ADVERTISEMENT

Let's discuss women and their shopping habits.

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
A bunch of the hot moms were talking about all the great deals they got over the weekend, and how much money they saved by buying things on sale.
Look, nothing is on sale right now. There are a few items retailers are enticing you to shop with, but, they are making money at this time of the year. It's like my MIL a few years ago. She and the wife went on a day long safari at Coral Ridge and the MIL was seeking validation over all the things the wife bought, and how she'd secured some great deals. When I mentioned that it isn't really saying money to buy things you didn't really need she acted like I'd just dropped my pants and dropped a turd on the kitchen floor.

Reactions: dekhawk
A bunch of the hot moms were talking about all the great deals they got over the weekend, and how much money they saved by buying things on sale.
Look, nothing is on sale right now. There are a few items retailers are enticing you to shop with, but, they are making money at this time of the year. It's like my MIL a few years ago. She and the wife went on a day long safari at Coral Ridge and the MIL was seeking validation over all the things the wife bought, and how she'd secured some great deals. When I mentioned that it isn't really saying money to buy things you didn't really need she acted like I'd just dropped my pants and dropped a turd on the kitchen floor.

If they were buying Christmas gifts then they were in fact buying things they were going to buy anyway.

Reactions: goldmom

d969cfd0-bba4-42a4-94ab-d25a5b4ee6a9_text.gif

Reactions: mnole03
I hear either “it was only $xx” or “it was on sale”, or “I’m returning it” on almost a daily basis. I think she just likes the excitement of opening a box everyday.

It’s almost as annoying as when I catch her cleaning to prep for the cleaning lady she just had to hire.

Last edited:
Reactions: TarponSpringsNole

It’s only “saving money” if it’s something you’ve been planking to buy. I’ve told her this a million times, but it still hasn’t sunk in.I have no room to talk this year though…I dropped some cash today. But, too my credit I planned to buy it.

My wife has a pretty interesting shopping habit right now. Orders something from Amazon, gets excited when it’s delivered, doesn’t like it, returns it to our local Whole Foods for a refund. Her return rate has to be 90%

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
When the Frau tells me how much money she saved buying whatever unneeded crap she bought because she got a "great" deal. I always think....."I know a way you could saved a lot more money".

But it makes her happy so I shut up and color....and pay that TJ Max credit card off.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
So my wife never really liked going into stores to go shopping. So for a while I thought I had lucked out by marrying the one woman who wasn't super into shopping.

Then Amazon came into our lives.

Now we are getting regular packages all of the time. I usually have no idea what's in it. She will tell me if I ask unless it's a birthday/Christmas gift for me.

To be fair though I will say Amazon does overall increase my enjoyment of the holidays. My main problem was I always hated going out shopping and seeing people turn into douchebags over crap like parking spaces and things like that. Did not like reading the news every year about 3 or 4 people being trampled in some black friday rush to get low priced TV's.

Now I don't have to go out, and I havn't heard anything about people being trampled to death on black friday in several years.

Wife is the poster child for shopaholic. Amazon or Target online packages every day, shopping at box stores when ever she can and is still her preferred method of shopping. The "I saved this much money" is a running joke in my house and with our friends and family. I knew who she was when I married her and that hasn't changed.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Wife is the poster child for shopaholic. Amazon or Target online packages every day, shopping at box stores when ever she can and is still her preferred method of shopping. The "I saved this much money" is a running joke in my house and with our friends and family. I knew who she was when I married her and that hasn't changed.
So you get to return packages to UPS or USPS?

I get to do that once or twice a week :(

Reactions: beanerhawk

no she does it herself. the post office is not far from our house and she works from home so it's easy for her to stop by there once a week or so.

plus she knows that would annoy me to have to do it, and she isn't going to upset the apple cart. she knows she has a good thing and is smart enough to not mess it up.

no she does it herself. the post office is not far from our house and she works from home so it's easy for her to stop by there once a week or so.

plus she knows that would annoy me to have to do it, and she isn't going to upset the apple cart. she knows she has a good thing and is smart enough to not mess it up.
You're a lucky man...I'm jealous. :)

I'm obviously a abused spouse...

My wife just enjoys shopping. Doesn't really matter what for. Even at the grocery store, if we need a bottle of ranch she'll buy 3. Even the stuff we don't use that much. When I point out this habit had led to us running out of pantry space and food spoiling, she acts like I kicked a puppy. Amazon "deals" on clothing has led to our massive walk in closet being not enough space. We now have several stacks of her clothes overflowed onto our tub.

But I've also spent thousands on a whiskey collection in the last few years. At least we still have room for every thing I've bought.

You can return amazon crap at most Kohls also. They give you a coupon for Kohls, which most returners toss in the trash in front of the person who gave said coupon. I have no idea how Kohls is in business.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
You can return amazon crap at most Kohls also. They give you a coupon for Kohls, which most returners toss in the trash in front of the person who gave said coupon. I have no idea how Kohls is in business.
Kohl's cash is marketing genius. I get sucked into repeated rounds of buying something, earning cash, spending it, earning more cash, spending it, earning more cash until I finally realize that I'm in a vicious cycle and I have to walk away from the "free" money they are giving.

Was in Kohls on Sunday morning in Coralville, the lines for the returns were insane. The store was very busy but also a mess. Like they hadn't even cleaned up the racks from the day before. Very strange.

My wife (no pics) has no shopping habit whatsoever. She really does not like shopping to begin with, but if she has to, she'll agonize over every purchase that she does make. It doesn't matter if it's $500 or $5. Even though her parents are well-off (F-I-L passed away in 2021), they are some of the cheapest people I've ever met, so I think it might be genetics that led her to be this way.

My concern is not that she'll inundate us with tons of useless/needless/redundant items, but rather the few things she does purchase will be of very low quality....a by-product of her tendency to pick the absolute cheapest items. Thankfully, she has no issues returning many of those purchases.

I don't ask. Things come and go. I don't concern myself with it.
I did buy new skis and boots last week. Probably spent more than she did in November just on that purchase.

I was curious about this thread. I have a policy to simply accept women, not try to figure them out, and try not to judge on things like shopping habits. The best idea ever is putting sofas and recliners in stores, and just outside mall stores in the common areas, where women can park their men while they shop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT