. Know many who take those sweet subsidies. Got my masters many years ago. No pell grant here. Enjoy those sweet handouts I provide via my federal taxes.

Reactions: ericram
Was born in a completely different state. Parents live in a farm town in the Midwest. Know many who take those sweet subsidies. Got my masters many years ago. No pell grant here. Enjoy those sweet handouts I provide via my federal taxes.
What handouts? Wtf are you attempting to talk about?

At this point, he's probably looking for a graceful exit from this conversation that doesn't exist for him.

Farmers have had their hands extended to the govt for my entire lifetime.

He knows it, too. He's either in an ag related industry or has relatives that farm.
You don’t understand the purpose and economics of why subsidies exist, yet you think I want out of your ignorant bitch-fest? I’ll stick around for the entertainment.

You should have stayed on the farm Mitch. It’s an easy gig with zero financial risk, it’s a very safe job, fantastic pay, great benefits, sweet 401k, the government hands out piles of cash for absolutely no reason. And best of all, your non-farming friends will be super envious of all the new pickups you get every 2 years.

Why did you ever leave?

ADVERTISEMENT