ADVERTISEMENT

Let's have an airing of minor pet peeves that your spouse/significant displays that irritates you.

I refuse to put a dish in the dishwasher, as well. But only because the minute I do she will complain that I placed it incorrectly.
Oh, I have had my loading pattern critiqued and optimized many, many times.

In case you were curious, that spider was Florida big. It was about as big across as an Eisenhower silver dollar.

We had some issues with the wok. I had encouraged to use as high of heat as we could, naturally, it being a wok and all. She would follow these food blog recipes for stir fry that would say like medium heat. We'd wind up with soupy stir fry.

Too much of a rule follower, in this case, recipe. Thankfully that's been resolved.

Reactions: Moral
Ok so the real biggest pet peeve is his complete inability to put a dish into the dishwasher. I can leave it open and completely empty and he will walk past it to put it into the sink. Ooh or maybe the fact that on the rare occasion he actually cooks something he uses 495 dishes that all must be washed even if they were only used to measure water.

You have to let dishes soak in the sink for a couple days. That’s just science.

We had some issues with the wok. I had encouraged to use as high of heat as we could, naturally, it being a wok and all. She would follow these food blog recipes for stir fry that would say like medium heat. We'd wind up with soupy stir fry.

Too much of a rule follower, in this case, recipe. Thankfully that's been resolved.
That reads like you Northern'd her.

That reads like you Northern'd her.

Ha, I did leave out a few steps. Like rather than insisting, I'd just watch, then drop slight passive aggressive comments. "Kind of soupy", "should it take this long to reduce?", then order a wok book and randomly read out "tips".

The wok expert guy helped a lot.

My wife consistently loses both her wallet and her keys. Always asks me where they are and I have no idea where she left them. It always falls on deaf ears when I bring up that maybe she should always put them on her dresser so she will know where they're at...

Ok so the real biggest pet peeve is his complete inability to put a dish into the dishwasher. I can leave it open and completely empty and he will walk past it to put it into the sink. Ooh or maybe the fact that on the rare occasion he actually cooks something he uses 495 dishes that all must be washed even if they were only used to measure water.

Ok, so I complained that my better half is OCD..... But I am too on certain things. Rinse, and then put in the dishwasher. The dishwasher is not a GD garbage disposal. Kids drive me nuts on this. Is it truly that hard to do this? I'm a step parent so I always have to toe the line, but come on man.... Would you only wipe your butt once if you knew there was more up there?

She does not reveal her vagina nearly enough, but I can live with that. What can't be tolerated is not putting the cap back on the toothpaste. Finally after 20 years, I just started using a separate tube for myself.

Reactions: lucas80 and GOHOX69
How much of your life is spent listening to your wife tell you about all of the wrongs that were committed against her that day by co-workers, friends, etc.? Is it just me, or is it typically the first fifteen minutes of every evening?
A friend of mine once said that he and his wife were starting a conversation after she got home from work.

He told me he said to her…’Let me stop you just a second and guess where this is going. Is this the part where you tell me how much smarter you are than everyone else at work and how they don’t work as hard as you?’ Lol. Ouch.

My wife puts stuff in the dishwasher in such a way that it makes it clear that she thinks that the wash cycle takes place after the entire dishwasher fills with water and circulates around like clothes in a washer. Dishes facing up. Glasses on their side. Utensils hanging down in the path of the wash sprayer blocking it from turning. Drives me crazy.

My wife puts stuff in the dishwasher in such a way that it makes it clear that she thinks that the wash cycle takes place after the entire dishwasher fills with water and circulates around like clothes in a washer. Dishes facing up. Glasses on their side. Utensils hanging down in the path of the wash sprayer blocking it from turning. Drives me crazy.
That would make me crazy.

I’ve been trying for 25 years to get my wife to correctly salt pasta water. Still no luck.

Funny, as I came to post the same about my wife. 15 years together and still every used dish goes in the sink rather than the dishwasher. More often than not, in the left hand side blocking the garbage disposal. I'm fairly certain that I've made it clear that she's just adding work and inconvenience for me and that directly into the dishwasher saves everyone time. Pretty sure it's out of spite at this point. FML.

Reactions: 3boysmom
On the serious side. My wife has definite hoarding tendencies and it runs in her family.

I am able to keep things in check but if something would happen to me? ......

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
Goes through the effort of completing and folding multiple loads of laundry, only to put the baskets of clean clothes in the closet and not put anything away. Just picks stuff out of the baskets as needed.

Reactions: tumorboy
At least he got into the sink.

Reactions: lucas80
1. I get to hear every detail of every insignificant dream. Hell, I can't remember mine at all much less in that level of detail.
2. I also get to hear about every person, traffic light, construction zone etc that impeded his trip to/from anywhere.

Here is a timely one. She thinks I need to stop posting on HROT to got deal with a gigantic spider in the bathroom off of the laundry room. Spiders are not my job.
I coulda got it. By the time stamp on your post I was still in the house, I think.

Mine is the bug killer in our house. They freak her out so badly she attacks them mercilessly, screaming and cursing at them. It’s one of her finer features.
I do that. I love to talk shit to bugs and spiders, or even a stubborn-to-clean pot. “Listen here motherfücker with your ugly mom-having ass… “ — that type of thing.

“Babe, who are you talking to?”

“The stock pot, babe.”

Reactions: Tenacious E
First off, your spouse/significant other, not mine. It's in the title.
Mrs. Lucas asked me to pick up mixed nuts at Hy-Vee a week ago. I came home and opened the cupboard door to put them away, and there were two cans in there already. I picked them up, gave them a shake, and after opening them found about a half an inch of filberts and pecans in each one. So, I poured the contents of one of them into the other, and put in the fresh container. When I went to the store today mixed nuts was again on the list. When I got home the same two containers were in the cupboard. The one I'd consolidated, and the "new" one I'd bought last week, with nothing but filberts and pecans in it.
I asked the wife if I should just buy her big containers of peanuts, almonds, and cashews. Kind of a passive aggressive thing I guess, but she didn't pick up on it, and just told me to get walnuts, too.

Gosh my wife orders the groceries online and I swear sometimes she puts in the order via throwing things at a dart board without actually confirming in any way what we need.

On the serious side. My wife has definite hoarding tendencies and it runs in her family.

I am able to keep things in check but if something would happen to me? ......

If it doesn't get too humid, it's highly likely that after you die, your body will undergo some serious mummification. Any idea where you think she'll place you?

Mine is the bug killer in our house. They freak her out so badly she attacks them mercilessly, screaming and cursing at them. It’s one of her finer features.
Our kitchen has to be cleaned after every meal so the bugs don't have a reason to come in the house

This is true however 120 minutes in exchange for 37 seconds of hopping on the ****truck for a ride to Poundtown is horrible coitus ROI.
Then you aren’t doing it right. Been married over 20 years and we still have the passion in our marriage like we are 20/30 something year olds.

• Love
Reactions: Twoooooooo
If it doesn't get too humid, it's highly likely that after you die, your body will undergo some serious mummification. Any idea where you think she'll place you?
She'll get the last laugh and put me in the crawl space with the hookers.

Reactions: cfbfan23
A friend of mine once said that he and his wife were starting a conversation after she got home from work.

He told me he said to her…’Let me stop you just a second and guess where this is going. Is this the part where you tell me how much smarter you are than everyone else at work and how they don’t work as hard as you?’ Lol. Ouch.

Your friend sounds like a real dick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT