ADVERTISEMENT

Libertarians are the only sane political beings left.

I never said I wasn't one did I? I'm fully aware that my thoughts and practices aren't considered to always be normal. You say sociopath, I say enlightened. Although your meaning of the word does apply to certain people, but in this case I don't think so.
Are you compulsively antisocial?

Reactions: moral_victory
I did read it it. I didn't stop with that isolated statement.
Always good to ditch the foundational premise of any argument. The author writes "Before we start, I'd like to state reality is exactly like natural says, objective and fact based. Now let's imagine some crazy." You just skip right over the warning and lap up the crazy imaginings.

Always good to ditch the foundational premise of any argument. The author writes "Before we start, I'd like to state reality is exactly like natural says, objective and fact based. Now let's imagine some crazy." You just skip right over the warning and lap up the crazy imaginings.
Do you enjoy debating "crazy" people, by your definition? If you do, and you engage in that often (which, apparently you do), maybe you've picked-up some of their crazy and don't even realize how it has manifested itself.

Now, let's imagine some crazy...

Eh? You'll have to spell this out for me. Abortion schtick?

I bet if you think hard on it you will figure it out. Just how poor is your memory? I already realized you forget you engagements with other users, but with yourself and your other personas too?

Do you enjoy debating "crazy" people. If you do, and you engage in that often (which, apparently you do), maybe you've picked-up some of their crazy and don't even realize how it has manifested itself.

Now, let's imagine some crazy...
He has I think. To be clear I don't think sociopath is what the word meant in yesterdays world, or even then perhaps. These days it's applied to any one with perhaps a little too much character in their personality I guess I would say. A sort of stop sweating the useless stuff, start focusing on the real philosophy, if you will. You see tarheeelbybirth was right in that sociopaths definitively are accused of not giving a shit about rules and being above them. He is correct in that definition, but I don't think that such a word should be used for someone who simply sees certain rules as pure garbage like waste. I believe that certain rules are a waste for anyone and everyone else also.

Just to clear that up a bit.

Reactions: strummingram
He has I think. To be clear I don't think sociopath is what the word meant in yesterdays world, or even then perhaps. These days it's applied to any one with perhaps a little too much character in their personality I guess I would say. Stop sweating the useless stuff, start focusing on the real, if you will. You see tarheeelbybirth was right in that sociopaths definitively are accused of not giving a shit about rules and being above them. He is correct in that definition, but I don't think that such a word should be used by someone who simply sees certain rules as pure garbage like waste.

Ummm...I specifically said you weren't a sociopath. Your comprehension skills are tiny.

There is one cool thing about HawktimusPrime. He usually self contains his trolling by staying in his own threads. Rarely does he venture from his own threads, and if he does the interaction is minimal.

He has I think. To be clear I don't think sociopath is what the word meant in yesterdays world, or even then perhaps. These days it's applied to any one with perhaps a little too much character in their personality I guess I would say. Stop sweating the useless stuff, start focusing on the real, if you will. You see tarheeelbybirth was right in that sociopaths definitively are accused of not giving a shit about rules and being above them. He is correct in that definition, but I don't think that such a word should be used by someone who simply sees certain rules as pure garbage like waste.

I think science is becoming very much like nationalism and organized religion. Most people don't really know it experientially, but they believe what others have said about it. I'm not denying that scientific study and applications are not useful. They absolutely are. Everything is useful!

You didn't say that at all actually. Your last sentence in that post implied that, or that I was trying to be that. You specifically said nothing specifically.
He is actually very good at not being specific. I'm envious of his skill in that that sense, occasionally.

However, in his defense, I don't think he was referring to you, or implying that you were a sociopath at all. My response to you being one (potentially) was when you said "Who said I wasn't?"

He is actually very good at not being specific. I'm envious of his skill in that that sense, occasionally.

However, in his defense, I don't think he was referring to you, or implying that you were a sociopath at all. My response to you being one (potentially) was when you said "Who said I wasn't?"
Gotcha, I took it as he was implying I was one. Communication, it can get tricky at times. Especially when you don't really know who you're talking to and have never seen them in person.

I think science is becoming very much like nationalism and organized religion. Most people don't really know it experientially, but they believe what others have said about it. I'm not denying that scientific study and applications are not useful. They absolutely are. Everything is useful!
Agreed, I don't think there is any advantage to being absolute. Another thing the 'libertarian' types are accused of. Which I've never understood why, as that means they are adaptable and open to change.

You didn't say that at all actually. Your last sentence in that post implied that, or that I was trying to be that. You specifically said nothing specifically.

I said that exactly. Let's roll the tape:

LOL...that's already been established. But you do it within the constraints of society. And you pretend that you have some imaginary "total freedom" because you choose to operate within those constraints...the same as almost everyone else. The only people who truly "do what they want" are sociopaths.

You follow the rules. You stay within society's boundaries. You like to pretend that your CHOICE to do so means you have some mythical "total freedom" because YOUR choices are invariably the only correct ones. You don't barrel down the road at 120 mph. You don't grab a handful of cash from an untended register. And you tell yourself that your choice to not do that means you have "total freedom".

A sociopath/psychopath cares not a whit for the constraints of society - doesn't even comprehend them. . A sociopath can steal and rape and murder with impunity. If you ask them if it's wrong to take an innocent life, the sociopath won't even understand the question. When you claim that you do what you want, you could very well be telling the truth...but everything you do lies within the constraints of civilization. And that makes you NO different from the vastly huge majority of people. You're not special in that regard - you enjoy no more or less freedom than anyone else in your society but you like to pretend that you do. A sociopath knows no such boundaries - a sociopath TRULY does what he or she wants to do.

Agreed, I don't think there is any advantage to being absolute. Another thing the 'libertarian' types are accused of. Which I've never understood why, as that means they are adaptable and open to change.
To go even further, people of some "sciences" are fond of disputing that other "sciences" are really a legitimate "science!" It reminds me a lot of the organized religions, in that sense. Same with nationalism. "Ours is right and anyone who disputes that is wrong."

To go even further, people of some "sciences" are fond of disputing that other "sciences" are really a legitimate "science!" It reminds me a lot of the organized religions, in that sense. Same with nationalism. "Ours is right and anyone who disputes that is wrong."
I think you're getting your information from the Big Bang Theory TV show.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT