ADVERTISEMENT

Legendary anchorman Bruce Aune announces his retirement.

For those outside of the Eastern Iowa area, Bruce Aune is the closest thing to Will Ferrell’s Anchorman I have ever seen and he’s been around since that era (He has been at KCRG as long as I remember). He’s tall, formerly always mustachioed, and rumors of his various female conquests are legendary around the city.

Bruce is a good dude. He used to frequent Moose McDuffy’s back in the day. When he was in house, it became Bruce McDuffy’s. And I’ll tell you what, women love that guy.

Reactions: mstp1992 and RTM58
For those outside of the Eastern Iowa area, Bruce Aune is the closest thing to Will Ferrell’s Anchorman I have ever seen and he’s been around since that era (He has been at KCRG as long as I remember). He’s tall, formerly always mustachioed, and rumors of his various female conquests are legendary around the city.

I agree with everything minus the tall part. Bruce is not tall at all lol

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
I agree with everything minus the tall part. Bruce is not tall at all lol

What? I thought he was at least 6’3”?

Also, forgot to mention that he’s been an anchorman in two movies: In the Best Interest of the Children starring Sarah Jessica Parker, and one of the best modern horror films The Crazies starring Tim Olyphant.

Good for him. Definitely going to be odd watching KCRG without him. It is his turn as Denny Frary, John Campbell, & Dave Franzman are all enjoying retirement. I was 11 yrs old when he started.
Funny, I just talked with John Campbell this morning about Aune's retirement. I asked him how his own retirement is going and he said he's still trying to retire from KCRG (said with a smile though).

I know Dave Franzman from the church my in-laws had attended. Kind of a "what you see is what you get type of guy;" not a ton above the shoulders, but liked his job and did it well. Can't sing worth a darn, though.

I played in a charity golf tournament years ago Denny Frary and Tom Davis hosted. Denny Frary is like a stand-up comic once he gets going. Very funny guy.

Is Renee Chou going to give him a send off?

I was gonna say. That story was well known.

J_UgDmxN_400x400.jpg

Seems she is in North Carolina now.

https://www.wral.com/rs/bio/1013088/

Reactions: Chuck C
Funny how he shaved that mustache right after anchorman and his lookalike Ron Burgundy came out

Bruce is a great guy, I've met him several times over the years and he made it a point to attend several fundraisers important to me over the years and he was always a very generous person in that regard. I hope his retirement is everything he hopes it to be.

Reactions: mstp1992
KCRG seems to have some fraternization fun. Remember, recent departure Forrest Saunders. Well, he likes his food mui caliente. He and Chantelle Navarro are an item (also departed). I hear the Aune stories are legendary. I'm sure there are others besides Renee. My favorite (probably fake name) on KCRG was Susan Fokken (self-explanatory).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT