ADVERTISEMENT

Lesner vs Hand natty match

AO4IA1988

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jan 15, 2014
Replay randomly popped up on my phone so had to watch.

Remember being at the national duals in Carver when lesner was unleashed and him basically suplexing hand in the first 10 seconds. Had never seen Anything like it or him.

The national championship match, however, holy crap, how lesner did not have about 3 more stall calls on him in that 3rd period I have no clue. And the old ot rules to win.... Holy hell thank God that's gone. Hand definitely should have won that match under today's rules.

God this sucks having to relive matches instead of talking about our most recent domination of a national championship.

Replay randomly popped up on my phone so had to watch.

Remember being at the national duals in Carver when lesner was unleashed and him basically suplexing hand in the first 10 seconds. Had never seen Anything like it or him.

The national championship match, however, holy crap, how lesner did not have about 3 more stall calls on him in that 3rd period I have no clue. And the old ot rules to win.... Holy hell thank God that's gone. Hand definitely should have won that match under today's rules.

God this sucks having to relive matches instead of talking about our most recent domination of a national championship.

I don't think I have ever been as afraid for a wrestler as I was when I watched the Lesner v Hand match, and saw Brock run out onto the mat. I thought it was a joke. He was an absolute physical monster. He looked half animal. I thought he might actually destroy Wes.

Did Lesner ever try his hand at freestyle or Greco after college?
Read on article just today about him on ESPN. According to JRob, a former friend of JRobs he knew from his Okie State days worked for the WWE, and they were already recruiting/working on Lesnar during his Senior year at Minny. JRob wouldn't let them hang around and said he needs to concentrate on winning a National Championship and helping the team try to win one, he can go to the WWE when he's done.

Then they arranged for Vince McMahon to come to Minneapolis to meet him, Lesnar had no idea who McMahon was, and McMahon didn't know much about Lesnar and had never seen him up close (something along that line anyway).

Next thing ya know Ol' Jed's a millionaire! ;)

I don't think I have ever been as afraid for a wrestler as I was when I watched the Lesner v Hand match, and saw Brock run out onto the mat. I thought it was a joke. He was an absolute physical monster. He looked half animal. I thought he might actually destroy Wes.
He was one scary looking somebitch, ain't no doubt about it!

That is actually a side effect of Steroids. It will make you look part animal

I remember going to the national duals the year Lesnar pinned Hand. We were about 8 rows up and after the match my brother in law started screaming at Lesnar. He was talking about steroids and Lesnar looked in our direction. I didn’t feel safe...he was huge and 8 rows of people would not have been enough to stop him. I’m glad his teammates stepped in to celebrate and allowed us to live.

He blew up the B1G & NCAA HWT weight class from the moment he 1st stepped on the mat. I remember being at the national duals in Iowa City and wondering "who is this guy" and what rock did he just crawl out from...it felt like Hand was thinking the same thing. He was a scary beast.

That is actually a side effect of Steroids. It will make you look part animal
It will also make you millions if you have some ability to go with it, and/or size and ability in this case. That list is long.

It might also kill you prematurely, so there is a trade-off (maybe that's less likely these days - no idea).

I don't have any particular like or dislike for Brock Lesnar, but he is a farm kid from South Dakota (and apparently not a rich farm kid), who bought his own farm in Saskatchewan, Canada and lives there with his Wife and 4 kids and sounds like that's where he'd prefer to spend most or all of his time. But he sells tickets wherever he goes, so best to get off the farm and make the big dough while you can. And roids or not, it appears the guy has never been a slacker, so kudos to him for that.

Gophers had a nice turnout this year when he was recognized at a Gopher dual, ! saw a piece on the Mn.Guillotine. So yes he can sell tickets! he also spent time in wrestling room scrapping with GS. Amazing he still can wrestled with someone as young and talented as GS. I know they were only drilling but he's still a beast!

Wes did beat Lesner once up in Mpls. He hit him with a cow catcher early in the match when Brock came straight in on him, he had him on his back for a bit and got a 3 count, then Lesner got out, but Hand was able to milk his 5-0 lead the rest of the way.

Lesnar did try the NFL one preseason with the Vikings. I believe he had very little football experience. But he was such a monster they thought he could play nose tackle and just stuff the run. Then he showed up and had lost some 35 pounds in a few months because of the fear of steroid testing. They cut him very soon after.

Reactions: Ihawkd9times
Watching those championships today
“Sanderson in the orange, Juergens in the Hawkeye black” I laughed, orange

Reactions: IAChief32
I was there to see it live. We called Lesner the Terminator. Hand got hosed!

Chael Sonnen said he thought Brock wasn't an elite wrestler technically speaking just strong as hell and very competitive.

Lesnar did try the NFL one preseason with the Vikings. I believe he had very little football experience. But he was such a monster they thought he could play nose tackle and just stuff the run. Then he showed up and had lost some 35 pounds in a few months because of the fear of steroid testing. They cut him very soon after.

Not saying he wasn't on the juice but doesn't the NCAA test the finalists and all AA's after their last match?

He only wrestled two years and lost to a pretty good good wrestler in Stephen Neal. So yes in his two years he only made the NCAA D1 finals twice.

Some guys are all juice, I don't think that's the case with Lesnar. Hes a beast. Ive seen him where hes not competing and very unlikely to be juicing for anything and hes still huge as fugg.

He was still huge when he tried out. Plus he played through high school. Being worried about the NFL steroid testing is just a joke. I personally don't care who takes what but most of the league are on steroids, hgh, trt, something. The NFL does not care at all.

He was still huge when he tried out. Plus he played through high school. Being worried about the NFL steroid testing is just a joke. I personally don't care who takes what but most of the league are on steroids, hgh, trt, something. The NFL does not care at all.
very true, all of those guys are juiced, especially mma. NFL...….all of em

Reactions: shobart
ADVERTISEMENT