ADVERTISEMENT

Legit/real or not, WH tweet leaks are fantastic entertainment...

Is this Fox News' way of claiming they're fair and balanced?

“If I could modify your question to ask if there’s a legal basis to argue high crimes and misdemeanors, then the answer is yes,” Napolitano said. “That’s really beyond dispute ... If I were a Democrat in the House, which I am not and never will be, I would vote to impeach.”

What if you were a Republican in the House? Is the answer still "yes"?

How about if you were a Republican in the Senate? Would you vote to remove, based upon the evidence you have available to you now? THOSE are the relevant questions here......

"Broader Impact", you say?....

So.....what is the point here, then? Foundation for some other charges or linking to another case?

I've always said, there is no other country on earth that can take us down. Yes, the USSR could have essentially destroyed us, but they'd have (along with us) taken down pretty much everyone's capacity to function. I'm talking about taking down our ability to govern. Once you get past the early days of the country, say post-Civil War, the only country able to take us down is ourselves.

If we do not take steps to correct it internally, we are seeing what that looks like. Part of it is some allowing themselves to be used, part of it is some only looking out for themselves instead of the country's overall well-being. I mean, a strong military is needed, but we don't need to spend 50 times more than anyone else. We need a strong economy, but we also NEED to keep the global economy in mind, not just the US.

For all of those saying America First, that was easy to say and do 100-150 years ago. Now, at this point in history, not looking globally is stupid, unethical and immoral. Because of our reach, we rely on everyone else and they rely on us. It's a two way street. Unfortunately, a certain cult wants to not only put stop signs in, they would be perfectly happy shutting down the street. That's very, very bad.

It would take just three Republican senators to turn the impeachment vote into a secret ballot. It’s not hard to imagine what would happen then.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/11/12/path-to-removing-donald-trump-from-office-229911
I don't think that Moscow Mitch would allow that to come to a vote because it might pass. As the Majority Leader, he has the ability to control the narrative and he's proven to use that power to undermine democracy.

I've always said, there is no other country on earth that can take us down. Yes, the USSR could have essentially destroyed us, but they'd have (along with us) taken down pretty much everyone's capacity to function. I'm talking about taking down our ability to govern. Once you get past the early days of the country, say post-Civil War, the only country able to take us down is ourselves.

If we do not take steps to correct it internally, we are seeing what that looks like. Part of it is some allowing themselves to be used, part of it is some only looking out for themselves instead of the country's overall well-being. I mean, a strong military is needed, but we don't need to spend 50 times more than anyone else. We need a strong economy, but we also NEED to keep the global economy in mind, not just the US.

For all of those saying America First, that was easy to say and do 100-150 years ago. Now, at this point in history, not looking globally is stupid, unethical and immoral. Because of our reach, we rely on everyone else and they rely on us. It's a two way street. Unfortunately, a certain cult wants to not only put stop signs in, they would be perfectly happy shutting down the street. That's very, very bad.
I think Lincoln said the same thing about no foreign power could take us down but that it would have to come from within.

Huh.....right around the time the Russkies are taking over major influence in the Middle East. BOY what a coincidence!!!!

Reactions: Rudolph
EJN1duhW4AAWZDd.jpg

What an awful human being. Just a liar and a con man.
Well, except that to a great extent this has been how our military has been used. Trump is just, in his magnificent bumbling way, pulling back the curtain. This is one major part of how the oil & gas industry externalizes some of its most wieldy costs.

And I am not trying to disparage military folks, not in the least.

ADVERTISEMENT