ADVERTISEMENT

Let's give Roger Goodell a little credit as we await the beginning of the NFL's season.

lucas80

HB King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
He's blowing the doors off the season opening weekend by giving us games on Thursday and Friday night that are very compelling, and he's continuing to expand the NFL's marketing power by putting a premier game in Brazil tomorrow night. The NFL is pretty much leading the way when it comes to putting their games on alternative platforms, too.
Sure, he lets the Cowboys continue to suck, but overall I'm a fan of his product.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Not sure how much credit he gets for the Brazil money-grab. It seems like a lot of the players don't like it, after being told that it's not safe for them to leave their hotel while they're there - except to go to the game.

Reactions: sober_teacher
You speak like this is a bug, but for most of us this is a feature.
At least I got to have the 90s...

images

bb91d9ae76c94ecebc1987bd4b0f7fb4

images

images

Not sure how much credit he gets for the Brazil money-grab. It seems like a lot of the players don't like it, after being told that it's not safe for them to leave their hotel while they're there - except to go to the game.
Well, they can take it up with their union rep. We're all watching, and the league is making money.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Never understood the hate for Goodell. I only guess it has something to do with people pining for the old days when a player would get knocked out, given smelling salts and sent back onto the field.

with a thread title like that, how could i not click?

you should work for the nfl

Separately, can someone tell me what on earth this guy was doing working for an nfl team to begin with given his obvious disdain for the whole product?
If he was hired when Snyder was still the owner it makes total sense.

Reactions: lucas80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT