ADVERTISEMENT

LETS GET FIRED UP!

IRONBIRD

HR MVP
Dec 2, 2010
I'm already fired up for this match. Many many predictions, breakdowns, analysis of matches etc.... Good for us, good for wrestling. Having the T n T story after is an added bonus.

So we are actually underdogs right now in 7 outa 10 weights I guess, but I believe we have good shots to win 9 outa 10 with Assad having a punchers chance.

Here is what the HAWKS need to do(yea I know, no sh*t-bird) We need to win one out of the first three matches. If I was a betting man, I would bet we do this. Man would I love to see us run 3 in a row to start this as Carver explodes!

But if we get 1 and then real off 3 wins from 149, 157, and 165, which I believe we do, we then need only 1 out of the next 4 to be at 5 matches a piece. Now of course bonus will be huge and i have Young as the man to get it for us. I also feel pretty good about getting 2 of four from 174, 184, 197, and Heavy.

LETS FRIGIN GO!!!!!

So if you could choose which weight to start at, which would it be? I'm going with 157. Have Young start us off and then get Bull out there as quickly as possible to make up for last weekend and ride the momentum!!!

I'm already fired up for this match. Many many predictions, breakdowns, analysis of matches etc.... Good for us, good for wrestling. Having the T n T story after is an added bonus.

So we are actually underdogs right now in 7 outa 10 weights I guess, but I believe we have good shots to win 9 outa 10 with Assad having a punchers chance.

Here is what the HAWKS need to do(yea I know, no sh*t-bird) We need to win one out of the first three matches. If I was a betting man, I would bet we do this. Man would I love to see us run 3 in a row to start this as Carver explodes!

But if we get 1 and then real off 3 wins from 149, 157, and 165, which I believe we do, we then need only 1 out of the next 4 to be at 5 matches a piece. Now of course bonus will be huge and i have Young as the man to get it for us. I also feel pretty good about getting 2 of four from 174, 184, 197, and Heavy.

LETS FRIGIN GO!!!!!
LETS FIGGIN GO IS RIGHT!!!
I am super pumped for this meet tonight
Now you got me more pumped IRONBIRD
LETS GO HAWKS!!

I'm going with 157. Have Young start us off and then get Bull out there
The closer to weigh in the better for two guys purportedly sucking a good bit of weight? I don't think so.

If the coaches don't agree to 125 and Coach Brands wins the coin toss, then I think he'd more likely do the opposite by starting at 174.

The closer to weigh in the better for two guys purportedly sucking a good bit of weight? I don't think so.

If the coaches don't agree to 125 and Coach Brands wins the coin toss, then I think he'd more likely do the opposite by starting at 174.
If both coaches don't agree to 125, they draw the weight class. Then it's all in the luck of the draw to where we start.

Eierman always talks about wanting to wrestle in Carver on the big stage. Well, here we are...
YES we need Eierman tonight. Hope whatever funk he has been in is long gone!
If both coaches don't agree to 125, they draw the weight class. Then it's all in the luck of the draw to where we start.
Yes this is correct, and I believe some one also said 174 which is where I would want to start. Have the KemDawg start us off with a small upset and get the crowd roaring! I do believe they will agree to start at 125 though.
I’m so excited/nervous that I wanna throw up!
made me LOL
The stage couldn’t be set any bigger for JE than this right here tonight!
Time to let the fur fly!!!

That’s not how it is done anymore.
Rule 3, Section 8, Article 1 of the 2021-22 and 2022-23 Rules Book (pg 23):

Section 8. Determining Wrestling Order — Dual Meets
Art. 1. Protocol. Immediately after the weigh-in for a dual meet or multiple dual
meets conducted on the same day, coaches may mutually agree to determine the starting weight class for the matches. If coaches cannot agree on the starting weight class, they will execute a coin toss. All dual meet team pairings that are at weigh-ins, and cannot agree on the starting weight class, shall complete the coin toss at weigh-ins for each dual meet held that day. The winner of the coin toss will have the choice to select either the starting weight class or the odd/ even matches. Whichever selection is made by the coach who wins the coin toss, the opposing coach will receive the remaining option. The home team coach is responsible for notifying game management and the referee of each team's selection. Once the first weight class is established, subsequent matches will continue in the traditional sequence of increasing weight class order. See Rule 3.12.2 for odd/even selection and choice of position protocols when the coaches agree on the starting weight class.

I'm trying to g
That’s not how it is done anymore.
Rule 3, Section 8, Article 1 of the 2021-22 and 2022-23 Rules Book (pg 23):

Section 8. Determining Wrestling Order — Dual Meets
Art. 1. Protocol. Immediately after the weigh-in for a dual meet or multiple dual
meets conducted on the same day, coaches may mutually agree to determine the starting weight class for the matches. If coaches cannot agree on the starting weight class, they will execute a coin toss. All dual meet team pairings that are at weigh-ins, and cannot agree on the starting weight class, shall complete the coin toss at weigh-ins for each dual meet held that day. The winner of the coin toss will have the choice to select either the starting weight class or the odd/ even matches. Whichever selection is made by the coach who wins the coin toss, the opposing coach will receive the remaining option. The home team coach is responsible for notifying game management and the referee of each team's selection. Once the first weight class is established, subsequent matches will continue in the traditional sequence of increasing weight class order. See Rule 3.12.2 for odd/even selection and choice of position protocols when the coaches agree on the starting weight class.
Interesting, thanks for sharing. I hadn't seen a flip after the first period all year and had been curious- is wrestler choice all even-odd now?

I totally think the home team should get to pick the order of competition, and not go ascending weights.

Win coin toss? We’d start at 125 prolly.

Reactions: GoHawks1996
I'm trying to g

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I hadn't seen a flip after the first period all year and had been curious- is wrestler choice all even-odd now?

I totally think the home team should get to pick the order of competition, and not go ascending weights.
Yeah, it’s odd-even. Win the coin toss after weigh-ins, and you get choice of starting weight or odd-even (2nd period) choice. You choose weight, other coach chooses odd-even (or vice versa).

Yeah, it’s odd-even. Win the coin toss after weigh-ins, and you get choice of starting weight or odd-even (2nd period) choice. You choose weight, other coach chooses odd-even (or vice versa).
only if they can't agree on a weight to start.

Reactions: slushhead
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT