ADVERTISEMENT

Libs are close-minded (example)

hawkbleeder

HR Legend
Jul 18, 2002
If a Democrat President were to come along and purposefully try to destroy the country, would libs accept that concept/reality? I say no. They'd rather have the country destroyed if that's what it takes to defeating the right-wing (as described to them) in the process. Party over country for the left...is it not true?

Things that make you go hmm...

Things that make you go hmmm....

enhanced-buzz-21369-1375284054-23.jpg

There's only one way for a man to eat a banana or a corn dog and that's with a knife and a fork.

Phyllis friggin' Schafley....that's your "best" hawkbleeder? Hoooooooooly Keeeeeeristmas!
Now hawkbleeder...this is the same woman who recently said the reason there are so more "DATE RAPES" and assaults on females on college campuses today as compared to "back in the good ol' days" is because there are too many women going to college now!
Ms. Schafley was a Reagan tool back in the 80's and she certainly has not improved over time. She's a right wing nut job.

Originally posted by joelbc1:
Phyllis friggin' Schafley....that's your "best" hawkbleeder? Hoooooooooly Keeeeeeristmas!
Now hawkbleeder...this is the same woman who recently said the reason there are so more "DATE RAPES" and assaults on females on college campuses today as compared to "back in the good ol' days" is because there are too many women going to college now!
Ms. Schafley was a Reagan tool back in the 80's and she certainly has not improved over time. She's a right wing nut job.
Ignore the subject, then isolate and marginalize the messenger - it's Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals 101. Don't you guys ever get tired of destroying people and being effing miserable all the time???

Originally posted by hawkbleeder:

Originally posted by joelbc1:
Ignore the subject, then isolate and marginalize the messenger - it's Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals 101. Don't you guys ever get tired of destroying people and being effing miserable all the time???
Sounds like you're projecting again.

hawk...I am sorry...using a messenger like Schafley just marginalizes any chance for a reasonable discussion. She's an idiot. If you have a legit argument to make, use a valid source(s).
Ms. Schafley's history as an advocate for women eliminates her from such discussions.

Does the OP ever think about anything but politics?

Do you jack off to Sarah Palin?

Do you wake up in the middle of the night and say "boy I'll get those people I don't like with this zinger tomorrow!"?

Do you honestly have no other interests in life? There's about 10 of you that never post in any threads but the political threads. Hell, WWJD even posted about pizza earlier today.

I honestly feel sorrow when I think about the life you lead.

"The U.S. has accepted two new immigrants for each additional job created since 2000."

That is terrifying if true.

Originally posted by slieb85:

Do you wake up in the middle of the night and say "boy I'll get those people I don't like with this zinger tomorrow!"?

Do you honestly have no other interests in life? There's about 10 of you that never post in any threads but the political threads. Hell, WWJD even posted about pizza earlier today.

Says the single guy with kids, who says he doesn't want to be married. I didn't realize the POTUS destroying the country could be so unimportant to you.

Says the single guy with kids, who says he doesn't want to be married. I didn't realize the POTUS destroying the country could be so unimportant to you.
Well I don't think that I agree with the analysis first of all.

Second, I don't think it's unimportant.

Third, I don't think it would destroy the country. At most it's 1/4th of what Iraq and Afghanistan have cost us. Did those "destroy" America?

Lastly, I love my life. I can you know, converse about subjects other than politics. I can watch sports with my friends when I want. I can go on a date 5 nights a week if I want. I can move to New York or Chicago or Denver or San Francisco without having to worry about how that affects someone else. Tomorrow, I'm going to Denver for 2 days of golfing with 2 days of skiing at Beaver Creek in between. I honestly don't think a lot of people look at me and see sorrow.

You, on the other hand, are this pent-up sawed-off little guy with this crazy hard-on for all things Obama. You post almost exclusively about politics. Start threads regularly about the demise of America, because of Obama. You seemingly have no other passions or desires. You spend inordinate amounts of time worrying about things that don't have any real effect on your life.

Here's a piece of advice that I think you should take to heart. Open your eyes. Realize that both sides of the political aisle, in the United States, are here to f*k you. They don't care about you. They don't care about the Constitution. They aren't changing. They aren't improving your life. They aren't going to stop spending money or waging wars. When you start realizing that and demand a complete change in how we elect/who we elect, maybe I'll listen. For now, you're about as unintelligent as they come. Spouting off tidbits you pick up from Fox News like you've got it all figured out. You may think I'm busting your balls, but I'm serious. You want an informed debate? Have one. But the shit you post on here all day every day just outs you as the small minded simpleton you are.

Well I don't think that I agree with the analysis first of all.

Second, I don't think it's unimportant.

Third, I don't think it would destroy the country. At most it's 1/4th of what Iraq and Afghanistan have cost us. Did those "destroy" America?

Lastly, I love my life. I can you know, converse about subjects other than politics. I can watch sports with my friends when I want. I can go on a date 5 nights a week if I want. I can move to New York or Chicago or Denver or San Francisco without having to worry about how that affects someone else. Tomorrow, I'm going to Denver for 2 days of golfing with 2 days of skiing at Beaver Creek in between. I honestly don't think a lot of people look at me and see sorrow.

You, on the other hand, are this pent-up sawed-off little guy with this crazy hard-on for all things Obama. You post almost exclusively about politics. Start threads regularly about the demise of America, because of Obama. You seemingly have no other passions or desires. You spend inordinate amounts of time worrying about things that don't have any real effect on your life.

Here's a piece of advice that I think you should take to heart. Open your eyes. Realize that both sides of the political aisle, in the United States, are here to f*k you. They don't care about you. They don't care about the Constitution. They aren't changing. They aren't improving your life. They aren't going to stop spending money or waging wars. When you start realizing that and demand a complete change in how we elect/who we elect, maybe I'll listen. For now, you're about as unintelligent as they come. Spouting off tidbits you pick up from Fox News like you've got it all figured out. You may think I'm busting your balls, but I'm serious. You want an informed debate? Have one. But the shit you post on here all day every day just outs you as the small minded simpleton you are.
Me, me, me. Good for you.

You assume way too much. I like conservatism, not the GOP, so you can save me the lecture. I'll talk politics on here whenever I want and about what I want and I don't care if you don't like it.

You assume way too much. I like conservatism, not the GOP, so you can save me the lecture. I'll talk politics on here whenever I want and about what I want and I don't care if you don't like it.
That's fine. Just as long as you're comfortable being judged for only caring about that.

You claim to like "conservatism", yet all you do is rail on Democrats. If you hate the GOP so much, why not on them?

I'm gonna say, after hearing this line from you and Aerion Targaryen so much, I'm done saying it myself. If other conservatives aren't willing to break with the GOP, I'm gonna lump them all in together. Next time a conservative runs as an independent and wins, I'll go back to that. For now, there's no difference.

That's fine. Just as long as you're comfortable being judged for only caring about that.

You claim to like "conservatism", yet all you do is rail on Democrats. If you hate the GOP so much, why not on them?

I'm gonna say, after hearing this line from you and Aerion Targaryen so much, I'm done saying it myself. If other conservatives aren't willing to break with the GOP, I'm gonna lump them all in together. Next time a conservative runs as an independent and wins, I'll go back to that. For now, there's no difference.
Because it's the lying Democrats that have created Big Gov and passed laws to feed it at the expense of the private sector and liberty.

Because it's the lying Democrats that have created Big Gov and passed laws to feed it at the expense of the private sector and liberty.
Not that I want to get in the way of your rant, but technically aren't the D's basically honest about their big government plans where the Rs lie about them? Its not like Rs ever actually shrink government, pay down the debt or expand liberties. Ds do some of that, Rs never do.

So have the Republicans.

This is exactly what my first post was about. You're blinded by your ideology.

Get back to me when dems turn away people from their business because they are gay or need an abortion pill like you conservatives do.

Back to reality for a moment, most of post about other things but if you have not noticed politics is the primary thing discussed.

Originally posted by naturalmwa:

government plans where the Rs lie about them? Its not like Rs ever actually shrink government, pay down the debt or expand liberties. Ds do some of that, Rs never do.
Are you trying to give the Dems credit for Sequester?

I mean it didn't enable a financial apocalypse, it actually sparked investor confidence and the markets have been soaring ever since.

It is responsible for 95% of the spending reductions that Obama takes credit for, but saying it was a Dem brainchild is a bit of revisionists history.

Originally posted by 22*43*51:

government plans where the Rs lie about them? Its not like Rs ever actually shrink government, pay down the debt or expand liberties. Ds do some of that, Rs never do.
Are you trying to give the Dems credit for Sequester?

I mean it didn't enable a financial apocalypse, it actually sparked investor confidence and the markets have been soaring ever since.

It is responsible for 95% of the spending reductions that Obama takes credit for, but saying it was a Dem brainchild is a bit of revisionists history.
I was actually thinking of the Clinton debt pay down. I don't think the sequester has actually touched the debt, has it? Deficit sure, but not debt. And of course the credit/blame should always go to whomever actually makes the deal. We're not awarding patents, it doesn't need to be an original idea. Empirically, if you want cuts in government, you need a D in the White House.

I don't think the sequester has actually touched the debt, has it? Deficit sure, but not debt.
One usually proceeds the other.

Don't you remember the "Republicans are holding America hostage" rhetoric? Krugman prognosticated a deeper recession and the collapse of the western world as we know it. (he was wrong of course; As is traditionally the case)

Shutting down the government was the only way the minority party could shake the majority party and their POTUS to cut spending.

The farther we get from it, the more heroic it looks. Obama actually dropped it as an idea initially, then backed down. He should have taken credit for it. It could have been one of the few bold and productive moves of either his terms.

Originally posted by 22*43*51:

I don't think the sequester has actually touched the debt, has it? Deficit sure, but not debt.
One usually proceeds the other.

Don't you remember the "Republicans are holding America hostage" rhetoric? Krugman prognosticated a deeper recession and the collapse of the western world as we know it. (he was wrong of course; As is traditionally the case)

Shutting down the government was the only way the minority party could shake the majority party and their POTUS to cut spending.

The farther we get from it, the more heroic it looks. Obama actually dropped it as an idea initially, then backed down. He should have taken credit for it. It could have been one of the few bold and productive moves of either his terms.
That fits my narrative fine. You certainly wouldn't have gotten that deal with McCain in office. Empirically it's D Presidents that deliver the policies you want. Best strategy to ensure fiscal responsibility would be to vote in Hillary and give her a R congress. If I read Hillary right, she would give you lots of sequesters, Bush probably not.

If you believe that, you're even dumber and more gullible than I thought and I had that bar set pretty low for you to begin with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT