ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s focus on the positives…

This team being mentioned as a CFP team can finally stop. This team has ZERO shot and today proves that they never did. And probably never will under current leadership.
We need a freaking qb. Of course backups never get a chance. Lol
Qb could throw 5 interceptions and the stubborn ass won't give a backup a chance.

Reactions: gohawks999
Another positive is we now get to deal with crazy Cyclone fans for a year. It's the only reason I care about winning this game, so I don't have to deal with them. I don't even talk about the game when we win. I just don't want to hear the absurd shit they have to say thinking it matters to me when we lose. I expect the same from them but it doesn't happen. I get it, the game matters to them more but as far as I'm concerned, the season is essentially over now. Losing to ISU is in the same realm as NW or Maryland. That's it, season is over.

If your a Lester fan coach has a easy 1.5 miilon gig running that pass game and playing Kirks qb

It really sucks because of all the effort made do get Castro, Higgins, & Jackson back. The defense obviously isn't what we thought either because they struggled in the second half.
The 3 and outs by the O play a huge factor in the d's play. These kids are not stupid, they see the wth are you doing. It affects them physically (no rest) and mentally.

There’s a lot of meat on the bone if Cade makes the plays he should. That’s a big improvement from there not being much of anything open in years past. Bad news is I don’t think Case has the zip and arm strength to take advantage of some of what’s available.

Lester has schemed up a pretty good run game, but we still need the OL to be better on a down-to-down basis.

We can start a new record after our 52 game win streak was snapped after leading by 13 at half.

We can get multiple new threads about who our next coach will be.

It wasn't just the offenses fault today.

Our punt and kick returners were electric.

Stevens looked good.

Our running back had almost 180 yards (but only one carry when we were on the 3 SEVEN times giving us a sweet 12 points on 3 possessions).

We don't have to worry about the playoffs and if we can afford tickets to a home football playoff game.

Gosh I hate losing and being a mediocre program that loses games like this.

Last edited:
Well, Dolph said even though we lost, the fans were awesome....
and Kirk responded how the Iowa fans keep showing up over and over....
So that is a positive, right??

Reactions: millah_22
We can start a new record after our 52 game win streak was snapped after leading by 13 at half.
lol remember that dumb stat they kept showing us a few years ago? the one that was like "x many straight games of allowin g25 points or less" and when we finally gave up more than 25, the very next week they were like "x many straight games of allowing 30 points or less."

Reactions: UncleChesterton
How was it watching the USMNT today? Pretty shitty day all around huh? Really would've liked having Marsch here instead. Can't blame him though.

ehhhhhhh, I doubt it. 10-2 landed us around 16th last season.

10-2 with the right name might get you in. 10-2 prob not ever getting Iowa in.
Minimum of 3 B1G teams will get in...and I'd guess 10-2 pretty safely puts Iowa in 2nd or 3rd place. The season is far from over and the schedule couldn't be more favorable. Losses hurt but sometimes teams wake up and just plain get better after one.

Reactions: RLMHAWK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT