ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s shift gears to talking about our favorite subject: Brian Ferentz

With All, McNamara, and the pieces we are still going to pick up i think bf has 2 years and then.. we'll see. It's definitely time to earn his position or be gone. If he wasn't bf he'd have been gone already. We all know that but with Cade etc i think he's going to perform or leave.

With All, McNamara, and the pieces we are still going to pick up i think bf has 2 years and then.. we'll see. It's definitely time to earn his position or be gone. If he wasn't bf he'd have been gone already. We all know that but with Cade etc i think he's going to perform or leave.
So it’s “8 years and then we’ll evaluate” for Brian?

8 f**king years? How pathetic.

#Iowanice huh?

Can you remind me again of the other "pieces"...I think you said 7 total...we are still waiting to get from the portal? A couple WRs and a couple O Linemen?

Thank you.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Can you remind me again of the other "pieces"...I think you said 7 total...we are still waiting to get from the portal? A couple WRs and a couple O Linemen?

Thank you.
Yes, you are right and kf had a goal set before portal season started. I'm not in the loop as my mom had open heart surgery last week and just came home yesterday. Im on sabbatical helping take care of my parents right now. In very ne iowa. If i heard anything I'd post it. Only know teslaa seems like a longer shot than before since he's blown up but still see seth Anderson coming. And heard on here Rouse might be a lineman we are in on.

Reactions: HawkDoggy
BF wasn't even one of the coaches at the latest "terrible " in home visit to KP. Why on earth is the OC not at every visit for the #1 recruit!?

Thank you.
If we get 2 wrs and 2 o lineman that puts us at 6. Then its up in the aur if we take a rb or another wr. I'm not even sure where we sit on scholarships right now with 1 or 2 year signers.

Reactions: HawkDoggy
If we get 2 wrs and 2 o lineman that puts us at 6. Then its up in the aur if we take a rb or another wr. I'm not even sure where we sit on scholarships right now with 1 or 2 year signers.
I’d be surprised if we got more than one offensive lineman and one wide receiver in the portal before spring semester starts. Hope I’m wrong.

I’d be surprised if we got more than one offensive lineman and one wide receiver in the portal before spring semester starts. Hope I’m wrong.
Me too. I mean i hope you're wrong cause i think we really need 2 of each. Im afraid the coaches are expecting a bigger jump by the ol than the fans do.

Reactions: wxhawk
The Ferentz experience should really show everyone at Iowa that providing security in contracts for coaches is an incredibly bad idea. It's detracting from our performance in football. Last year Kirk should have been shaking things up and recruiting his ass off to get the offense back on track from being in the 120's. To have another shit-show that is even worse, and is by all measures historically bad? That gets most coaches at this level fired. We've gotten that plus a heaping side of nepotism and another heaping side of my way or the highway with this offensive system.

For all of Kirk's strengths, you just can't have the offense do this. You can't be this big of a pariah when it comes to wide receivers. You can't be this stuck in the mud on offense. Now it becomes incredibly difficult to turn around. Its on the athletic director to understand these dynamics and make sure that we don't reach this point. Standing pat with the offensive staff is malpractice and should be a request that is ignored. At a minimum the AD needs to fire underperforming offensive staff and the OC for this and a good AD should conduct the coaching search. Kirk pushed his chips all in last season. He shouldn't get to call these shots. Gary doesn't have this kind of vision - there needs to be pressure to remove him ASAP.

The Ferentz experience should really show everyone at Iowa that providing security in contracts for coaches is an incredibly bad idea. It's detracting from our performance in football. Last year Kirk should have been shaking things up and recruiting his ass off to get the offense back on track from being in the 120's. To have another shit-show that is even worse, and is by all measures historically bad? That gets most coaches at this level fired. We've gotten that plus a heaping side of nepotism and another heaping side of my way or the highway with this offensive system.

For all of Kirk's strengths, you just can't have the offense do this. You can't be this big of a pariah when it comes to wide receivers. You can't be this stuck in the mud on offense. Now it becomes incredibly difficult to turn around. Its on the athletic director to understand these dynamics and make sure that we don't reach this point. Standing pat with the offensive staff is malpractice and should be a request that is ignored. At a minimum the AD needs to fire underperforming offensive staff and the OC for this and a good AD should conduct the coaching search. Kirk pushed his chips all in last season. He shouldn't get to call these shots. Gary doesn't have this kind of vision - there needs to be pressure to remove him ASAP.
I can't disagree with anything you've posted. Solid.

Another podcast, Swarmcast, stated they thought things changed with Proctor in October with how the iowa offense was doing. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
There are things we know about KF, and these things have not changed. He believes in what he is doing, he values trust over all other things and he believes in consistency and continuity.

I don't recall KF ever firing a coach during the season, and the season isn't over. Bowl game prep and the game itself are important to him.

At no time did I believe that there would be a coaching shake-up in December if the Hawks made it to a bowl.

But, I still absolutely believe there will be changes after the bowl game. I also believe that those changes have already been determined and they are waiting to complete the season before they are announced.

I guess there is nothing any of us can do except wait and see,

🤷‍♂️

Reactions: sober_teacher
Tommy Boy took the reins in 2017:

227-C974-C-965-A-4196-A974-A42-E816-E792-A.jpg

Make all the injuries/youth/bad luck excuses you’d like, but every other other program in this country would have fired the person/persons responsible for these results by now.

Tommy Boy took the reins in 2017:

227-C974-C-965-A-4196-A974-A42-E816-E792-A.jpg

Make all the injuries/youth/bad luck excuses you’d like, but every other other program in this country would have fired the person/persons responsible for these results by now.

Looks like were about ready for another up swing...

Reflect deeper? Lol. Why? I can acknowledge that Kirk has glaring weaknesses, but his strengths far exceed them.

Yes, the Brian Ferentz experiment has been an abject failure and Kirk should have never promoted him to OC. I get it, obviously. But that still doesn’t take away from the many good things Ferentz has accomplished in his career at Iowa.
Kirk has a number of admirable traits and is a great ambassador for the University of Iowa. Bad contract move by Barta is an understatement. I have no problem with Kirk finishing out his contract but only if he truly becomes the CEO of Iowa FB and pursues an OC who can bring an innovative and productive offense to Iowa. And, Kirk needs to stay the hell out of his way.

Has anyone ever thought that maybe this is a Mary Ferentz problem? Kirk can’t send Brian packing because he has to go home to Mary every night. Would any of you be able to fire your son and go home every day to the mother of that same son who probably made Kirk hire him in the first place?

I’m sure Kirk knows his kid is a terrible offensive coordinator but it’s easier for him to do nothing about it and we all know that barta is going to do nothing about it as well.

Reactions: mikesright
In reality, Brian is not as bad as people say he is (I still don't think he should be the OC and think the nepotism stuff is just a bad look). Could they have someone do better? Yes. But there are things that are outside of playcalling that have been the main issues. One scheme. Most of what they do is too easy to defend and that is on KF for putting parameters on what he wants and the #2 thing is players. They have done tremendous on the defensive side of the ball recruiting at a very high rate where guys graduate and someone steps right in. on offense they have issues with WR recruiting and retention, OL recruiting and retention and QB recruiting. I don't care who the OC is, if you have major issues with OL, QB and WR, you aren't going to be successful.
I don't know why people thought the OL was going to be good this year. I said before the season that they were too young and inexperienced to be good yet and they needed at least another year. And QB was obviously going to be bad.
Brian's first few years they were above average in offensive efficiency. Even with poor QB play in 20 they could mask it because of a good line and running game but once those went away you are left with just an empty shell of an offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT