ADVERTISEMENT

Let's go Vikings!

Drew Brees will pick them apart.

Of course I thought Matt Ryan would outduel freaking Nick Foles as well, so I’m wrong a lot. ;)

I’d say that’s unlikely, while acknowledging that Brees is a great QB.

If the Saints are going to win, their best bet is to use both RB’s creatively, while putting a heavy focus on the run. If they can’t run with success, Brees will hover around 200 yards with 1 or zero TD’s, maybe higher with garbage time. The best way to beat this Vikings D is to find a way to run for 4+ yards on 1st, and keep most 3rd downs less than 3 yards.

If I’m right, just pm me with whatever week you’d like me to bring my expert analysis to your podcast.

Reactions: m.stoops2013
I’d say that’s unlikely, while acknowledging that Brees is a great QB.

If the Saints are going to win, their best bet is to use both RB’s creatively, while putting a heavy focus on the run. If they can’t run with success, Brees will hover around 200 yards with 1 or zero TD’s, maybe higher with garbage time. The best way to beat this Vikings D is to find a way to run for 4+ yards on 1st, and keep most 3rd downs less than 3 yards.

If I’m right, just pm me with whatever week you’d like me to bring my expert analysis to your podcast.
We have a very strong policy of not allowing expert analysis on the 12 Saturdays podcast but I appreciate the offer.

I sincerely hope you're all sad this evening. That includes TBW.

tenor.gif

Reactions: JWolf74 and torbee
We have a very strong policy of not allowing expert analysis on the 12 Saturdays podcast but I appreciate the offer.

Fair enough. It’s barely analysis, so there’s that.

I’ll wait for the snarky, ranting, condescending episode, or possibly the one that highlights Iowans on vacation/compares and contrasts major metropolitan areas. That’s a better fit anyway.

Reactions: JWolf74 and torbee
Since the Bears aren't in it again, I've been a dispassionate observer of the playoffs. I think it's funny to see the various fans getting ripped up inside about bad officiating. That being said, the refs are just jobbing the Saints today.

Barf. A lot of Viking fans have come out of the woodwork where I live and the ones I am currently sitting by don’t know shit about football. I stopped to grab a bite to eat and there are about 20 guys doing play by play for the joint. SKOL is code for bandwagon fans, correct?

Barf. A lot of Viking fans have come out of the woodwork where I live and the ones I am currently sitting by don’t know shit about football. I stopped to grab a bite to eat and there are about 20 guys doing play by play for the joint. SKOL is code for bandwagon fans, correct?

If it’s typed, it may be a fan. If it’s yelled at a bar? Bandwagon af

Reactions: jellyfish10
Well, this is going about the exact opposite of how I expected so far (low scoring rock fight).

Note - not a Vikings fan, have no dog in this fight, and Vikings-Eagles appeals to me because a winless Super Bowl team will make it. But I've been on the Saints all year, and am surprised they came out jelly side down here.

I've always said if they didn't win it all with that 98 team then they never will. I hope they make me eat crow. I so want to buy in but yet I keep wondering how they will screw it up and break my heart yet again.
This is how I feel too.

If it’s typed, it may be a fan. If it’s yelled at a bar? Bandwagon af

Pretty sure this is the first Vikings game some of these guys have watched since Tommy Kramer was under center. I know some cool Vikes fans and I am sure there are some that post here, there just seems to be an unusual amount that have just sort of appeared. But IDGAF! I’m a Patriots fan bitches!

Reactions: seminoleed
Pretty sure this is the first Vikings game some of these guys have watched since Tommy Kramer was under center. I know some cool Vikes fans and I am sure there are some that post here, there just seems to be an unusual amount that have just sort of appeared. But IDGAF! I’m a Patriots fan bitches!

I don't mind bandwagon fans as long as they admit it. The one's who know nothing about the sport but insist they've been a big fan for years drives me nuts. I was at a Superbowl party once where this dude claimed to have been a big Packers fan his whole life. He would then proceed to say stupid shit like yell, "Interception!" when there was a fumble, had no real knowledge of the rules, etc. I thought about calling him out on it but I was more focused hitting on a girl that was there so I didn't want to ruin the mojo.

Reactions: jellyfish10
Since the Bears aren't in it again, I've been a dispassionate observer of the playoffs. I think it's funny to see the various fans getting ripped up inside about bad officiating. That being said, the refs are just jobbing the Saints today.

Balancing the scales

Reactions: Moral
I don't mind bandwagon fans as long as they admit it. The one's who know nothing about the sport but insist they've been a big fan for years drives me nuts. I was at a Superbowl party once where this dude claimed to have been a big Packers fan his whole life. He would then proceed to say stupid shit like yell, "Interception!" when there was a fumble, had no real knowledge of the rules, etc. I thought about calling him out on it but I was more focused hitting on a girl that was there so I didn't want to ruin the mojo.

That’s the problem with most bandwagoners...they are the last ones to know.

Question for Vikes fans, if they make the Superbowl here what do you do with Bridgewater? Keenum looks pretty damn good right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT