ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s Play W-L

WWDMHawkeye

HR Heisman
Nov 13, 2014
Here’s what I see (W/L, overall record, BT record)

@Illinois: L (3-3, 1-2)
@tOSU: LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL (3-4, 1-3)
NW: W (4-4, 2-3)
@Purdue: L (4-5, 2-4)
Wisconsin: W (5-5, 3-4)
@Minnesota: L (5-6, 3-5)
Nebraska: W (6-6, 4-5)

Frankly, I think this is a pretty optimistic view. I don’t see us finishing much better and I could easily see us finishing worse. I think bowl eligibility is absolutely in doubt with a mediocre bowl game pretty much a best-case scenario.

If nothing else, this season should leave no doubt that Brian needs to go and perhaps KF should hang it up. We can dream.

Reactions: MVPFAN
Here’s what I see (W/L, overall record, BT record)

@Illinois: L (3-3, 1-2)
@tOSU: LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL (3-4, 1-3)
NW: W (4-4, 2-3)
@Purdue: L (4-5, 2-4)
Wisconsin: W (5-5, 3-4)
@Minnesota: L (5-6, 3-5)
Nebraska: W (6-6, 4-5)

Frankly, I think this is a pretty optimistic view. I don’t see us finishing much better and I could easily see us finishing worse. I think bowl eligibility is absolutely in doubt with a mediocre bowl game pretty much a best-case scenario.

If nothing else, this season should leave no doubt that Brian needs to go and perhaps KF should hang it up. We can dream.
no problem with your prognostication, it is well within the realm of possibility and bf would deserve blame and consequences.
that said and this is definitely hypothetical -- what if iowa claws to 9-3. every win is narrow, all of them primarily on the back of the defense, the o is a placeholder that gets 1-2 points more than the opponent. basically 2021 repeat. and nothing has changed. still need to clean house?

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
no problem with your prognostication, it is well within the realm of possibility and bf would deserve blame and consequences.
that said and this is definitely hypothetical -- what if iowa claws to 9-3. every win is narrow, all of them primarily on the back of the defense, the o is a placeholder that gets 1-2 points more than the opponent. basically 2021 repeat. and nothing has changed. still need to clean house?
Good question, and certainly possible. If the offense remains the liability it has been for so long, nothing changes in my mind. It’s all about offensive production. You produce to a reasonable level, fine. You continue to fail miserably, you find another job.

Based on what we have seen, that is almost delusional thinking. Do you think the defense will score enough touchdowns to win 9 games?

Looks like most of our prognostications are on track.

I’m thinking 6-6 is pretty much a best-case scenario unless there’s a completely unexpected offensive explosion.

Unless the offense can score points, I just dont see too many more Ws… maybe 2. But hell the way NW plays against the hawks, i cant really see a W there.

Worst case scenario is 6-6 as it can be spun as a decent season and every coach is retained for next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT