ADVERTISEMENT

Libertarians are the only sane political beings left.

HawktimusPrime

HR Legend
Mar 23, 2015
Or those that don't adhere to preset principles based on the ideas of others.

Is saw this statement.....

"If Libertarian principles would allow Corporations to become too powerful, then why don't Corporations back the Libertarian Party and their candidates instead of the Republican and Democratic parties and their candidates?"

This is their big shot this year to do something, so don't mess it up. They're probably going to start with about fifteen percent out of the gate. Get a sane candidate and you're off and running.

"If Libertarian principles would allow Corporations to become too powerful, then why don't Corporations back the Libertarian Party and their candidates instead of the Republican and Democratic parties and their candidates?"

Why would they back an entity that has zero chance of winning or influencing policy?

This is their big shot this year to do something, so don't mess it up. They're probably going to start with about fifteen percent out of the gate. Get a sane candidate and you're off and running.
If he/she agrees to literally dismantle Washington with the people I'm all for him.

Reactions: DarkThunder#61
Why should they when they have candidates from an established party ready to do their bidding? Makes no sense to take that kind of gamble. If they miss, they could throw the election to their least favored candidate.
But libertarian principles would be the best thing that could happen to them according to some. No restrictions, regulations, free coke for everyone. You say they prefer actual Liberals let's say? They would risk the opposite of what I just listed with the Liberals wouldn't they? Seeing as they want heavy regulations.

So you're saying they the Democratic nominees aren't a risk to them? As well as the cons?

I love your crowd. Anytime you get pinched you just squeal and run around the room. It's such a turn on, I can't wait to pinch you again.
No, I'm playing to win. You think one cute little statement won you this debate? Lazy. It gets better, so pay attention.

Why should they when they have candidates from an established party ready to do their bidding? Makes no sense to take that kind of gamble. If they miss, they could throw the election to their least favored candidate.
Oh and you're also saying a Libertarian candidate could be a risk to them...? Why? Wouldn't the fact that he has less support make him easier to manipulate?

Since the koch brothers suddenly outed themselves as not the right wing hate mongers that the libs thought they were, suddenly the libs invented this narrative that the koch brothers are libertarian

No, I'm playing to win. You think one cute little statement won you this debate? Lazy. It gets better, so pay attention.
You should back a winning team if you want to win. Your current team forfeits most every game and has never tasted victory when they bother to play. This debate was over before you ever posted. You and your crowd is just too foolish to see it.

Since the koch brothers suddenly outed themselves as not the right wing hate mongers that the libs thought they were, suddenly the libs invented this narrative that the koch brothers are libertarian
This isn't new. One of them even ran for VP on the libertarian ticket. They used to be as foolish as Prime. Then they smartened up and realized they would do better if they co opted the R party. This isn't that complicated.

This isn't new. One of them even ran for VP on the libertarian ticket. They used to be as foolish as Prime. Then they smartened up and realized they would do better if they co opted the R party. This isn't that complicated.
so hillary is now r party?

You should back a winning team if you want to win. Your current team forfeits most every game and has never tasted victory when they bother to play. This debate was over before you ever posted. You and your crowd is just too foolish to see it.
You really have no idea how to answer this do you?

Oh, this getting good and you're going exactly where I wish you to go with this. Carry on......

They would rather be one level less powerful in this great country as we know it today than be even more powerful in the shithole this country would become if libertarians were making decisions in real life.

Not only do liberals get to define what makes one belong on the fake left or fake right team, they get to choose the teams and assign ideology , they also get to assign libertarianism now to people as a trump card, if they cannot define said person's team

Not only do liberals get to define what makes one belong on the fake left or fake right team, they get to choose the teams and assign ideology , they also get to assign libertarianism now to people as a trump card, if they cannot define said person's team
We are powerful.

I watched a good portion of part 1 of the libertarian debate, and it seemed to me that they hadn't quite figured out what it meant to be Libertarian. Their ideas were so different, that I couldn't understand how they even belonged to the same party. At least you know the R's want to secure the border, and the D's want to make it irrelevant, and you know everyone generally agrees within the party. We know the R's are suspicious of letting Muslims in en mass, and we know the D's believe the risk is worth the humanitarian obligation. The Libertarians were all over on these things.

I always think of libertarians as being hesitant to go to war. No way the big defense companies support them.

Reactions: Raglefant
I watched a good portion of part 1 of the libertarian debate, and it seemed to me that they hadn't quite figured out what it meant to be Libertarian. Their ideas were so different, that I couldn't understand how they even belonged to the same party. At least you know the R's want to secure the border, and the D's want to make it irrelevant, and you know everyone generally agrees within the party. We know the R's are suspicious of letting Muslims in en mass, and we know the D's believe the risk is worth the humanitarian obligation. The Libertarians were all over on these things.
I must be a republican by this account. I wonder if I lose my superpowers?

I'm reading Dark Money that WWJD has been pimping for a while now. It talks about this. After losing on the libertarian ticket they decided it was more worth while to try to move the R party towards their ideas then to win on their own. Another interest thing was the main reason David Koch ran as vice president was to get around campaign finance laws. Since he was on the ticket they could spend unlimited money and not be bound by any of the donor limits.

Reactions: naturalmwa
I'm reading Dark Money that WWJD has been pimping for a while now. It talks about this. After losing on the libertarian ticket they decided it was more worth while to try to move the R party towards their ideas then to win on their own. Another interest thing was the main reason David Koch ran as vice president was to get around campaign finance laws. Since he was on the ticket they could spend unlimited money and not be bound by any of the donor limits.
And yet they still couldn't buy their way in. Weird. If this was a sane forum, that would challenge some world views.

You'll never lose your superpowers Natural, but I guess it's pretty clear I lean more with the R's regarding the border:).
I think Ds lean closer to your position than you give credit. There aren't too many free market lovers when it comes to immigration.

But libertarian principles would be the best thing that could happen to them according to some. No restrictions, regulations, free coke for everyone. You say they prefer actual Liberals let's say? They would risk the opposite of what I just listed with the Liberals wouldn't they? Seeing as they want heavy regulations.

So you're saying they the Democratic nominees aren't a risk to them? As well as the cons?

Ok...lets say there are two established parties...A and B. A has always been associated with Corporations while B has leaned more on Regulations. Party C comes along and appeals to Corporations. So Corporations decides to throw support to C. This will, by necessity, split the Corporations vote between A and C and give B an edge.

None of this means that the Libertarian party is good or bad for Corporations...it just shows why the test proposed in the op doesn't hold water. Even if it were pro-corporation, the Libertarian Party would struggle to supplant the party the corporations are already comfortable with.

Ok...lets say there are two established parties...A and B. A has always been associated with Corporations while B has leaned more on Regulations. Party C comes along and appeals to Corporations. So Corporations decides to throw support to C. This will, by necessity, split the Corporations vote between A and C and give B an edge.

None of this means that the Libertarian party is good or bad for Corporations...it just shows why the test proposed in the op doesn't hold water. Even if it were pro-corporation, the Libertarian Party would struggle to supplant the party the corporations are already comfortable with.
Fine, but if the principles of C allowed freedom for corporations in a near zero to zero percentage why would ANY corporation not vote and support only C?
What disadvantage might voting in a truly Libertarian give them. I can think of one right off the bat, something most people wouldn't argue with.

And yet they still couldn't buy their way in. Weird. If this was a sane forum, that would challenge some world views.
You think they haven't bought their way in? What're they spending their money on then? Maybe they never intended to actually win when one of them ran.....

Fine, but if the principles of C allowed freedom for corporations in a near zero to zero percentage why would ANY corporation not vote and support only C?
What disadvantage might voting in a truly Libertarian give them. I can think of one right off the bat, something most people wouldn't argue with.
I think we can all think of many disadvantages libertarianism offers. Simply look at where it has existed.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Prime is killing it. As much as I hate to admit it, he's right, he's dominating this debate, and it isn't close.

They have been using their money to bastardize the Republican party and cozy up to neo-liberals. Why elect libertarians when you can slowly turn the GOP into a laissez faire oligarchic puppet.

Let's be honest. Libertarians are sell-outs just like the rest of them. Guys like RP don't practice what they preach. Then when they fail on that account, ordinary libertarians suddenly claim that they aren't real libertarians.

And here's how you know that libertarians are bullshit. What party do they operate under? A real libertarian would look at the Republicans and all their big government intrusions like the military, gay marriage, and religion and say, "No thanks."

Reactions: moral_victory
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT