ADVERTISEMENT

Legalizing Fireworks in Iowa has been a complete cluster

JRHawk2003

HR King
Jul 9, 2003
Wanted by no one except by juveniles and juvenile mindsets...Now we have a sheet show of course. Most of the cities are going to ban them anyway. The complaints against them already are piling up.

Typical legislature....ram something through for narrow interest at the end of the session.

China is probably very happy with Terry Branstad. Another sell out to another Trump creditor.

Reactions: ghost80
Id be fine with with...so when some kid blows of part of his face...its all on the Iowa Legislature

Woke up to em at 7:00 AM. This in SW Iowa, a town 6 miles from MO boarder. Rednecks will redneck, but you would think this nothing new to them.

I will chalk it up to 13 year old boy thinking he invented masturbation. Or 19 year old thinking they discovered drinking and partying.

Reactions: DropKickSkeelo
Look who passed it..and look who signed it into law. It was the brainchild of someone from Dallas County. And it was done without any consultation with Iowa cities or their governments. A complete cluster from the get-go.
As well thought out as a Friday night kegger by a bunch of high schoolers.
It's awful

Just got back from Red White and Boom and we had people lighting off Roman candles and bottle rockets near us. When one landed a foot behind me chair and I yelled "if one comes near me or my kids someone is buying us all kettle corn!"

Bastards.

Geeeez Q, get a consent to carry and kill 'm.

I can see both sides of this. On one hand there are a bunch of dipshits lighting these off. There are also responsible people putting on some nice small shows. My family flew into LAX on the 4th two years ago and from the approach it looked we were flying into Iraq during the Shock and Awe campaign. I'm sure its been legal there for some time so they are probably used to it. I'm the ultimate fence sitter in this one. In short, I really have nothing to add.

I can see both sides of this. On one hand there are a bunch of dipshits lighting these off. There are also responsible people putting on some nice small shows. My family flew into LAX on the 4th two years ago and from the approach it looked we were flying into Iraq during the Shock and Awe campaign. I'm sure its been legal there for some time so they are probably used to it. I'm the ultimate fence sitter in this one. In short, I really have nothing to add.
TFW read whole post for "I have nothing to add"

Sounds like for those who like fireworks the law has been a major success. Iowa may as well get the tax money since people will just cross borders to get them anyway.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Seems a fair trade off (per the rebel flag thread): Iowa will fight for your right to buy and sell firecrackers...........but not slaves.

Wanted by no one except by juveniles and juvenile mindsets...Now we have a sheet show of course. Most of the cities are going to ban them anyway. The complaints against them already are piling up.

Typical legislature....ram something through for narrow interest at the end of the session.

Why do you hate freedom?

That was what I was thinking -- is there something unique about Iowans that make them incapable of handling a little freedom?
Right now, Iowa is the kid with the new toy on Christmas morning. Play, play, play. You'll fing that same toy at the bottom of his closet, a month later, collecting dust.

Reactions: Fan In Black
I compare this to the smoking ban. When it went into effect there were bitchers and whiners. Eventually they realizes their efforts were futile.

Reactions: hawkcub
Yeah individual cities shouldn't have been allowed to write their own ordinances on it.
I thought "local control" is something all you cons believe in? The more "local" the better. Shouldn't a town or city be able to regulate itself? If you oppose...vote them out of office. That is the American way.
Why should my 4th be upset by needless noise because some yahoo thinks he needs to celebrate the nation's birthday with explosions?

I don't care one way or another. I don't buy them but if you want to they don't bother me.

Just interesting that no one seems to be looking into how Brandstad pushed this through as he's being named the ambassador to China. No doubt he received a big check. Guy is absolute slime

Reactions: MitchL and ghost80
I don't care one way or another. I don't buy them but if you want to they don't bother me.

Just interesting that no one seems to be looking into how Brandstad pushed this through as he's being named the ambassador to China. No doubt he received a big check. Guy is absolute slime

You think China gives two shits about a state of 3M legalizing fireworks?

I thought "local control" is something all you cons believe in? The more "local" the better. Shouldn't a town or city be able to regulate itself? If you oppose...vote them out of office. That is the American way.
Why should my 4th be upset by needless noise because some yahoo thinks he needs to celebrate the nation's birthday with explosions?
The hatred of the nanny state is even greater. Oops I need to stay off your lawn. Quit shaking your fist in the air at me.

The hatred of the nanny state is even greater. Oops I need to stay off your lawn. Quit shaking your fist in the air at me.

So you should have the right to fulfill your juvenile ways and be a general nuisance to everyone else. Got it.

Nuisances are very subjective in nature. Just because you're offended, doesn't make you right.

And our town...and a lot of others in Iowa are still going to ban them by a near unanimous vote in city council. In fact, I would expect many will have new ordinances in the coming months. Most people didn't want this. This has nothing to do with freedom and a lot to do with bringing sales tax revenue back from Mizzurah and Wiscy...

It is good manners not to trespass on others property....or trespass on the rights. "Peace and quiet" might? be included. Some good judgement needs to be exercised here.
My parents taught me to respect others property rights and not to enter unless invited.

Freaking pansies in this thread. We've had fireworks in South Dakota forever and have been fine. Also, Sioux City has always had fireworks since the city is right on the border and law enforcement does nothing.

Some of you need to get a grip.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT