ADVERTISEMENT

Leading Cause Of Death For Cops For 3rd Year: Drumroll please....

But it's not.
Yes, it is. What's more common - for a random person to attend a wedding, funeral, birthday party, go to a coffee shop, go to the mall, go to a business meeting OR go to NBA game?
Don't bother replying, it's rhetorical. Everyone knows the answer. One is a luxury behavior one is a daily behavior. One side is normal one is a rarity. One side is a barometer for normal behavior, one is not. You have no ground to stand on.

Yes, it is. What's more common - for a random person to attend a wedding, funeral, birthday party, go to a coffee shop, go to the mall, go to a business meeting
MOST businesses were running remote that winter.

Many still do.

Almost NO major conferences for any industry held any in-person meetings.

So, no. Things were not remotely "normal".

MOST businesses were running remote that winter.

Many still do.

Almost NO major conferences for any industry held any in-person meetings.

So, no. Things were not remotely "normal".
What's more common - for a random person to attend a wedding, funeral, birthday party, go to a coffee shop, go to the mall, go to a business meeting OR go to NBA game?

It's certainly the HIGHEST RISK for them in 2022.

When, in the past, have MOST of the officer deaths been from influenza? Or any other infectious disease? Go find that data and post back.

Why argue? They're dug in with dumb. No amount of data and facts can dissuade them. They will find sources with the internet with data to refute. A million people died within months, validated by scenes we observed on news programs nightly they didn't because the source they watch refused to acknowledge the crisis and didn't provide coverage.

The NIH and CDC has a long history of battling health crisis. Please Fox New's credentials.

You can't post any data to support your point, can you?

BAU
We actually can - roughly 105M people visit malls every year
NBA game attendance is less than 21M per year

Now, again, which would be more common- to attend an NBA game, or go to a mall? Even by Q4 of 2020 when mall traffic was still recovering from forced shut downs, there was 68% more mall traffic than the most attended NBA season.
But yea, keep telling us how NBA attendance is a barometer of normality :rolleyes:

Reactions: Pinehawk
We actually can - roughly 105M people visit malls every year
NBA game attendance is less than 21M per year

Now, again, which would be more common- to attend an NBA game, or go to a mall? Even by Q4 of 2020 when mall traffic was still recovering from forced shut downs, there was 68% more mall traffic than the most attended NBA season.
But yea, keep telling us how NBA attendance is a barometer of normality :rolleyes:
This has nothing to do with your claim. You haven't posted anything to support it.

• Haha
This has nothing to do with your claim. You haven't posted anything to support it.
It has everything to do with my position. Shopping is an infinetly better barometer of normality than your NBA attendance. And it also shows that behavior was happening 2+ years ago despite your refusal to accept that. It shows you're wrong on everything you've said so far.

Exactly - people did normal things during the pandemic

No one claimed otherwise. But behavior overall was far from "normal" during the time period you've cited. SOME people behaved normally; on balance MOST did not - and nearly ALL did not during that winter when 4000 people a day were dying and hospitals were full.

• Haha
@Joes Place The discussion is over - you have acknowldged and agreed people engaged in normal behaviors two years. A bit ridiculous it took you until post #291, but you did get there. Congrats.

Youve been presented data and examples - and by your own admission, agreed with my points.
So if you want to sit alone in you sandbox, invent narratives, get mad about them, then argue with yourself about your inventred narratives, you go right on ahead and do that.

@Joes Place post #286. Data simultaneously shattering your "NBA attendance is a barometer of normality" narrative as well as showing a very normal behavior participated in by tens of millions right smack dab in the middle of the time period when you erroneously claimed such behaviors didn't happen.
You can keep lying and trying to get the last word now if you'd like. Maybe I'll get bored and let you. Maybe not. Maybe I'll just start reminding everyone here that you tried rationalizing and defended texting while driving. Who knows - give it a shot and we'll see.

@Joes Place post #286. Data simultaneously shattering your "NBA attendance is a barometer of normality"
Also posted DATA from other industries (e.g. hotels - which will correlate with things like "weddings").

Again, you're entitled to your own opinions; you are not entitled to "make up fake facts".

Also posted DATA from other industries (e.g. hotels - which will correlate with things like "weddings").

Again, you're entitled to your own opinions; you are not entitled to "make up fake facts".
Never once did I mention hospitality did I? Nope, just another narrative you threw in to argue with yourself about.

Let's play this game again just to reiterate how baseless your position is: 2 years ago people participated in normal behaviors such as shopping, meetings, parties, etc didn't they?

Which is a MAIN INDICATOR of "normal" activity.

It's literally why you won't mention it!!!!
No its not. Its behaviors that ive been repeating for weeks now. Behaviors that arent as susceptible to overreaching government policies - shopping, meetings, parties, etc. youve seen them all by this point, and youve actually agreed with them several times now, but since you have selective dementia, ill ask again; Let's play this game again just to reiterate how baseless your position is: 2 years ago people participated in normal behaviors such as shopping, meetings, parties, etc didn't they?

No its not. Its behaviors that ive been repeating for weeks now. Behaviors that arent as susceptible to overreaching government policies - shopping, meetings, parties, etc.
People went "shopping"

They did not hold nearly as many "parties" or "weddings" or other community events. I've posted data for you from the hotels/hospitality industry that shows this. You continue to claim that because "most people went shopping" or "jenny still have a birthday party", things were normal. Most meetings (national conventions, etc) were also cancelled - I have a colleague who makes/rents the booth tools for those - and he was out of business this entire timeframe. Many, if not most, companies, operated on Zoom, remotely, inclusive of the ones I work with. Dozens of my colleagues working for large companies, likewise did MOST of their work remotely.

Things were not normal, as much as you want to claim differently.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT