ADVERTISEMENT

Let's have an airing of minor pet peeves that your spouse/significant displays that irritates you.

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
First off, your spouse/significant other, not mine. It's in the title.
Mrs. Lucas asked me to pick up mixed nuts at Hy-Vee a week ago. I came home and opened the cupboard door to put them away, and there were two cans in there already. I picked them up, gave them a shake, and after opening them found about a half an inch of filberts and pecans in each one. So, I poured the contents of one of them into the other, and put in the fresh container. When I went to the store today mixed nuts was again on the list. When I got home the same two containers were in the cupboard. The one I'd consolidated, and the "new" one I'd bought last week, with nothing but filberts and pecans in it.
I asked the wife if I should just buy her big containers of peanuts, almonds, and cashews. Kind of a passive aggressive thing I guess, but she didn't pick up on it, and just told me to get walnuts, too.

Shit is always moved. It's like looking for a easter basket everyday. Just a total waste of my time. Even the living room furniture moves all the time.
This.
She doesn't even remember where she moves the shit she moves. She'll ask me "Do you know where I moved the gas bill?"
Why did you move the gas bill? Why don't we keep all the bills in one place? What was special about the gas bill that you moved it someplace different?
She sometimes goes on these kicks where she decides that things are "messy" and she just starts putting stuff out of sight. But there's no rhyme or reason for where she puts things and she immediately forgets what she puts where. So everything that was out is lost.
Each day this month I've had to search for my wallet and keys because she's be decorating for halloween and she keeps moving the key tray, and changing what the key tray is. I'm mostly used to it after ~25 years but it's still insane.
I keep losing my pocket knife because she puts it 'away.' I've lost it for a year or more at a time. I'll just randomly come across it again and then one day it will be gone again. One of them has been lost for about 3 years now. Who knows when that one will turn up.

Shit is always moved. It's like looking for a easter basket everyday. Just a total waste of my time. Even the living room furniture moves all the time.

GDML, this. I keep my tools and other things in the garage that I don't need to use on a day to day basis in the garage. EVERY damn time I need something on a moments notice, I go out there to find something I truly need to fix something for the better of the family.....and it has been moved. Not just moved, but behind a bunch of shit that is never used. I think I had a mild stroke once being so pissed off. Seeing colors out of one eye.

I bite my tounge.

My wife is terrible at saving money. She doesn’t keep any debt, thank god, but the amount she contributes to savings is truly pathetic given what she makes. It’s amazing how much worthless crap she can buy from amazon.

I share the pain with the ppl who cannot find their stuff due to it being “put away”. I was remodeling our bathroom and she would take my tools out to the garage and throw them in random plastic totes, while I was working. To make matters worse, she will throw just about anything in the trash. So every time I go to search for something I cannot find, there’s a good chance it is in a landfill somewhere.

My wife is terrible at saving money. She doesn’t keep any debt, thank god, but the amount she contributes to savings is truly pathetic given what she makes. It’s amazing how much worthless crap she can buy from amazon.

I share the pain with the ppl who cannot find their stuff due to it being “put away”. I was remodeling our bathroom and she would take my tools out to the garage and throw them in random plastic totes, while I was working. To make matters worse, she will throw just about anything in the trash. So every time I go to search for something I cannot find, there’s a good chance it is in a landfill somewhere.
lol, when we moved my wife "decluttered." That included throwing out a nice new chef's knife I had just bought because "we already have knives in the block."

Usually talking. Way to much.

73485468ef3e940da3e543fc7b02deb7--saturday-night-live-anniversary.jpg

“Day and night she talks. Each word more useless than the next.”

Last edited:

Severals times I’ve been getting ready to leave on a business trip, and I spend five or ten minutes looking for a watch, wallet, keys etc, only to discover she thoughtfully placed them on top of my suitcase to “save me time.”

That’s great, honey, if you would just tell me you did it.

First off, your spouse/significant other, not mine. It's in the title.
Mrs. Lucas asked me to pick up mixed nuts at Hy-Vee a week ago. I came home and opened the cupboard door to put them away, and there were two cans in there already. I picked them up, gave them a shake, and after opening them found about a half an inch of filberts and pecans in each one. So, I poured the contents of one of them into the other, and put in the fresh container. When I went to the store today mixed nuts was again on the list. When I got home the same two containers were in the cupboard. The one I'd consolidated, and the "new" one I'd bought last week, with nothing but filberts and pecans in it.
I asked the wife if I should just buy her big containers of peanuts, almonds, and cashews. Kind of a passive aggressive thing I guess, but she didn't pick up on it, and just told me to get walnuts, too.
You're wife has a penis problem according to your post.

Buying crap we don't need, only because it's on sale.

And having the ability to fall asleep within seconds of going to bed. I lay there for an hour before falling asleep, she's out cold within seconds.

This is a timely thread. I got home tonight and my wife asks me “are you trying to teach me a lesson?” I give her the confused terrier look. She shows me her ring finger - wedding rings are missing. Apparently she took them off and she doesn’t know where she put them.

My wife is a much, much better person than me. I own that fact. She finally got a clue into me when I cry every damn time I watch Field of Dreams or Hoosiers. I'm not ashamed to be the crier in the relationship.

That being said.....Raise your hand if you can't handle spouse watching Hallmark channel movies all the time.

Reactions: BelemNole
My wife is a much, much better person than me. I own that fact. She finally got a clue into me when I cry every damn time I watch Field of Dreams or Hoosiers. I'm not ashamed to be the crier in the relationship.

That being said.....Raise your hand if you can't handle spouse watching Hallmark channel movies all the time.
Hallmark movies are proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy

How much of your life is spent listening to your wife tell you about all of the wrongs that were committed against her that day by co-workers, friends, etc.? Is it just me, or is it typically the first fifteen minutes of every evening?
Whoever marries my youngest daughter is going to have to deal with this times 10. So negative. All she does is bitch.

You have a much better chance of getting laid with her watching that channel and if you actually watch one of those chick flicks with her.

Here is a timely one. She thinks I need to stop posting on HROT to got deal with a gigantic spider in the bathroom off of the laundry room. Spiders are not my job.

Ok so the real biggest pet peeve is his complete inability to put a dish into the dishwasher. I can leave it open and completely empty and he will walk past it to put it into the sink. Ooh or maybe the fact that on the rare occasion he actually cooks something he uses 495 dishes that all must be washed even if they were only used to measure water.

Ok so the real biggest pet peeve is his complete inability to put a dish into the dishwasher. I can leave it open and completely empty and he will walk past it to put it into the sink. Ooh or maybe the fact that on the rare occasion he actually cooks something he uses 495 dishes that all must be washed even if they were only used to measure water.

I refuse to put a dish in the dishwasher, as well. But only because the minute I do she will complain that I placed it incorrectly.

Here is a timely one. She thinks I need to stop posting on HROT to got deal with a gigantic spider in the bathroom off of the laundry room. Spiders are not my job.

Mine is the bug killer in our house. They freak her out so badly she attacks them mercilessly, screaming and cursing at them. It’s one of her finer features.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT