ADVERTISEMENT

Libs, what is your take on AOC’s comments Friday?

I'm not a big fan of AOC and consider myself a centrist Democrat. However, I saw this a couple weeks ago and it pretty much hits the nail on the head. These younger progressives aren't "true" democrats. They are a product of our FUBAR two-party system.

91342867_10115463317684253_6582297471454543872_n.jpg
Here's where I struggle with these progressives. They think it's Democrats or Republicans faults there's only two parties. They think it's a conspiracy by Democrats and Republicans rather than the inevitability it actually is to have two parties given how we make laws. They think they can win seats as Democrats and then suddenly Republicans vanish and the nation is progressive.

She’s right. The country will burn if Trump is elected. So vote to save the country even if you don’t like Biden. Don’t say you weren’t warned if you fail to vote for him.

It hardly matters if you find the message offensive. It only matters that it is true. And everyone on both sides knows the country will be in chaos and turmoil if Trump remains. The election isn’t about politics or policy or personality. It’s about peace. Vote to end the fighting.
So we should be blackmailed into voting for joe because otherwise people will burn down cities? Yeahhhh that’s not how democracy works.

It was so fueled that in a head to head matchup with the progressive wing's leader the moderate wing dominated?

I agree with you that the progressive wing is a significant minority of the party and I would venture that AOC is essentially the future leader of that movement given Sander's and Warren's age.

I don't agree with you that they fully control the party. In head to head match-ups the moderate wing won the last two primary cycles.

Quite frankly I expect the moderate wing to continue to win because as of right now the progressive wing has a diversity problem. It hasn't attracted a lot of support of black voters.

84 to 13 among black voters isn't going to win you the election.

I don't recall stating that the progressives fully control the party. It's obvious they do not. It is a growing movement though.

No sh*t. So a three page thread about her comment is probably overkill.

Well, if I don't respond to every poster, I get called out. Not my fault everyone wants to keep this going. Keep in mind that my original post didn't crucify AOC. I don't deny that it was slanted against her. I don't care for her. But it was hardly ripping her apart

I'm not a big fan of AOC and consider myself a centrist Democrat. However, I saw this a couple weeks ago and it pretty much hits the nail on the head. These younger progressives aren't "true" democrats. They are a product of our FUBAR two-party system.

91342867_10115463317684253_6582297471454543872_n.jpg

If you ever listen to Jimmy Dore, this quote is spot on.

So we should be blackmailed into voting for joe because otherwise people will burn down cities? Yeahhhh that’s not how democracy works.
We don’t have a democracy. That’s the problem. The people are withdrawing their consent to be ruled by this minority government. MAGAs broke America.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT