ADVERTISEMENT

Lee Matches

Thx for sharing.

Btw, on ESPN, they had the "behind the mat" or something like that broadcast. It had separate commentary with different commentators and in that video during the Lee match, they also showed the corner cam, so you could watch Terry in the corner during the match.

Really fun/fascinating to watch. Love his intensity. It's also really funny to watch Terry talking to Berhow in the corner.

In case anyone missed Terry jumping for joy in the semis.

Article:

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...-title-run-terry-brands-tom-brands/435625002/

again- i don't know if the media guys like Leistikow, Goodwin, Pilcher, etc are ever in here, but I think they do a lot of great work covering the sport. Of course I know Todd Conner is in here, and he does a great job too!
Soooo glad someone got the whole thing on video......classic Terry. Who loves their guys more than TnT? No one, that's who.

In case anyone missed Terry jumping for joy in the semis.

Article:

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...-title-run-terry-brands-tom-brands/435625002/

again- i don't know if the media guys like Leistikow, Goodwin, Pilcher, etc are ever in here, but I think they do a lot of great work covering the sport. Of course I know Todd Conner is in here, and he does a great job too!

Btw...Pilcher said he was stepping away from covering wrestling for awhile. If you are on Twitter, give KJ a shoutout. Coming from an area of the US that does not cover the sport to one that has five or six very good options had been great. Thanks KJ!

I was just thinking to myself that I needed to find a link to all of these to watch later as I pulled up the Piccininni, Tomasello and Suriano matches last night. And bookmarked. Good on ya, @Azchief32!

Reactions: IAChief32
Thank you Chief!!!! I was just getting ready to search through the session threads to find all of the mat assignments for these.

Last edited:
Thanks Chief. I been wundrin if I would ever see one let alone all.
I patiently wait for next season. I have a gut feeling Spencer has the traits very few people have.
Time will tell, I will bet my gut though.

Thanks Chief great to have Lee is some one really special
Lets hope we can get him some more help in the future.

I don’t know how he does it but being able to pull guys back in while both are down and almost out of bounds is pretty ridiculous.
Had exactly the same thought. He's obviously freakishly talented, but his mat IQ is off the charts. Piccininni was all but out of bounds, yet Spencer still manages to redirect him, turn him, and stick him, with bout 90% of their bodies outside the circle. And as pablow notes, very similar work on the edge against Welch. It's unreal.

Had exactly the same thought. He's obviously freakishly talented, but his mat IQ is off the charts. Piccininni was all but out of bounds, yet Spencer still manages to redirect him, turn him, and stick him, with bout 90% of their bodies outside the circle. And as pablow notes, very similar work on the edge against Welch. It's unreal.
Spencer needs to kick it up a notch. My challenge to him is to pin his opponent while Spencer is completely out of bounds, yet manipulating his opponent to keep some semblance of his opponent’s body within the circle. Now that’s control.

This reminds me of the Larry Bird / Michael Jordan commercials (I know, I’m really dating myself) where they played one another in HORSE and challenged each other with impossibly ridiculous shots.

That Spencer Lee is a pretty good wrestler. Outstanding Wrestler? Apparently not according to the coaches. o_O

Life got you down? Open up this thread and you'll feel right as rain.

Vs Allen

Vs Welch

Vs Picc

Vs NATO

Vs Suriano

Thanks Chief I was scrambling between Indian wells and my wifes national tennis champions finals and the Hawks. Everytime I got home Mr Lee was done. That was great tape. Now we have to give Mr Lee some help. Iowa always needs a '33 and '41pder let's get a couple.

Thanks Chief I was scrambling between Indian wells and my wifes national tennis champions finals and the Hawks. Everytime I got home Mr Lee was done. That was great tape. Now we have to give Mr Lee some help. Iowa always needs a '33 and '41pder let's get a couple.

Sometimes, the wife can outrank even Spencer and the Hawks. I hear you on the 33 but I think we will be fine at 41 and 84.
Folks at Carver are going to be early to their seats next year for fear of missing Spencer too.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Saw a couple of posts that said Bresser would be a nemesis. Lee would tech or stick Bresser now. Lol
Kids learning curve is unbelievable.

Reactions: Dagboi and Grip220
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT