ADVERTISEMENT

Like Iowa State, former Iowa assistant's new team faced tough FCS opponent in Week 1

cidsports

HB King
Iowa has a new offensive line coach, since Tim Polasek moved onto Wyoming to become offensive coordinator. He rejoined former mentor Craig Bohl, who he coached with at North Dakota State.

“To reunite with Coach Bohl, a true mentor of mine, is very special. A long time ago Coach Bohl took a chance on me and helped me learn how to be a teacher and a leader. He laid the foundation of what is my coaching philosophy and teaching style. I will do everything I can to help him continue his success with Cowboy Football.

“A huge thank you to Kirk Ferentz for taking a shot on an offensive coach who had never coached the O-line. I’ve learned so much in my four years at Iowa, and I will forever be grateful. He taught me what is really important in this business and what is just noise. In my time at Iowa, I can honestly say that I learned something from him every day. Coach Ferentz and his staff exemplify what it is to be true professionals. I wish them all the best moving forward.

“I would like to thank all of my former players for accepting me and allowing me to help them achieve success and reach their full potential. They all hold a special place in my heart. Their improvements, their journeys and their accomplishments are truly why I love coaching football.

“I can’t wait to get to Laramie to see the first-class facilities and meet everyone in the program. I’m excited to get to work with the staff and players. It’s going to be important that we have a strong connection, communicate at a high level and challenge each other daily. Go Pokes"

Iowa State took care of Northern Iowa 16-10 in Week 1. Polasek made his debut at Wyoming with a 19-16 win over Montana State.

Week 2, Wyoming hits the road for a Group of 5 showdown at Northern Illinois, who took care of business at Georgia Tech in Week 1.

Former Michigan State QB and Iowa prep Rocky Lombardi lead the Huskies to their first win on the year.

Wyoming (-6) favorite on the road at Northern Illinois.

We don't play either team in 2021. But, both programs have been on past schedules for the Hawkeyes.

Who do you like or does the CyHawk game have all your attention in Week 2 of College Football?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News