ADVERTISEMENT

Legit/real or not, WH tweet leaks are fantastic entertainment...

I have tried to come down on one side or the other on Assange. I just can't decide if the good outweighs the bad and vice versa.

Thoughts from HROTers on Assange??

If a guy is both an enemy and a whistle blower, I come down on the side of my country. I admit I don't know much about this but I would really like to see Mueller package it all up and present it in a summery for folks like me.

The day after the elections, Trump appointed acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker, who has previously denounced the Mueller probe. A Justice Department spokeswoman said this week that Whitaker “is fully committed to following all appropriate processes and procedures at the Department of Justice, including consulting with senior ethics officials on his oversight responsibilities and matters that may warrant recusal.”

“You can’t prevent a new AG from blocking new indictments,” Miller said. “But if you were ready to move on cases, you could return a bunch of indictments under seal. If the stumbling block is approval from Mueller’s supervisors, you get that approval while you still have a supervisor who approves of your work.”

ows_154240673966145.jpg

https://usatodayhss.com/2018/calif-...s-to-support-team-town-reeling-from-wildfires

The devastation from the ongoing California wildfires hit no area as hard as Paradise, a town in Butte County, Calif. The entire town has been destroyed by the Camp Fire, destroying homes and displacing thousands of residents.

Saturday night, the girls volleyball team from Forest Lake Christian School (Auburn, Calif.) faced Paradise Adventist Academy in a Northern California Division VI girls volleyball semifinal match.

As the Los Angeles Times reported, Forest Lake team members asked the California Interscholastic Federation if, rather than charging admission, it could accept donations for Paradise Adventist Academy team members and for their families. The CIF obliged.

The Forest Lake team went above and beyond donating money to their distressed opponents, however. When the team arrived after the nearly two-hour drive, they found brand new uniforms, knee pads and socks for every player as well as truck loads of donated clothes. Not only that, but there was a dinner planned along with a room full of goods for players’ families.

On top of that, the Times reports, Paradise Adventist coach Jason Eyer was presented with gift cards for each player and family, $300 per student.

“To have our community show up in such a huge way, I’m still blown away by it,” Forest Lake Christian head coach Travis Smith said, per The Union. “I’ve never seen that many people in our gym, and there were people there who had never watched a volleyball game in their life, but they came to support what we were doing.”​

The Union reported that the donations came together from the Forest Lake Christian community in less than 24 hours.

“This is truly awe-inspiring how in a time of our greatest needs, fellow students, schools and communities continue to step up and be a shining light for all of us,” CIF Executive Director Roger Blake wrote the Times in an email.​

Forest Lake Christian won the match, 3-1 (25-16, 18-25, 25-18, 25-13). The win, surely, came second to helping a community so desperately in need of support.

The possibility that both Brexit and the Trump campaign simultaneously relied upon the same social-media company and its transgressive tactics, as well as some of the same advisers, to further far-right nationalist campaigns, set off alarm bells on both sides of the Atlantic. Damian Collins, a member of Parliament, and chair of its Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee, which held an inquiry into fake news, told the Observer, which has broken much of the news about Cambridge Analytica in the U.K., that the new e-mails “suggest that the role of Bannon and Mercer is far deeper and more complex than we realised. There’s a big question about whether Mercer’s money was used in the Brexit campaign and it absolutely underscores why Britain needs a proper Mueller-style investigation. There are direct links between the political movements behind Brexit and Trump. We’ve got to recognise the bigger picture here. This is being coordinated across national borders by very wealthy people in a way we haven’t seen before."

...which has been my point over the past year or more: much of this political funding is coming from the elite-rich, who want to gain influence over Western governments and effectively eliminate actual self-governance/democracy. And Putin is on the same page with his oligarchic system being the template.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT