ADVERTISEMENT

Lee Matches

Had exactly the same thought. He's obviously freakishly talented, but his mat IQ is off the charts. Piccininni was all but out of bounds, yet Spencer still manages to redirect him, turn him, and stick him, with bout 90% of their bodies outside the circle. And as pablow notes, very similar work on the edge against Welch. It's unreal.
Same thing with first take down of mater in semis. Looked like an nfl wide receiver keeping both feet in bounds.

His ability to turn guys on the edge is the best I’ve seen

Possibly the worst rule in wrestling -- still exists in HS, I think -- is to not allow pack points or falls if the shoulders are OB. I cannot fathom what was going through people's heads when they wrote the rule that way, and I'm amazed how long it took to fix; and that it still exists at any level.

Simply absurd.

I know it's been discussed a thousand times but the 1 point push out solves the problem of the edge wrestling. I know some disagree on implementing it but I would be all for it. jmo

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
What happened to the videos???

"Spencer Lee vs Nick Piccini..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by FloWrestling.

Really FLO???????

Possibly the worst rule in wrestling -- still exists in HS, I think -- is to not allow pack points or falls if the shoulders are OB. I cannot fathom what was going through people's heads when they wrote the rule that way, and I'm amazed how long it took to fix; and that it still exists at any level.

Simply absurd.

That rule cost me a match at state one year. I would have majored or pinned the guy if it were college rules.

Simply absurd.

A near-fall or fall shall be earned while the supporting points of either wrestler are in-bounds. (5-15-2c)

How would they have the rights to it? ESPN would have the rights to show it online.
I believe FLO was in charge of the mat-side cameras through the quarterfinals, or some such shit that makes the Lee-Picc match a pain in the ass to watch now

Reactions: IAChief32
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT