ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s shift gears to talking about our favorite subject: Brian Ferentz

Two things you can do with a turd,.. Polish it or flush it, and I'm not ready to flush this particular turd just yet.
I have a question for everyone that has this attitude:

What exactly would it take for you to fire a coordinator? What are the standards for performance at the offensive coordinator position?

Don't answer with a question. Answer with a statement.

I have a question for everyone that has this attitude:

What exactly would it take for you to fire a coordinator? What are the standards for performance at the offensive coordinator position?

Don't answer with a question. Answer with a statement.
Ill bite even though I’d like to see change. Statement for a justified change- “Our OC has hindered us unable to win more than 2-3 games a year. Which is the cause that most of them get fired for. Wether we like it or not…. We can’t say that.

Tommy Boy took the reins in 2017:

227-C974-C-965-A-4196-A974-A42-E816-E792-A.jpg

Make all the injuries/youth/bad luck excuses you’d like, but every other other program in this country would have fired the person/persons responsible for these results by now.

Tsk tsk. You just don't understand! That decline in offense is part of the plan since the defense and ST have been better.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Ill bite even though I’d like to see change. Statement for a justified change- “Our OC has hindered us unable to win more than 2-3 games a year. Which is the cause that most of them get fired for. Wether we like it or not…. We can’t say that.
That's a pretty low bar, given Iowa's facilities and the fact they are in the Big Ten, and the ability to schedule at least two wins a season, if not 3. Multiple years of 2 - 3 win seasons tends to get a head coach fired almost anywhere, and multiple seasons in a row, required to average a rate of 2 - 3 wins per year, is rare even at the worst Big Ten football programs, like Northwestern and Indiana.

I don't think a program the caliber of Iowa should wait that long to change coordinators, or even head coaches. Two back to back seasons below 8 wins and I think the coordinator(s) should be gone. Three and the head coach should be gone. That's if fans want to maintain the success Iowa has enjoyed over the last 40 years. If they want to return to the 60s and 70s, by all means lower the bar.

That's a pretty low bar, given Iowa's facilities and the fact they are in the Big Ten, and the ability to schedule at least two wins a season, if not 3. Multiple years of 2 - 3 win seasons tends to get a head coach fired almost anywhere, and multiple seasons in a row, required to average a rate of 2 - 3 wins per year, is rare even at the worst Big Ten football programs, like Northwestern and Indiana.

I don't think a program the caliber of Iowa should wait that long to change coordinators, or even head coaches. Two back to back seasons below 8 wins and I think the coordinator(s) should be gone. Three and the head coach should be gone. That's if fans want to maintain the success Iowa has enjoyed over the last 40 years. If they want to return to the 60s and 70s, by all means lower the bar.
Look, I get it that you and other people are frustrated. Iam also! I’m just saying that if you evaluate BF like a foreman of a job, you end up saying his job sites an absolute mess, he often doesn’t look like he knows what’s going on, but the house is shingled, it doesn’t leak, and he came in at budget. Unfortunately a lot of companies don’t see that as terms for termination.

Kirk has final say.

Brian is a below average-to-poor offensive coordinator.

They have done nothing to address next year’s offensive line.

Just because the lineman will be a year older doesn’t automatically make them better.

They have lost more WR talent, and in general, to the portal over the last two years than they’ve brought in.

KOK and GD never finished in the 130s as coordinators.

My optimism is really low.

Kirk has final say.

Brian is a below average-to-poor offensive coordinator.

They have done nothing to address next year’s offensive line.

Just because the lineman will be a year older doesn’t automatically make them better.

They have lost more WR talent, and in general, to the portal over the last two years than they’ve brought in.

KOK and GD never finished in the 130s as coordinators.

My optimism is really low.
This. Even if we get a couple receivers in the portal, it’s not looking like top guys like we were hoping.

Reactions: wxhawk
I'm embarrassed by our offense but we have 2 years to see what happens. I think we fill in the holes on our offense and could have a really good season next year and a great one the year after.
Is there 2 yrs left on BF's contract then?

It could be argued this is now the second high-profile recruit Iowa has missed on because of Tommy Boy. Blame NIL all you want, but you can’t convince me the shit show offense that generated national headlines week after week didn’t plant seeds of doubt in Proctor’s mind.

While there may be some debate about Proctor, there should be none about Kyler Kasper. The kid literally tweeted a picture of himself inside Kinnick calling it his future home. Then he saw the 2021 Iowa offense and said “hard pass.”

I know people are upset about losing Proctor, but let’s not lose sight of the real problem. No, it’s not NIL (Iowa will get players they normally wouldn’t because of it). No, it’s not Proctor committing to Alabama (that might be a blessing in disguise if it frees up NIL money to get more players at positions of need). No, it’s not Twitter or message boards (as much as a cesspool both are).

No, it’s none of that. What Iowa has is a Brian Ferentz problem. And given that this upcoming bullshit “evaluation” process is exactly that—bullshit—and nothing of substance is going to change with the coaching staff, you have to wonder what it’s going to take for Iowa to rid itself of its Brian Ferentz problem. Sigh.

Anyhoo, I thought the board needed a break from Proctor talk and to shift its ire where it belongs: on Brian Ferentz.

@natchrlman, I hope you are still planning on bringing me something nice Saturday night. Ho ho ho. 🎅🏻
F’ing stellar post bro- loved it and I can’t disagree with anything you have stated … sometimes the truth hurts but it is what is

It could be argued this is now the second high-profile recruit Iowa has missed on because of Tommy Boy. Blame NIL all you want, but you can’t convince me the shit show offense that generated national headlines week after week didn’t plant seeds of doubt in Proctor’s mind.

While there may be some debate about Proctor, there should be none about Kyler Kasper. The kid literally tweeted a picture of himself inside Kinnick calling it his future home. Then he saw the 2021 Iowa offense and said “hard pass.”

I know people are upset about losing Proctor, but let’s not lose sight of the real problem. No, it’s not NIL (Iowa will get players they normally wouldn’t because of it). No, it’s not Proctor committing to Alabama (that might be a blessing in disguise if it frees up NIL money to get more players at positions of need). No, it’s not Twitter or message boards (as much as a cesspool both are).

No, it’s none of that. What Iowa has is a Brian Ferentz problem. And given that this upcoming bullshit “evaluation” process is exactly that—bullshit—and nothing of substance is going to change with the coaching staff, you have to wonder what it’s going to take for Iowa to rid itself of its Brian Ferentz problem. Sigh.

Anyhoo, I thought the board needed a break from Proctor talk and to shift its ire where it belongs: on Brian Ferentz.

@natchrlman, I hope you are still planning on bringing me something nice Saturday night. Ho ho ho. 🎅🏻

thats-true-jaleel-white.gif

In the end, though, it's also a KF problem. Because he's the one who has told Iowa football that his son is the best possible leader for the Iowa offense. And that his son-in-law is the best possible leader of Iowa football recruiting. So out of all the possible options out there in the landscape of college football, the best people to lead those aspects of the Iowa football program just happen to be members of his immediate family.

It's pretty obvious that KF believes the future career and financial well being of his son and son-in-law are more important than the future well being of the Iowa football program.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
Iowa's problem is Kirk's enormous, fragile ego, arrogance, and mind blowing stubbornness. Greg Davis and now BF have been the symptoms of that underlying disease
When are people going to get that the Ferenz family corporation is all about money and fame. Brians never going to leave Iowa. He thinks he is a big deal in Iowa City. The guy is a hero in his own mind.

ADVERTISEMENT