ADVERTISEMENT

Let's discuss the cardinal rules of life.

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
There was a blurb mentioning cardinal rules on the Score yesterday.
I'll start with one of the most important: Never make the first or third out of an inning at 3rd base.
What do you have? This doesn't have to be a baseball rule to be brought up. Never date a stripper is also a good cardinal rule in life.

fca7e2f6-3287-4060-bbc4-d31d9307dea7_text.gif

As my ole buddy Jerry would say, “It takes money to drink liquor and ride the train.”

1. When you shake hands, look a man in the eye.
2. You can lose your job, your house, your family, and they can put you in jail, but they can never take away your education.
3. Giving someone your word is powerful. When penniless, it is the only thing you can give someone that has great value.
4. Unless no other choice, be kind.

I always told my sons that "nothing good ever happens after midnight."

They didn't listen.
My dad said the same. His sex talk to me was the following:

“if all you ever do is pee out of it, you’ll be just fine.”

He was right about both!

You can tell a lot about a person by the company they keep.
The early bird gets the worm.
Nobody said life would be fair.
Don’t lie, it just makes things worse.

As young boys creating mayhem, my old man scolded us and preached “Don’t tear it up just because you can.”
When asked what she did at work, my mom who taught journalism and American Lit for decades, said that daily she “Bends willing minds.”

My ole buddy Foohey told us not to sweat the nickel dime shit.
Paul T always said that family would @#%$* you when no one else would.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
My dad's sex talk one morning while sitting in my car consisted solely of "Don't get in trouble. You KNOW what I mean." I did know what he meant.
My old man would give us that look. You knew what he meant. Years later, one of my buddies told me he was scared to death of my old man. Surprised me, but Pops was a big ole boy who spoke his peace.

• Love
Reactions: NDallasRuss
Always tell the truth, you never have to worry about remembering the lies you’ve told.

It takes a lifetime building up your credibility and only a couple minutes to destroy it. Do the right thing.

When you walk out that door for the evening, don’t forget what your last name is and when you return home, make sure it is intact and in the same condition.

Reactions: Urohawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT