ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s talk Macrobrews

Only you people would F up what should be an awesome old school beer thread with takes on your favorite German imports and Mexican beers. JFC.

Old School American Beers:

Pabst Blue Ribbon
Schlitz
Old Style
Hamm's
Grain Belt
Coors
Ranier
Budweiser
Schmidt
Lone Star
Olympia - production has been paused
Yuengling - Sorry, not a huge fan

Honorable Mention to Shiner Bock. Probably the best of the bunch but doesn't always fall into this category and is viewed as a micro beer even though it has been around for over 100 years.

American Light Beers

Miller Lite (did you know this is actually Meister Brau Light?)
Michelob Light (not Ultra and still available in Missouri)
Hamm's Light
Busch Lite
Michelob Golden Light (Golden Rules! Available in Minnesota and the Dakotas)
High Life Light
Bud Light
Michelob Ultra
Natural Light (honestly could be higher on the list)
Coors Light
Keystone Light

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Only you people would F up what should be an awesome old school beer thread with takes on your favorite German imports and Mexican beers. JFC.
Olympia - production has been paused
giphy.gif

I have an unsophisticated beer palette. I don't like any beer that you can taste too much. Mainly wheat beers, North American light beers, and a few full North American beers. I drink mostly light beers for calorie/carb reasons, so I drink Ultra and Miller Light the most.

These are all the beers I am very happy to drink...

Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen
Blue Moon
(most other hefes and unfiltered wheat beers)
Blue Moon Light Sky
Miller Light
Michelob Ultra
Corona Premier
Labatts Blue Light
Labatts Blue
Molson Canadian
Busch Light
Modelo

Almost every place I go around me has Ultra or Lite, so that's what I drink the most. A regular place of mine has Corona Premier on draft and a 24oz draft is pretty crushable actually, I enjoy that on a hot day. When I was in the Dominican I crushed a ton of Presidente and Presidente Light and enjoyed that a lot.

Occasionally I'll try a random wheat beer somewhere if it sounds good.

Honestly, as I've been drinking almost all watery light beers for the last couple years, I find even having a couple Blue Moons or other full wheat beers kind of makes me feel shitty later in the night or the next day. Weak.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
ADVERTISEMENT