ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s give Minnesota credit for one thing. The Juicy Lucy.

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
I had my first official Juicy Lucy at The Nook I’m St. Paul this evening. Just heavenly. Cheddar cheese inside of two patties, topped with more cheddar and bacon.
Beyond that they haven’t produced much of note beyond Loni Anderson.

Reactions: bdg8 and rivalhawks
I had my first official Juicy Lucy at The Nook I’m St. Paul this evening. Just heavenly. Cheddar cheese inside of two patties, topped with more cheddar and bacon.

That’s my old hangout. Try the flaming hot cheese curds or the bowling alley downstairs.

Last edited:
Reactions: rivalhawks

Nice. You’re in my hood! I know most everyone who works there and the owners Ted and Mike. Hit that place up about once a week. They also own Shamrocks down Randolph at W 7th Street and have the same menu. Much bigger place with Live Music on weekends. One of the best St Paddy’s bars in town as well. Cretin Durham Hall across the street from the Nook has produced some amazing talent over the years. Ran into Rafael Eubanks while he was in HS still but committed to Iowa and gave him a “Go Hawks”

And Audio Research and Magnepan to name two of the legendary audio companies there.

Loni Anderson was overrated and Jan Smithers was hotter.

natalie-dormer-apples.gif

Yes. To the left of where you walk in.

I couldn’t see past the tremendously hot hostess. Skin tight cutoff jeans. Built for speed. Hopefully of age.
Driving away I saw the bowling sign and figured it was mid block and asked the wife and kid how they wedged in a bowling alley? Now I know.

I have not been to the Nook for one, but the Blue Door's Lucy is damn good.

Used to be a great version in Iowa City area before Coralville tore out the building for flood purposes. RIP The Barber Shop. Only lived a short time but their spin on the Juicy Lucy was delicious.

ADVERTISEMENT