ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s shift gears to talking about our favorite subject: Brian Ferentz

BlackNGoldBleeder

HR Legend
Jun 23, 2017
It could be argued this is now the second high-profile recruit Iowa has missed on because of Tommy Boy. Blame NIL all you want, but you can’t convince me the shit show offense that generated national headlines week after week didn’t plant seeds of doubt in Proctor’s mind.

While there may be some debate about Proctor, there should be none about Kyler Kasper. The kid literally tweeted a picture of himself inside Kinnick calling it his future home. Then he saw the 2021 Iowa offense and said “hard pass.”

I know people are upset about losing Proctor, but let’s not lose sight of the real problem. No, it’s not NIL (Iowa will get players they normally wouldn’t because of it). No, it’s not Proctor committing to Alabama (that might be a blessing in disguise if it frees up NIL money to get more players at positions of need). No, it’s not Twitter or message boards (as much as a cesspool both are).

No, it’s none of that. What Iowa has is a Brian Ferentz problem. And given that this upcoming bullshit “evaluation” process is exactly that—bullshit—and nothing of substance is going to change with the coaching staff, you have to wonder what it’s going to take for Iowa to rid itself of its Brian Ferentz problem. Sigh.

Anyhoo, I thought the board needed a break from Proctor talk and to shift its ire where it belongs: on Brian Ferentz.

@natchrlman, I hope you are still planning on bringing me something nice Saturday night. Ho ho ho. 🎅🏻

It could be argued this is now the second high-profile recruit Iowa has missed on because of Tommy Boy. Blame NIL all you want, but you can’t convince me the shit show offense that generated national headlines week after week didn’t plant seeds of doubt in Proctor’s mind.

While there may be some debate about Proctor, there should be none about Kyler Kasper. The kid literally tweeted a picture of himself inside Kinnick calling it his future home. Then he saw the 2021 Iowa offense and said “hard pass.”

I know people are upset about losing Proctor, but let’s not lose sight of the real problem. No, it’s not NIL (Iowa will get players they normally wouldn’t because of it). No, it’s not Proctor committing to Alabama (that might be a blessing in disguise if it frees up NIL money to get more players at positions of need). No, it’s not Twitter or message boards (as much as a cesspool both are).

No, it’s none of that. What Iowa has is a Brian Ferentz problem. And given that this upcoming bullshit “evaluation” process is exactly that—bullshit—and nothing of substance is going to change with the coaching staff, you have to wonder what it’s going to take for Iowa to rid itself of its Brian Ferentz problem. Sigh.

Anyhoo, I thought the board needed a break from Proctor talk and to shift its ire where it belongs: on Brian Ferentz.

@natchrlman, I hope you are still planning on bringing me something nice Saturday night. Ho ho ho. 🎅🏻
Iron Doc approves of this post.

I’ll guarantee you the Fraudentz family are sitting at home scratching their heads trying to figure out what happened. Hopefully Kirk pointed out those 10 wins last year and this year with a huge must see bowl game. Clowns, every single one of them.

Of course it played a role.

But there’s Kirk explaining to Hawkeye nation that “it’s ok, we’ll move forward with the guys we have in the building and continue to work to improve every day.”

Yada yada yada “we have you all fooled with 7-8 win expectations” yada yada yada “I’m rich” yada yada I’m protected yada yada “watch my son become head coach” yada yada

Of course it played a role.

But there’s Kirk explaining to Hawkeye nation that “it’s ok, we’ll move forward with the guys we have in the building and continue to work to improve every day.”

Yada yada yada “we have you all fooled with 7-8 win expectations” yada yada yada “I’m rich” yada yada I’m protected yada yada “watch my son become head coach” yada yada

You're beyond spoiled.

Is there really anything that can be added to this subject? Like all Proctor threads, enough already!

I don’t dispute that per se, but would you not agree Tommy Boy is in way over his head?

I honestly don't know. I suspect Brian would be better off as an OL coach. I don't know who could be an effective OC with the dearth of talent at WR that will always exist under his father. KOK came as close as possible to having a functional offense as anyone but that was 20 years ago and the game has changed. Having an overarching philosophy that is driven by fear of mistakes is not going to attract a lot of top-tier talent at skill positions.

Oh, I need more and more of the same shit that gets rehashed every day on this message board. 🙄

If you don’t like, I don’t care. Feel free not to post, or go kiss your autographed Brian Ferentz poster if it bothers you that much. IDGAF what you do, slap nuts.

Nice. 😄

Okay. Here’s an idea. Start your own thread about whatever tickles your little pickle. If you’re not interested in a thread, there’s a simple solution: don’t open it.

Bye
Thanks for proving my point, you have nothing new to add. Like it takes some kind of special effort to start a thread about a topic shamefully beat to death. Congrats.

btw, happy to ignore another thread filled with haters. Here's an idea, take some time to think of something unique (you know, an original thought) and start a thread about that. Bye

Last edited:
I know he’s an easy target for 98% of the folks on this board-(Me included) but Idk, after rewatching the Holiday Bowl against USC, I don’t think our problem the last two years has been BF. It unfortunately starts and ends with the guy under center, the one snapping the football, and the ones letting the balls go through their hands. Even though the recruiting rankings claim we are better on paper, we ain’t.

Billy Bob Thornton Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

• Haha
Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Thanks for proving my point, you have nothing new to add. Like it takes some kind of special effort to start a thread about a topic shamefully beat to death. Congrats.

btw, happy to ignore another thread filled with haters. Here's an idea, take some time to think of something unique and start a thread about that. Bye
Bye, idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT