ADVERTISEMENT

Let's face it. The last three years of KF'S MAC

Hawk68

HB MVP
Oct 1, 2001
level recruiting has left us in the precarious position of having very little depth. His decision in January to choose CJ was great which added chemistry and grit to our team, But when the number ones go down, there are just too few number twos. I do think our recruiting is starting to get better. I also think we will win enough games this year to get a good bowl bid.

level recruiting has left us in the precarious position of having very little depth. His decision in January to choose CJ was great which added chemistry and grit to our team, But when the number ones go down, there are just too few number twos. I do think our recruiting is starting to get better. I also think we will win enough games this year to get a good bowl bid.
Are you super drunk? I sure hope so bc it is far better than the alternative explanation

Reactions: rivercityjazzman
Iowa is never going to the have the plug and play depth of TOSU or Michigan, So injuries do hurt, Instead of focusing on what we don't have (blue chip depth), Look at what has transpired, Reserves have stepped up and played big roles in helping the team stay unbeaten to this point. I am pleased with how the "depth" has helped the team so far this year.

68, give it a rest man. 6-0 baby!

Few teams have enough depth to replace two tackles. Croston played better this past week and Daniels is a four star who OSU offered, he'll be better this week. What about Jerminic Smith, great game for a true freshman? Kittle lightly recruited but has three TD's in consecutive games. Hesse forced the late fumble to give us the nine point lead.

Iowa rivals. Where people predict 5-7 and are pissed off after 6-0. It's just not good enough.

My 8-4 prediction looks a little weak right about now as well. I was so close to going with 9-3. I guess if I have to be wrong that's the way to miss.

Yes, Iowa wishes...we all wish - the depth was better. I'm trying to remember exactly when Iowa had depth to replace two tackles with little to no dropoff at any point during the Ferentz era.

In fact, I'd like to know the number of schools who could do that and have little to no dropoff. I'm betting that list would be at most 10-12 schools.

Here's how I look at it. It's a lot easier to stomach 6-0 and lacking depth than 3-3 and lacking depth. And half this board probably though Iowa would be 3-3 after 6 games regardless what the depth chart looked like anyway.

Iowa's recruiting has been and probably always will be a function of winning.

However, even when the Hawks recruit well - that doesn't necessarily equate to victories. Like any good teacher, Ferentz will always value hard work and toughness over self-absorbed talent. Ferentz's most successful teams ALWAYS are tough guys who have bought into his selfless brand of football.

If you really carefully look at Iowa's recruiting ... the Hawks have had many classes that looked quite decent on paper. However, what has undermined them has been attrition and injuries. Some of the attrition has been due to past coaches (like Coach Kaz), while other attrition has been attributable to guys who assume that just because they're better athletes ... that they should be playing over other guys (like Cameron Wilson and Derrick Willies).

As the meerkat has been showing us this year - the coaches weren't on crack with their evaluation of his abilities.

Dear Penthouse - The Hawkeye's recently had a player injured....

Wanna get away?

Iowa rivals. Where people predict 5-7 and are pissed off after 6-0. It's just not good enough.

Yeah there are a few posters , I wont call out there names, that were very vocal preseason and seem to be no where to be found now? One was very surprising to me cause he or she was very positive on here the last 7 years but just lost his faith in KF?

Yeah there are a few posters , I wont call out there names, that were very vocal preseason and seem to be no where to be found now? One was very surprising to me cause he or she was very positive on here the last 7 years but just lost his faith in KF?
I would have much more respect if they popped in, admitted they were wrong, said something positive, some have done that...many have not....

I would have much more respect if they popped in, admitted they were wrong, said something positive, some have done that...many have not....

i know I said a few weeks ago that I would eat some crow and would love to continue to eat more crow. Kudos to KF and staff as well as the players. They have brought excitement back to Hawkeye football.....hopefully the coaches can parlay this years success on the field to success on the recruiting trail.

i know I said a few weeks ago that I would eat some crow and would love to continue to eat more crow. Kudos to KF and staff as well as the players. They have brought excitement back to Hawkeye football.....hopefully the coaches can parlay this years success on the field to success on the recruiting trail.
They were talking about a top-rated recruit in the junior class listed as an overall ATH was interested in Iowa and wants to see how the Hawks do this year.

Reactions: herecomethehawkeyes
This is the thinnest I've seen us on the Oline for quite a while. What the hell happened to Ryan Ward?

That's really the only place were hurting.

To have the 3rd/4th string back go for 4 TDs on the road at a top 20 opponent is a pretty good indication of depth at that position.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT