ADVERTISEMENT

Let's revisit the movie Rudy

alaskanseminole

HR Legend
Oct 20, 2002
This is fantastic and hilarious read!

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/coll...***-rudy-as-a-staff-a-record-label-and-a-crew

bYyRhxD.png

XIBItbd.png

EkP63_wXsAAuSHY

Last edited:
Met him at the first Fry Fest. He walked up and handed us his autograph on some promotional flyer for some sports drink(?) he was promoting, and walked away.

Reactions: Tunadog and Moral
I saw him give some kind of motivational speech and it was difficult to listen to somebody that was severely overweight and wearing a hawaiian shirt motivate anybody

• Wow
Reactions: alaskanseminole
I can't remember the interview, but whoever it was that was at ND said the movie was the biggest folly ever
The memories of my family outings are still a source of strength to me.
I remember we'd all pile into the car - I forget what kind it was - and
drive and drive. I'm not sure where we'd go, but I think there were some
trees there. The smell of something was strong in the air as we played
whatever sport we played. I remember a bigger, older guy we called
"Dad." We'd eat some stuff, or not, and then I think we went home. I
guess some things never leave you.

I get that the story is greatly exaggerated. And things were added that didn’t occur. However, he was still a kid from a working class family with little to no history of college who worked his ass off, as a dyslexic, to get into Notre Dame. And who walked onto the football team and earned enough respect on the scout team to dress and get into a game. People sneering about fine details forget why the film was made in the first place.

I get that the story is greatly exaggerated. And things were added that didn’t occur. However, he was still a kid from a working class family with little to no history of college who worked his ass off, as a dyslexic, to get into Notre Dame. And who walked onto the football team and earned enough respect on the scout team to dress and get into a game. People sneering about fine details forget why the film was made in the first place.
I'd say that story can be true of just about any college football team. I didn't like it as I'm not a Notre Dame fan and it felt like a commercial for the school. That and it was too cheesy.

Of course, change the school to Iowa and name it "Brownlee" and it may be my most favorite sports movie ever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT