ADVERTISEMENT

Lee vs RBY

texas twister

HR Heisman
Jan 14, 2005
I have seen some poster suggest such a match take place and now I see RBY talking about a possible match-up. I am not suggesting one way or the other; however, seeing ADS go toe to toe with RBY, how did Lee do against ADS in the room?

Most likely lee would weigh about 130 and RBY about 140. PSU would try to move this match to the final bout

Strategically it's a terrible move. You'd have a -12 point swing at 125 and given the weight difference, and talent of RBY, you'd be going for a DEC from Lee at 133.

Add to that Lee, while looking much better, is still recovering from double ACL surgery and would be giving up considerable size and strength. Oh and RBY has twisted a knee or 2 in his day

This ain't fantasy wrestling. Dumb on every front.

Last edited:
Strategically it's a terrible move. You'd have a -12 point swing at 125 and given the weight difference, and talent of RBY, you'd be going for a DEC from Lee at 133.

Add to that Lee, while looking much better, is still recovering from double ACL surgery and would be giving up considerable size and strength. Oh and RBY has twisted a knee or 2 in his day

This ain't fantasy wrestling. Dumb on every front.
This was my first thought as well when the discussion came up. The way RBY wrestles and torques on his opponent's knees, it would make no sense to risk Spencer's goals and future.

If RBY wants the smoke, he can get it at 57kg.

IF RBY were to beat Lee, and that's a big IF, he would get the Hodge. He would have to.

Screw that. Lee needs to be a 3x winner.

I just don't like anything about it.

Not happening anytime soon, but if it did the only thing that would extend the match for RBY is the 8 extra pounds. All things equal Lee finishes it pretty quick. Too strong.

PSU fans don’t give two poops about this. This is a bizarre Lee vs Tornado fantasy that started on this board months ago.

With NIL they could do this as an off-season PPV. Doesn’t make sense otherwise.
Yeah, I don’t care if they ever meet on the mat. To me Lee is 125, RBY is 133. Lee wants the Olympics , RBY seems to want to go MMA.

I have seen some poster suggest such a match take place and now I see RBY talking about a possible match-up. I am not suggesting one way or the other; however, seeing ADS go toe to toe with RBY, how did Lee do against ADS in the room?
Match would never happen during season.

For fantasy match sake - Lee’s neutral scoring ability is much more diverse. Love desanto but not close. If they met in the middle 128.5.

Lee gets the edge in neutral.
Rby not a big turner - giving Lee the escape.
While Lee can likely turn him I give rby the escape.

Spencer 3-1 easy. Maybe even some backs. Also I don’t think Spencer is in this type of shape yet. March Spencer runs through rby. Only chance rby would have is neutral scoring in the 3rd on a tired Spencer.

Narrative psu fans have been pushing. When Spencer doesn’t move up they’ll proceed to say he’s scared or some nonsense on here
Your spot on with them pushing a narrative only for it not to happen but their intentions are much more pure. They care deeply about their 125 pounder. Poor kid will be sent to slaughter in front of friends and family….

PSU fans don’t give two poops about this. This is a bizarre Lee vs Tornado fantasy that started on this board months ago.

With NIL they could do this as an off-season PPV. Doesn’t make sense otherwise.
Lee has a win over RBY does he not?

Lee doesn't need to wrestle Mr. "Under Arrest"-ling style.........

Narrative psu fans have been pushing. When Spencer doesn’t move up they’ll proceed to say he’s scared or some nonsense on here
It is only a narrative because no one really thinks it will happen and a dumb move by both of it does. Easy to shoot off at the mouth about something that will never materialize.

This was my first thought as well when the discussion came up. The way RBY wrestles and torques on his opponent's knees, it would make no sense to risk Spencer's goals and future.

If RBY wants the smoke, he can get it at 57kg.
This
RBY likes post the opponents knee then twist the foot outward creating an abduct movement on the knee. He did it to DeSanto and it creates ACL tears.

Well as long as we're wishing why doesn't PS 190 lb move up to Hwy and show how great he is skipping a weight?
I know, stupid question....

Since when does the bigger draw have to chase? It should be the other way around. Spencer has more titles and 2 Hodges to none. Should’ve had him descend the whole time if he wanted the best wrestler in college. But shockingly, he didn’t. Shame. See ya at 57kg if you really want it. I remember an interview with rby and Vincenzo Joseph where rby cut cenzo off because he predicted that this match would be like 11-8 in his mind. Wonder why he cut him off? I think it was the only bushlightmania podcast I watched but even rby knew who he was going to say would win. Funny.

When you break it down this conversation is really stupid, The only way it happens is RBY goes down. I believe it's been said ,but why are we not talking about RBY going up to 141 to wrestle Woods?

RBY has already stated he was around 140 when he wrestled fix in their last finals, so his natural in season weight is right there. This would be a better match, RBY would get humbled if he went 57kg!

Reactions: bluroptimo
I’m guessing RBY’s mma career will be as a 125 lber as he would be incredibly small for a pro 135 lber; I think he should drop to 125 for a post season ppv against Lee.

Reactions: GunFingers
Please do tell us whose ACLs RBY has torn.
No one I know of. I am saying this type of movement creates them. I slept at a Holiday Inn last night.
I hope officials are watching for it because it is potentially dangerous, no matter who is doing it.

Reactions: chuck285
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT