ADVERTISEMENT

LB 2Deep Situation is somewhat Convoluted and still being sorted out.

Harbinger273

HR Heisman
Feb 17, 2016

We have know for some time now that there is a group of % players in the Mix for the top LB group. Turns out Nic Niemann is highly versatile, which is not unexpected and his position depends on another competition. However it shakes out I'm confident we'll have a solid group. Depth is also a positive with a couple guys so closely competing for jobs.

Reactions: ichawk24
I am extremely excited for Jones at MLB. Hopefully it's not all hot air coming from Hawk fans/media, but all accounts have him looking the part both in stature and play. I think he's going to be special for us and if he performs will be a big reason the D doesn't drop off this season.

My overall take is Amani is more than capable defending the run but needs to work on his pass coverage.

I think he will be a welcome reminder of the kind of play we had from another LB #52 in the past. We need that kind of guy back there. Somebody who can take games over and cause personnel issues the way Hodge did in the Cap One Bowl. He will be great!

Reactions: Wadzinator
I am impressed Colbert is pushing so hard for a starting spot. I expected big things out of Welch. I don't know if he hasn't shown that or if Colbert and Wade have just been that good. I hope the latter. Having 5 guys who could start has to be a good thing. Then there is Hockaday with a lot of experience and Doyle who looks pretty impressive for a tru frosh. This group might take some time to gel but I think they are going to be really good.

Seth Wallace alluded that they were working on it with Amani and it was something that he (Amani) needed to get better at.......understanding pass coverage better.

Reactions: Harbinger273
Seth Wallace alluded that they were working on it with Amani and it was something that he (Amani) needed to get better at.......understanding pass coverage better.
Jewell was pretty good with pass defense iirc. I suppose he was even above average so I'm thinking that some drop off is expected. I hope Jones is serviceable enough in the pass coverage dept. to limit opposing offenses.

ADVERTISEMENT