ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s shift gears to talking about our favorite subject: Brian Ferentz

Uh oh, am I back on the naughty list?
Merry Christmas Naughty List GIF

• Sad
Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
On this issue, you don’t? Really? Maybe reflect deeper.
Reflect deeper? Lol. Why? I can acknowledge that Kirk has glaring weaknesses, but his strengths far exceed them.

Yes, the Brian Ferentz experiment has been an abject failure and Kirk should have never promoted him to OC. I get it, obviously. But that still doesn’t take away from the many good things Ferentz has accomplished in his career at Iowa.

Reflect deeper? Lol. Why? I can acknowledge that Kirk has glaring weaknesses, but his strengths far exceed them.

Yes, the Brian Ferentz experiment has been an abject failure and Kirk should have never promoted him to OC. I get it, obviously. But that still doesn’t take away from the many good things Ferentz has accomplished in his career at Iowa.
Kirk has a lot of great traits as a coach obviously-- understanding the fundamental concepts of a successful offense isn't one. So stop being blinded by only the great things he does (like keeping his hands off the defense and letting Parker do his job) and look at a major deficiency on offense which starts and stops with his philosophy.

Kirk has a lot of great traits as a coach obviously-- understanding the fundamentals concepts of an offense isn't. So stop being blinded by only the great things he does (like keeping his hands off the defense and letting Parker do his job) and look at a major deficiency on offense which starts and stops with his philosophy.
He needs to evolve, I agree.

It could be argued this is now the second high-profile recruit Iowa has missed on because of Tommy Boy. Blame NIL all you want, but you can’t convince me the shit show offense that generated national headlines week after week didn’t plant seeds of doubt in Proctor’s mind.

While there may be some debate about Proctor, there should be none about Kyler Kasper. The kid literally tweeted a picture of himself inside Kinnick calling it his future home. Then he saw the 2021 Iowa offense and said “hard pass.”

I know people are upset about losing Proctor, but let’s not lose sight of the real problem. No, it’s not NIL (Iowa will get players they normally wouldn’t because of it). No, it’s not Proctor committing to Alabama (that might be a blessing in disguise if it frees up NIL money to get more players at positions of need). No, it’s not Twitter or message boards (as much as a cesspool both are).

No, it’s none of that. What Iowa has is a Brian Ferentz problem. And given that this upcoming bullshit “evaluation” process is exactly that—bullshit—and nothing of substance is going to change with the coaching staff, you have to wonder what it’s going to take for Iowa to rid itself of its Brian Ferentz problem. Sigh.

Anyhoo, I thought the board needed a break from Proctor talk and to shift its ire where it belongs: on Brian Ferentz.

@natchrlman, I hope you are still planning on bringing me something nice Saturday night. Ho ho ho. 🎅🏻
LOL, you're blaming BF for the Proctor loss, the Kasper loss? You're a Georgia hick who is clueless.

Follow the $$ dork.

I couldn’t agree more.

I’ll be the first to say that I love KF as a coach, mentor, leader of men.

At the same time, at this level it is the HC’s responsibility to field an OFF, DEF, ST that good players want to play for. The overall philosophy is good — maintain possession and play tough, smart football.

But fault lies at Kirk’s feet, and I have a good feeling that he knows this and will work to overcome the weaknesses. His decisions that have led to an increasingly conservative, unimaginative offense — the immediate consequence has led to Proctor, Kasper and other prospects with high ceilings to select other more proven options.

Point is, we’ve seen KF evolve, slowly. Too slowly. He’s going to have to play catch-up on the modern day passing game. But I think he can do it.

Brian is just the whipping boy for those that don’t want to take aim at Kirk.

LOL, you're blaming BF for the Proctor loss, the Kasper loss? You're a Georgia hick who is clueless.

Follow the $$ dork.
You are consistent. I’ll give you that.

I know. Reading is hard.
Blame NIL all you want, but you can’t convince me the shit show offense that generated national headlines week after week didn’t plant seeds of doubt in Proctor’s mind.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bishop1971
Good question. Based on the interviews cade has given and the offensive pieces we are still going to pick up. Cade has made some remarks about the offense we'll be running and gets me excited.
Cade is the only thing right now that gives me hope for the offense in terms of improving. He’s a stud. I think All is a great pickup but we had two great tight ends last year and that didn’t matter.

Cade is the only thing right now that gives me hope for the offense in terms of improving. He’s a stud. I think All is a great pickup but we had two great tight ends last year and that didn’t matter.
I think All has great hands and speed. Great blocker too. I'm just waiting on the portal wrs and linemen now.

Iowa has to fix their OL. Plain and simple. You’re right. If Iowa got no other skill position players via the portal but solved the OL issues, assuming everyone stays healthy, they would have okay offensive production.

I would love to see KJ rush for 1,500 yards. That would open up the passing game.

It could be argued this is now the second high-profile recruit Iowa has missed on because of Tommy Boy. Blame NIL all you want, but you can’t convince me the shit show offense that generated national headlines week after week didn’t plant seeds of doubt in Proctor’s mind.

While there may be some debate about Proctor, there should be none about Kyler Kasper. The kid literally tweeted a picture of himself inside Kinnick calling it his future home. Then he saw the 2021 Iowa offense and said “hard pass.”

I know people are upset about losing Proctor, but let’s not lose sight of the real problem. No, it’s not NIL (Iowa will get players they normally wouldn’t because of it). No, it’s not Proctor committing to Alabama (that might be a blessing in disguise if it frees up NIL money to get more players at positions of need). No, it’s not Twitter or message boards (as much as a cesspool both are).

No, it’s none of that. What Iowa has is a Brian Ferentz problem. And given that this upcoming bullshit “evaluation” process is exactly that—bullshit—and nothing of substance is going to change with the coaching staff, you have to wonder what it’s going to take for Iowa to rid itself of its Brian Ferentz problem. Sigh.

Anyhoo, I thought the board needed a break from Proctor talk and to shift its ire where it belongs: on Brian Ferentz.

@natchrlman, I hope you are still planning on bringing me something nice Saturday night. Ho ho ho. 🎅🏻
Complete conjecture on your part and most likely wrong. Your obsession has blurred your vision.

Iowa has to fix their OL. Plain and simple. You’re right. If Iowa got no other skill position players via the portal but solved the OL issues, assuming everyone stays healthy, they would have okay offensive production.

I would love to see KJ rush for 1,500 yards. That would open up the passing game.
That was actually exactly his goal number according to an interview with him.

Dude you must be joking...with this roster?? The elephant in the room that nobody is mentioning is the racial issue that goes to trial in the not to distant future.
That's bf and he'll never see a court room. I think guys like goodson and others have put that to bed awhile ago

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT