ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s all agree, this defense is sooo good…

cmhawks99

HR Legend
Jul 23, 2002
It’s an absolute tragedy when they lose and it is the offense not holding up their end of the bargain, we all agree with that or I think most of us agree with that!

I personally think fixing the offense is more complicated in the grand scheme of things than some of our fans think but it is tragically bad!

Even that Ohio State game, we actually played fantastic Defense. So for those that get frustrated by what I say; it also hurts my soul to see us lose games when the defense is this good!

It honestly makes me want to vomit. But I’m old enough to know change is “OK” but it often changes things you didn’t want to change!

Just this old man’s view…

On a complete aside; how ****ing crazy is it that our basketball team plays elite offense and shitty defense and our football team plays elite defense and shitty offense!?!?!

It’s an absolute tragedy when they lose and it is the offense not holding up their end of the bargain, we all agree with that or I think most of us agree with that!

I personally think fixing the offense is more complicated in the grand scheme of things than some of our fans think but it is tragically bad!

Even that Ohio State game, we actually played fantastic Defense. So for those that get frustrated by what I say; it also hurts my soul to see us lose games when the defense is this good!

It honestly makes me want to vomit. But I’m old enough to know change is “OK” but it often changes things you didn’t want to change!

On a complete aside; how ****ing crazy is it that our basketball team plays elite offense and shitty defense and our football team plays elite defense and shitty offense!?!?!
You're really going to fire up another thread on this topic? SMH

Well judging by tonight's bball game vs. Seton Hall I'd say the D looked pretty good. I know Seton Hall was sloppy however our D had something to do with a fair amount of that. Better athletes, quicker, stronger and scrappy...give Fran and staff credit.

Bro, we both love the Hawks. I just completely disagree that we can’t improve the offense without it hurting the defense.

I’m not in disagreement it “can’t” be fixed, I’m in disagreement about the willingness too and the ultimate end product!

Our end product still seems ( maybe debatable ) to be good, and we’ve honestly had this “offense” talk in some variation for 15 plus years and 3-OCs….

Yet we are (this year to be determined) on a 5 year + upswing in talent and BIG wins!

Yes, I’m super, super curious about the end outcome..,

Almost in a sociological way…it’s like we CAN be better, but we honestly have been very good and this coach in all his incarnation’s seems incapable of really fielding decent offenses?! I’m not even going to disagree with that anymore!

Soooo, that’s odd and it’s scary….we aren’t potentially blowing up Iowa St, or PU, we are potentially blowing up Wisconsin..I/e: Iowa…

As is Wisconsin’s dilemma right now?!

ADVERTISEMENT